Increase the requirement to play in ranked

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Increase the requirement to play in ranked

Postby Woofwoofz » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:57 am

Honestly in ranked you don't see spammers....Yet one horrible thing you realize is that unexperienced players are in ranked. I mean the players that lose the game for their faction. This happened to one smart late game witch. This witch, was smart. They went late game making town scared to vote if there was a jester. Yet near the end me Blackmailer, Mafioso, Witch, and Vet. Witch decides to witch me into the vet. Stupidly enough they tried to have a witch only win....They directed the me to the vet....Mistake? Mafia broke their barrier, but didn't want to end the game so they didn't vote. Mafia killed the witch anyways because they were stupid. They also directed the gf to the gf. My requirements to play in ranked:
100 games played
45 games won
The requirements of games played is multiplied by 2 and games won is multiplied by x4.5
Hopefully more experienced and no longer people who think spy and lo are the same and this actually become a requirement so ranked becomes more enjoyable!
Woofwoofz

Re: Increase the requirement to play in ranked

Postby ScarfVendetta » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:32 am

Woofwoofz wrote:The requirements of games played is multiplied by 2 and games won is multiplied by x4.5

The current requirements to be eligible for Ranked are:
• Have played at least 50 games (any mode)
• Have played at least 10 Ranked Practice games

I think you are mistaking the requirement to play 10 Ranked Practice games as having to win 10 games. Having a requirement to win some games could be beneficial, but there isn't a huge player-base for Ranked even now. So the entry requirements shouldn't be too high.
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby Algus » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:27 pm

ScarfVendetta wrote:
Woofwoofz wrote:The requirements of games played is multiplied by 2 and games won is multiplied by x4.5

I think you are mistaking the requirement to play 10 Ranked Practice games as having to win 10 games. Having a requirement to win some games could be beneficial, but there isn't a huge player-base for Ranked even now. So the entry requirements shouldn't be too high.

i would argue that it's because of the lax requirements that ranked died off; and while i dont think changing it now is going to fix that, it definitely should have been done sooner

50 games is literally nothing, 10 rp games is literally nothing

it shouldve been 500 and 100 (and i would love to see the stats on ranked queues before and after the rolelist change, because that's why i ultimately stopped playing it)
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:45 am

Algus wrote:
ScarfVendetta wrote:

i would argue that it's because of the lax requirements that ranked died off; and while i dont think changing it now is going to fix that, it definitely should have been done sooner

50 games is literally nothing, 10 rp games is literally nothing

it shouldve been 500 and 100 (and i would love to see the stats on ranked queues before and after the rolelist change, because that's why i ultimately stopped playing it)

Really, if it were up to me, I'd've implemented tiered tutorials and quizzes. A basic "Here's how the interface and basic gameplay work" and quick quiz on that to unlock a Beginner's Classic Mode (Should take no more than 5 minutes to clear and be allowed to play); basic tutorials on the roles that appear in Classic and Beginner's Classic, followed by a quiz (if you already know what you're doing, you can just take the quiz and skip the tutorials) in order to unlock normal Classic; basic tutorials on the remaining roles (including those that do not appear in Ranked), and another quiz in order to unlock Ranked Practice, side modes, and the Coven tutorials; and advanced tutorials on all roles and yet another quiz to unlock Ranked.

But knowing this community, all I'd get is "/nosupport" (btw, HATE that little thing. It feels so passive-aggressive to me)
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Brilliand » Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Algus wrote:50 games is literally nothing, 10 rp games is literally nothing

Please stop misusing "literally".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:55 am

ShylokVakarian wrote:Really, if it were up to me, I'd've implemented tiered tutorials and quizzes. A basic "Here's how the interface and basic gameplay work" and quick quiz on that to unlock a Beginner's Classic Mode (Should take no more than 5 minutes to clear and be allowed to play); basic tutorials on the roles that appear in Classic and Beginner's Classic, followed by a quiz (if you already know what you're doing, you can just take the quiz and skip the tutorials) in order to unlock normal Classic; basic tutorials on the remaining roles (including those that do not appear in Ranked), and another quiz in order to unlock Ranked Practice, side modes, and the Coven tutorials; and advanced tutorials on all roles and yet another quiz to unlock Ranked.

But knowing this community, all I'd get is "/nosupport" (btw, HATE that little thing. It feels so passive-aggressive to me)
That’s a lot of quizzes. Maybe cut the “Beginner’s Classic” thing so there’s only three? The tiered tutorials/quizzes concept is a great idea, though. However, I do think there is a difference between knowing things on paper and knowing things “on the field”, so there should also be a required games count to unlock Ranked.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Suggestions