TP achievement reveals info

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

TP achievement reveals info

Postby SpinningSpence » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:56 am

The Transporter Achievement "Stop hittin' yourself" should only be given when the person that attacked you was killed. A godfather attacked me, but I TP'd myself and him by chance. Once I got the achievement and he was not dead, I knew he was Godfather.
SpinningSpence

Re: TP achievement reveals info

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 am

Or maybe achievements should only be shown once a game ends, stops the "Finding x" achievements for TI etc outting a person as an exact role. Would solve this issue
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby PterryDactyl » Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:55 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Or maybe achievements should only be shown once a game ends, stops the "Finding x" achievements for TI etc outting a person as an exact role. Would solve this issue

100% agree.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby PolyesterHomes » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 pm

No objections to Jackson's proposal here.
"Whisper in the dark. The battle may yet be won."
PolyesterHomes
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:45 pm

Honestly I've seen this come up several times...and I'm surprised that achievements are still not taken out until the end or hidden.
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:56 am

Cataracts wrote:Honestly I've seen this come up several times...and I'm surprised that achievements are still not taken out until the end or hidden.

I saw someone say, it doesnt affect that many games, so the work it will take vs the amount of games its a problem in, was weighed up and the result was ''who gives a rats''
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:16 am

kyuss420 wrote:
Cataracts wrote:Honestly I've seen this come up several times...and I'm surprised that achievements are still not taken out until the end or hidden.

I saw someone say, it doesnt affect that many games, so the work it will take vs the amount of games its a problem in, was weighed up and the result was ''who gives a rats''

Steam achievements get passed when the end of the game, why can't ToS in general? it is a simple fix that wouldn't even take that long to implement.
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mikemk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:58 pm

It's already been done in the Unity port of the game. They're not going to do it on the flash version because that's getting abandoned and they're focused on Unity.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:11 pm

Mikemk wrote:It's already been done in the Unity port of the game. They're not going to do it on the flash version because that's getting abandoned and they're focused on Unity.

The achievements at the end of the game not in the middle is done in the Unity port? This literally happened a few hours ago with the roleblocking yourself achievement while I was using the unity beta. So they haven't or that's a bug
Pronouns - They/Them

JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Mikemk » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:34 pm

I haven't tried the unity port yet. I think it was in a patch note a while back, I don't remember who said it was fixed in the unity port if I'm wrong, but it was on this forum.
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DocExer » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:15 pm

The Unity port has what we call "Shadow Achievements" (achievements that reveal info) that are hidden until the end of the game. If we've missed any that should be hidden, they can certainly be added to the list of shadow achievements. After reading the scenario by the OP, I've made a note to add the "Stop Hittin' Yourself" achievement to the shadow achievements list and this change will be reflected in an upcoming release.
DocExer
Developer
Developer

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:58 am

DocExer wrote:The Unity port has what we call "Shadow Achievements" (achievements that reveal info) that are hidden until the end of the game. If we've missed any that should be hidden, they can certainly be added to the list of shadow achievements. After reading the scenario by the OP, I've made a note to add the "Stop Hittin' Yourself" achievement to the shadow achievements list and this change will be reflected in an upcoming release.
Finally yesss
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby popkart » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:13 pm

Yea I can reflect. Imagine I'm playing my favorite role med and trying to seance a very trustworthy guy to give them info and they turn out to be a gf/sk/arso. BTW there's a lot of effort to be made to sort every "shadow achievement" out.
popkart
Jester
Jester

Postby BlastingOff » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 pm

DocExer wrote:The Unity port has what we call "Shadow Achievements" (achievements that reveal info) that are hidden until the end of the game. If we've missed any that should be hidden, they can certainly be added to the list of shadow achievements. After reading the scenario by the OP, I've made a note to add the "Stop Hittin' Yourself" achievement to the shadow achievements list and this change will be reflected in an upcoming release.

What is the reason behind not just making every chieve a shadow chieve? So many of them reveal something they shouldn't that it'd be probs be easier to just make everything hidden until the game ends.
BlastingOff
Medium
Medium

Postby Transcender » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:17 pm

popkart wrote:Yea I can reflect. Imagine I'm playing my favorite role med and trying to seance a very trustworthy guy to give them info and they turn out to be a gf/sk/arso. BTW there's a lot of effort to be made to sort every "shadow achievement" out.

yeah, theres alot of em
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby DragonClaw66 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:28 pm

BlastingOff wrote:

What is the reason behind not just making every chieve a shadow chieve? So many of them reveal something they shouldn't that it'd be probs be easier to just make everything hidden until the game ends.

shapesifter13 wrote:Certain players like the feeling of something happening and getting an achievement in real time.

This quote is from here.

I still think it's pretty redundant to hide only a few achievements rather than all of them; players can have their "feel-good" moment at the end of the game.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby Mikemk » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:48 pm

BlastingOff wrote:

If you DC, you still keep the achievement, and get it on Steam. IDK if shadow achievements do
Mikemk
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Transcender » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:45 am

Mikemk wrote:
BlastingOff wrote:

If you DC, you still keep the achievement, and get it on Steam. IDK if shadow achievements do

if you disconnect, thats your problem imo
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Return to Suggestions