Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Postby btdmaster » Wed Dec 25, 2019 5:00 pm

Last edited by btdmaster on Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
btdmaster
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Taunts from dead people should be shown only to dead peo

Postby Grethius » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:19 pm

andreiboss50 wrote:The taunts have started to become a semi-P2W metagaming strategy. Dead people transfer information to those alive, making them essentially a portable medium for those who can afford them. For example, if a visiting role dies to a medusa, they can reveal the medusa despite losing their will.

The main counterargument is that evils can use taunts to frame others. This ignores the fact that taunts are not available to everyone. If the best counter to a strategy is the strategy itself that strategy is overpowered. This is especially the case when taunts are meant to be a cosmetic tool for having fun, and not a game mechanic that has to be played around.

There are drastic solutions to this, such as removing the medium or making taunts free. I think these are unreasonable. All we need is to remove taunting while dead, or allow only dead people to see the taunts. This would bring them back to a fun way to turn people to frogs.

This may not solve all problems. Taunting is still a way to whisper without revealing who is involved (who does the taunt is not revealed). But this is a niche case, and is very similar to using codes in the chat. What is breaking the game currently however, is the ability to post results from the dead.

#NOSUPPORT

The main problem with this is that there are people to constantly spam taunts whether alive or dead just to troll or think its funny. So people tend to ignore it.

Taunting can be used as a strategy to throw off a mafia killing a target, a VH killing a vampire, or someone who found the WW/Medusa/Vet/VH. But mostly I have noticed that people dont really pay attention to them anymore. I had to burn through 3 of them just to get someone to realize I was taunting the medusa in a coven game. I see it more people complaining about it in either VIP or RANKED games, mostly in ranked. I actually enjoy using taunts either alive or dead for a variety of reasons. Since you can only get them from having Town Gold, real $$$ or by the Cauldron, they're not that common anymore.
If you have ever came across me in the game and you got upset because I called you a "Dumbass", then you did something to deserve it.

Never underestimate the power of a group of dumbasses.
Grethius
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Taunts from dead people should be shown only to dead peo

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:02 am

They would be more common, as they are rewards for rank when season ends, but with this 24 month long season, they have gotten scarce among the players who dont wanna throw $1 at the game (you get 30 in the $1 taunt bundles + TP)

But as the guy above stated, they have been used by both sides, to point out the medusa or to cause a mislynch by a taunt on a townie with no claim, after medusa stoned someone, that most people are starting to ignore taunts again. Also most people I see taunted are so obviously the medusa/VIP that they were going to be lynched/killed with or without the taunt anyway.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions