Arsonist improvements.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Arsonist improvements.

Postby saywhut » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:25 am

Arsonist is one of the least winnable roles, and most arsonists I see make it near the end complain that all their doused targets got killed or hung. What if as well as making any doused people appear as big gf arsonist they were granted full or limited immunity? It would add a real element of chaos to the game. It would improve arso’s chances a lot and would have town and mad possibly chasing their tails. Obviously jailor exe and veteran would be exempt. In conjunction with the spy role I think it could keep town pretty distracted.
saywhut
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Arsonist improvements.

Postby swagmm23 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:51 am

I don't know about this idea.

It does what it's intended and arsonist can say that they got doused to get away from trouble for that day or even night (if he survives an evil role's attack with his defense), but this makes the role a tad unrealistic with giving the target defense, even if it's a one time basic defense (or autovest)
swagmm23
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Flavorable » Sat Nov 23, 2019 11:53 am

Arson was the last NK to get an update and, personally, I feel like it's not that problematic. If people keep complaining about their doused targets getting killed or lynched, perhaps the Arsons should strategize their douses more.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby kyuss420 » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:57 am

Flavorable wrote:Arson was the last NK to get an update and, personally, I feel like it's not that problematic. If people keep complaining about their doused targets getting killed or lynched, perhaps the Arsons should strategize their douses more.

Yup, stop dousing obvious mafia/coven targets.

Problem with arso, is they cant really ignite until it leaves them in a 1v1 situation, otherwise town and other evils hunt for them, so they have to get majority down regardless. If other evils kill arsos douses, the majority has dropped anyway, and arso would still need another night to douse another victim. Even if the doused guy had defence and lived, thats just another vote town has against the arso
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kosmo16 » Thu Nov 28, 2019 1:26 pm

kyuss420 wrote:
Flavorable wrote:Arson was the last NK to get an update and, personally, I feel like it's not that problematic. If people keep complaining about their doused targets getting killed or lynched, perhaps the Arsons should strategize their douses more.

Yup, stop dousing obvious mafia/coven targets.

Problem with arso, is they cant really ignite until it leaves them in a 1v1 situation, otherwise town and other evils hunt for them, so they have to get majority down regardless. If other evils kill arsos douses, the majority has dropped anyway, and arso would still need another night to douse another victim. Even if the doused guy had defence and lived, thats just another vote town has against the arso

As Arso you douse mediums, ret, veteran. I bearly need to deal with situations that my target was killed. About 1.5 year ago I put guide for Arso, have a look.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:18 pm

I think a nice (although small) buff for arso would be allowing witches to know wheter they are doused. Right now witches have trouble teaming up with arsonists since they can easily kill them if they have doused them before, so unless the arsonist has ignited before, it's safer to vote with mafia.
Also, it would be nice if arsos were douse-immune, instead of being forced to waste a night if they are doused.
Last edited by Joacgroso on Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kosmo16 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:01 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I think a nice (although small) buff for arso would be allow witches to know wheter they are doused. Right now witches have a trouble teaming with arsonists since they can easily kill them if they have doused them before, so unless the arsonist has ignited before, it's safer to vote with mafia.
Also, it would be nice if arsos were douse-immune, instead of being forced to waste a night if they are doused.

I would start with 1 simple improvment. Arso for sure shouldn't have possibility to douse himself when controlled by Witch. Remove this stupid interaction.
Legacy Season Rank: Master
Season One Rank: Master
Season Two Rank: Diamond
Season Three Rank: Master
Season Four Rank: Master
kosmo16
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:21 pm

I just noticed the amount of typos in my previous post.
The suggestion above makes sense, of course. I wonder why it was changed in the first place.
Also, I think survivors should also know wheter they are doused, so they lose their incentive not to team up with the arsonist.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:30 am

kosmo16 wrote:
Joacgroso wrote:I think a nice (although small) buff for arso would be allow witches to know wheter they are doused. Right now witches have a trouble teaming with arsonists since they can easily kill them if they have doused them before, so unless the arsonist has ignited before, it's safer to vote with mafia.

I would start with 1 simple improvment. Arso for sure shouldn't have possibility to douse himself when controlled by Witch. Remove this stupid interaction.

Hey I won a match as Coven leader (basically witch) vs 2 arsos and a jester that wouldnt vote anyone. basically I sent the arso that was igniting, to the one that was dousing, and the following night sent the one that was dousing to the one that was igniting, resulted in 2 burnt arsos and a burnt jester XD

Altho yea, I think the interaction of sending arso to himself should result in arso igniting his doused targets
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Return to Suggestions