Pick Pronouns or Gender Neutral

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Pick Pronouns or Gender Neutral

Postby elile » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:54 pm

Hello, I would like to request that a new feature is made to allow individuals to either pick the pronouns for their account or for the system to use gender neutral pronouns. Although the "Easy" choice is to just pick a skin based upon what you are, the issue arises when a androgynous or even masc-appearing character is "apparently as girl" as seen most heavily in the Uriel skin. Some players express distaste for spending so much money on a skin onto to find it calls them something unexpected or unliked, and may for various reasons not like being called one way or the other. This is not really a "trans" issue, although many may assume it to be such, as much as ensuring individuals are enjoying the game to the fullest and not feeling as if they may less satisfied with a purchase due to a misconception. A possible easy fix would be to just shift the androgynous to masc skins to have different pronouns, however this would possibly upset any current users who don't mind or even enjoy the current system. Though this is is in general a relatively small thing, it can persuade individuals to be more or less likely to purchase items in game based upon such a stupid reason, and could even be causing issues where people aren't buying certain more exclusive items simply based upon this.

Skin examples that I have documented by other players with problems with their pronouns:
Uriel
Crusader* (Apparently was a bug when appeared as a "girl" before, but some experienced distaste with the change.)
Potion Master
Poisoner

You may see a small example of some of the complaints in steam threads (https://steamcommunity.com/app/334230/d ... 603836453/), though most I've paid attention to were in-game. There is a former doccumented "player pronouns" thing in suggestions, however it neither looks into the issues of "mistaken" characters, as well as seems to be heavily derailed and focusing with interest on transgender experiences in the matter. However, 41% agreed they'd like customizations, and 6% said they'd want it to be customized or gender neutral inherently. There could be options such as "character specific/they/he/she" to ensure all parties could be satisfied. Thank you for hearing my proposal.
elile

Re: Pick Pronouns or Gender Neutral

Postby Yemac » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:06 am

/nosupport.

It's just a game. I think there are more pressing issues with the game itself and the community the devs have to focus on, than to put in a lot of work for a small minority that either bought something with the wrong pronoun, or don't enjoy the game as much because of said pronouns. (+ this is a political issue, not something a casual game should need to focus on)
Yemac
Lookout
Lookout

Postby woahah » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:55 am

Yemac wrote:/nosupport.

It's just a game. I think there are more pressing issues with the game itself and the community the devs have to focus on, than to put in a lot of work for a small minority that either bought something with the wrong pronoun, or don't enjoy the game as much because of said pronouns. (+ this is a political issue, not something a casual game should need to focus on)

it is a political issue to be able to pick your own pronoun ok
i get its a minor change that the devs would inevitably take ages on because, well, devs, but it would make some people feel much more welcome in the game.

Also this is a feature that most games with pronouns in use have so
Direct all complaints to gonegoneflying@gmail.com
woahah
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Superalex11 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:41 pm

woahah wrote:i get its a minor change that the devs would inevitably take ages on because, well, devs, but it would make some people feel much more welcome in the game.

Even on the list of minor changes, this one really falls super low on priority. If the only thing this change would to is make people "feel more welcome" I really don't even see the point of spending time on it. And honestly, if someone is choosing whether or not to buy (or even support) the game, and the lack of this option is the deciding factor, I wouldn't really trust that person's opinion anyway.

woahah wrote:Also this is a feature that most games with pronouns in use have so

...no it isn't? Unless you mean just choosing a character's gender in general, in which case that doesn't really apply here. There are plenty of options for skins of both genders, both free and paid.

Overall, this is probably the least important suggestion I've seen (aside from new roles), and while it wouldn't be a "bad" change per se, I am gonna give a hard no.
After-Unity™

The compilation begins:
Spoiler: Image
Superalex11
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:03 am

does anyone really care about the fictional gender of a fictional character in a fiction based game? I mean, youre not really a sheriff either, so why doesnt being called sheriff in a fiction based game annoy you?
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Mayor
Mayor

Postby MissAlanius » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:32 pm

Just because you identify as one thing doesn't mean you have to have the character be you.
MissAlanius
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ShylokVakarian » Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:48 pm

/support

As a member of the LGBTQIAOMGWTFBBQ+, I really like when gender is a thing you can choose, even if it's just He/She. He/She/They is ideal, but I'd still consider it an improvement if we can choose gender separate from skin at all.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Return to Suggestions