More transparent reports

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

More transparent reports

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:12 pm

This has probably been suggested many times before, but I want to make a suggestion to prevent wrong reports and encourage right reports. It's simple: if someone is reported in a game and the report is deemed innocent, everyone who reported them will receive a notification telling them that. And if someone is reported and the report is deemed guilty, everyone who participated in that game will receive a notification. This way, people would know which reports are right and which ones are wrong. This would be especially useful if it were combined with some rewards for making right reports, like town points or cosmetics or something like that.
Maybe it would also be cool if there were a notification for the reporters if their report was closed without judgement too, but I'm not sure about that one. What do you think?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Re: More transparent reports

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:14 pm

The issue with notifications over your report being closed without judgement is that there are so many ways that can happen that it doesn't really mean anything. Additionally, since the report was closed without judgement, it ultimately doesn't advance the apparent goal of teaching people what reports are accurate, since it's unknown whether the report would have been closed as innocent or guilty.

EDIT: But then again, that leads to people wondering if their report ever got filed, if they aren't notified that it was closed. A possible solution to this is to just tell the player: "a report you filed was closed" no matter how it was closed, and then link them to the report so they can see it for themselves. By making the player take that extra step to see the report, they would then be lead to read it and come to a better understanding of why it was judged a certain way, rather than just "it was inno'd" or "it was guiltied".
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Re: More transparent reports

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:37 pm

Yes, linking the report would do no harm.
I'm also not sure about telling about reports being closed without judgement, I just think it's better than nothing at all. It could tell the reporters how many times the reported player commited the offense, and explain how many times they have to commit it to be punished for it.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions