Improve penalty on leave - ranked practice

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Improve penalty on leave - ranked practice

Postby Thunderoux » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:59 pm

Hey!

I love playing the town of salem and doing it daily. However, I have come across a lot of games (almost every game actually) in ranked practice where the mafia always leaves. It is never a game where at least one mafia leave so the game is over within 3 days. So I wonder if it is possible to improve the system for this scenario?

Examples of solutions would be that you can't join your new game until what you left is over. To prevent those with bad internet, you may see it through your fingers once or twice, but then it will be a cooldown to join just like when you click on the leave button. Too many people use refresh to avoid the cooldown which makes the game so much more boring. It is no longer fun to play mafia since I already know that I lost from d1 due to one team member leaving and that he can just start a new game without any penalty.
Thunderoux

Re: Improve penalty on leave - ranked practice

Postby ProvidenceAve » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm

If leavers are a prob, not sure ranked practice is the queue for you, once you get thru games needed for ranked go there because there are a bit less leavers. I like the idea of an automatic cooldown if you leave a game early but only if you are still alive.
ProvidenceAve
Jester
Jester

Postby James2 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Thunderoux wrote:Examples of solutions would be that you can't join your new game until what you left is over.

This has been suggested for at least two years. BMG has been promising a "leaver buster" of some unspecified nature for at least four years. We should expect the world to end before they actually do anything.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Thunderoux » Sun Oct 06, 2019 2:23 pm

I dont really have a problem with it, but most of the games: 1 leave then a second and then a third, eventuelly all maffia left before night 3. How is it supposed to be a ranked practise if there is no maffia to play against? There should at least be some kind of punshment that prevents the players to start a new game before they dies in another. At least they have to play and the town will somehow learn something instead of just winning because no evils are left.
Thunderoux

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 pm

Until the leaver buster is implemented, you just have to put up with it until you get to ranked.
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions