very cool gamemode that doesn't ripoff lovers at all lol

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

very cool gamemode that doesn't ripoff lovers at all lol

Postby RealZippyK » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:39 am

What if there was a town of salem gamemode where you don't get a rolecard, and part of the gamemode is figuring out what your role is.
It could be a spin on the whole town being cursed with something that makes them forget their identity.
Players would need to figure out their role by what their abilities are.
Some roles would be easy to figure out what they are than other roles.
In this gamemode, texts at night like, "You have decided to investigate John Cena tonight." would all be replaced with a single text like, "You decide to visit John Cena tonight."
For town and mafia, the only way to figure out your role would be to see what effects your night ability does.
Investigators will be able to see that, "your target is a Spy, Blackmailer, or Jailor" and the person would know they're an investigator.
For mafia/coven, all players in m/c know that they're in the mafia or coven but they don't know what they are, they can still talk to players in their faction.
The only roles that shouldn't be amnesiacced/cursed is the executioner and jester.
As their only goal in their life is to get lynched/lynch a certain person, something very hard to make a person forget. (it also shakes the game up a little bit)

the rolelist could look something a little like this:

1. Jailor
2. Mayor
3. Investigator
4. Veteran
5. Lookout
6. Doctor
7. Transporter
8. Town Support
9. Random Town

10. Godfather
11. Janitor
12. Random Mafia

13. Witch
14. Jester
15. Executioner

This gamemode is centered around the investigator, so I would assume that once an investigator realizes they are an investigator, they would call for tp/lo.
...But who's the tp and the lookout?

I was questioning if there could be a mechanic ingame that gives you 1 choice at what your role is.
And if you guess your role correctly, You get your rolecard back. Also, you get put into a new faction called "The Remembered".
This faction would win the game with their own faction (i.e. Town, Mafia, etc.), but they would also win the game with "The Remembered".
This is kind of a rip off of Lovers Mode for coven, but it's also very different.

Just a thought :)
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Re: very cool gamemode that doesn't ripoff lovers at all lol

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:52 pm

Yeah I've suggested this kind of thing before, I called it something like fog? Where nobody knows what they are, but it's kind of a swingy mechanic so it was shut down.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: very cool gamemode that doesn't ripoff lovers at all lol

Postby RealZippyK » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:41 am

Oh alright. Yeah, I thought that a gamemode that revolves around you trying to figure out who you are could be a fun twist to Town of Salem. Glad to hear that people have had the same ideas.
RealZippyK
Lookout
Lookout

Return to Suggestions