New Gamemode: Deliberation

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New Gamemode: Deliberation

Postby xXIllegalPotatoXx » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:06 pm

OK so here's my idea (it's probably trash)...but it might be the end of "dumb towns" as we know it.

So I'm always in-game, typing down as much info as I can about everyone else in my will, but the fact is that the chat just runs too fast and the night phases are too slow for real analysis and planning for any role.

Enter Deliberation Mode. In this gamemode, the night phase lasts until the players choose to end it, allowing for better planning and deliberation by the mafia and neutral roles, as well as more time to analyze the chat to find evils for the town. There would be a voting system in place to end the night phase, which works like this.

Each person gets 1 vote individually. They can, at any time, click a box confirming that they wish for the night phase to end. If the player has not moved their cursor in the last two minutes or has not entered a unique message into the chat in the last two days, that vote will automatically by cast.

The mafia/coven/vampires, as an entity, have five votes. Those five votes will be cast simultaneously when over half of the members of that team have voted to end the night phase.

If nobody casts their vote, the night phase will automatically end after 5 minutes.

The mafia/coven/vampires do not count as an entity after their numbers have been reduced to only one.

2/3rds of all votes must be cast in order for the night phase to end.

Anyway, this idea is probably trash, but tell me what you think!
Favorite Roles:Survivor, Necromancer, Jailor, Plaguebearer,(even though it never wins.)Executioner,
Worst/Most boring roles:Framer, Disguiser, Forger, Hex Master, Medium, Retributionist, Vigilante.

Spoiler: Yes, I know my signature is unoriginal. Deal with it.
xXIllegalPotatoXx
Lookout
Lookout

Re: New Gamemode: Deliberation

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:32 am

Your idea isn't trash at all, believe in yourself.
I think this kind of thing should be added to Custom instead of a completely new game-mode. So that means Custom will be able to do the following if the host selects them, this is just a braindump but yeah it would work a lot better than having a seperate gamemode :)
  • Toggle showing cause of death upon a player's death
  • Toggle showing a players role upon death
  • Toggle showing a players will upon death
  • Toggle phase-skip votes (upon a majority vote, the phase will skip to the next)
  • Set custom day and night lengths
  • Implement your suggestion where night ends only after a majority 'vote' for it.
Stuff like that
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Boredfan1 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:18 am

JacksonVirgo wrote:Your idea isn't trash at all, believe in yourself.
I think this kind of thing should be added to Custom instead of a completely new game-mode. So that means Custom will be able to do the following if the host selects them, this is just a braindump but yeah it would work a lot better than having a seperate gamemode :)
  • Toggle phase-skip votes (upon a majority vote, the phase will skip to the next)
  • Implement your suggestion where night ends only after a majority 'vote' for it.
Stuff like that

I don't agree with this list. Not showing cause of death might create some really interesting and fun games and being able to lengthen nights has some merit to it, the rest simple don't work with how the game has been designed.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby JacksonVirgo » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:26 am

Boredfan1 wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Your idea isn't trash at all, believe in yourself.
Stuff like that

I don't agree with this list. Not showing cause of death might create some really interesting and fun games and being able to lengthen nights has some merit to it, the rest simple don't work with how the game has been designed.

Yeah I agree with you honestly. Just was brain dumping possibilities :)
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:53 pm

The problem with this gamemode is that the voting could be easily abused by trolls/salty players, especially when there are only a few players left.
Also, if mafia already has trouble winning with such a limited time, imagine them playing while town has so much time to debate.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Boredfan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:16 pm

Joacgroso wrote:The problem with this gamemode is that the voting could be easily abused by trolls/salty players, especially when there are only a few players left.
Also, if mafia already has trouble winning with such a limited time, imagine them playing while town has so much time to debate.

If it's only the night phase extended, it's not a big deal, that's actually to the benefit of the evil factions and to the detriment of Town. That is why I don't agree with lengthening days, only night.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:38 pm

Long nights give town more time to think, so they favor mafia.
Mafia can only win either if town makes mistakes or gets an awful rolelist. Reducing the odds of town commiting a mistake would only benefit town imo.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Boredfan1 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:42 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Long nights give town more time to think, so they favor mafia.
Mafia can only win either if town makes mistakes or gets an awful rolelist. Reducing the odds of town commiting a mistake would only benefit town imo.

I have no clue what you are talking about. One of the biggest problems is that the mafia and other evil factions don't have enough time to communicate and adjust to their situation which is why longer nights are good. This wouldn't help town at all, sure people have more time to think about stuff but in the end, with limited information and no new information gained during the night except by reading the chat log, it makes the game more balanced.
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:40 am

I guess we can agree to disagree about that then.

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Boredfan1 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:03 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I guess we can agree to disagree about that then.

I refuse to disagree. :P
Boredfan1
Jailor
Jailor

Postby EgyptFalcon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:01 pm

Boredfan1 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:I guess we can agree to disagree about that then.

I refuse to disagree. :P

Yes! Agree with me! (also I agree with you if mafia aren't complete potatoes longer nights benefit mafia way more than they do town)
Check out my best role ideas:
Doomsayer (TK)
Kleptomaniac (NE)
Riddler (MK)
EgyptFalcon
Spy
Spy

Return to Suggestions