Player Commendations

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Player Commendations

Postby Shaylios » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:48 pm

I'd really love to see the option to give a player kudos or something. Has no significance in the game other than a "Hey, you did really great!" notice.
I've been in some really great games with people who are just AMAZING and deserve a thumbs up. Something small like this would be a huge positive boost to the player community.
Shaylios

Re: Player Commendations

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:52 am

Like a player built reputation system? That would be a great implementation in theory but in practice it would break down with the amount of toxicity this game has. Toxic players could use their rep as a tool to force superiority on others "I have x rep, bet you have 0" kind of thing which honestly would be disgusting but it would happen. In addition as the +1 rep system, you should be able to -1 their rep which could also be abused by the toxic players to destroy somebody's high rep.

I hate that systems like this can't be implemented easily because of the utter toxicity of the player base. Quite sad actually
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:48 am

well at the end of the game, you can always say ''great game dude'' or something like that...

Problem is, with the way I play the game at times, I have half of the lobby (usually the evil team) praising my great plays, while the other half (usually town) are abusing me for fooling them and causing their loss. With that said it is good to get some kudos, after copping a ton of salt in the dead chat.
Last edited by kyuss420 on Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby noveiia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:02 am

Maybe a way to do this would be adding an anonymous “taunt” but instead of having a dog pissing on you or something it could just pop up a little “great job!” by the player.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Transcender » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:12 pm

noveiia wrote:Maybe a way to do this would be adding an anonymous “taunt” but instead of having a dog pissing on you or something it could just pop up a little “great job!” by the player.

this could probably be abused
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby noveiia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:18 pm

Google wrote:
noveiia wrote:Maybe a way to do this would be adding an anonymous “taunt” but instead of having a dog pissing on you or something it could just pop up a little “great job!” by the player.

Not if you make them work exactly the same as regular taunts. Put them in the exact same spot, make the same rules apply such as a taunted player can’t be re-taunted, can’t use taunts at certain times, can’t use taunts too close to the end of a phase, etc.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Transcender » Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:44 pm

noveiia wrote:
Google wrote:

Not if you make them work exactly the same as regular taunts. Put them in the exact same spot, make the same rules apply such as a taunted player can’t be re-taunted, can’t use taunts at certain times, can’t use taunts too close to the end of a phase, etc.

oh no no
regular taunts are just as abusable
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby noveiia » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:09 pm

Google wrote:
noveiia wrote:
Google wrote:

oh no no
regular taunts are just as abusable

But that means there isn’t any added harm in adding these.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:38 pm

Don't we already have the fireworks?
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions