Would you kindly get off my desk? Thank you.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Would you kindly get off my desk? Thank you.

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:05 am

You know what really grinds my gears? Here I am, writing in my will/death note/notes (collectively "documents" from here on out), and suddenly, a big-ass will/cringy death note/voting menu appears out of nowhere and covers up what I'm trying to work on, making it impossible to read what I'm trying to write, or have already written. We get it, you're a thing, and it's super important that we see you, but could you not rest your smelly ass on my documents while I'm trying to work? Same goes for documents I'm pulling up from the dead. Can I just please be able to have some documents open, whether they're mine or not, and not be interrupted by you shoving a death note in my face and shouting "Look at what this fucker shat out onto a bloody piece of paper!"?

I don't expect to be able to have a document from the dead, a document of my own, and the document or voting menu the game decided was ultra-fucking-important all open next to each other at the same time. I just want to be able to view and write a document I was working with before the game decided it wants to knock over the things on my desk and show me this really cool rock it found. Just put it off to the side, Game, I have important adult things to do, like making a very detailed list of claims.

(It'll be interesting to see how people justify their /nosupports this time)
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Would you kindly get off my desk? Thank you.

Postby Superalex11 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:55 am

100% agree, even made a post 2 months back including this: viewtopic.php?f=78&t=104988
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:19 am

last wills popping up over my targeting list, as pirate, when Im trying to pick someone after last words, really annoys me....idk it may have changed on the unity port... but it only gives you like 3 seconds to find and click your target after the will pops up, usually resulting in a panic click on a stupid target that a crusader is protecting or in no click at all....
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:43 am

kyuss420 wrote:last wills popping up over my targeting list, as pirate, when Im trying to pick someone after last words, really annoys me....idk it may have changed on the unity port... but it only gives you like 3 seconds to find and click your target after the will pops up, usually resulting in a panic click on a stupid target that a crusader is protecting or in no click at all....

I think that's solved in the Unity port. Day action menu, right? Yeah, they moved that stuff over to the player list.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby ShylokVakarian » Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:57 pm

So...anyone else want to chime in?
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:36 am

You should be able to move around the last will and other popups so that they don’t all appear on top of each other. Especially since they took the time to make these things smaller, it makes sense that you should be allowed to customize your workspace and have multiple things on the screen at once without them fighting for the same real estate. This would fix OP’s problem without making it too easy to miss any new wills/death notes/whatever that may appear.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby ShylokVakarian » Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:16 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:You should be able to move around the last will and other popups so that they don’t all appear on top of each other. Especially since they took the time to make these things smaller, it makes sense that you should be allowed to customize your workspace and have multiple things on the screen at once without them fighting for the same real estate. This would fix OP’s problem without making it too easy to miss any new wills/death notes/whatever that may appear.

My not-really-proposed fix that I was thinking of was more like the documents and vote menu all auto-arranged themselves in a neat line. So if you have your will open and nothing else, it sits in the middle. Someone's death note comes up automatically, and your will is pushed over to the right a bit, so now there's the death note and your will side-by-side. Death note goes away, and it's back to the center with you, will. Similar with documents you open up in the graveyard, except it slides to the left, and so on. There could be a document order that determines how they slide over to make room for each other, like Graveyard Will > Graveyard Death Note > Daily Deaths Will/Death Note/Voting Menu > Your Will > Your Death Note > Your Notes.

Obviously, cramming 6 documents all together would be excessive, and only feasible for those with massive screens (Or at least a 19-inch, if you're fine with the text being a bit small, and there being two rows), but even a phone could easily display two or three documents at a time. There would need to be a limit on how many documents one can open themselves at a time, maxed out to how many can fit on the screen at a time, minus one.

We could also have the voting menu moved somewhere else (for all except mobile, of course), so as not to offend my senses with the giant graphic. Yes, I know your new voting menu is pretty, but can we have it in the bottom right instead? Or maybe just an option to move it there, for those of us with large enough screens to fit it there comfortably?
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby doggydoodoo » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 am

I agree. I was writing my long-ass death note once and some fucker got up on my desk and tore it up. I was very sad considering it was a coronavirus joke :(
Do not be afraid Mayor, I, the Jailor, shall spam jail you until the mafia realised they have been bonked
doggydoodoo
Jester
Jester

Return to Suggestions