Framer can frame mafia

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Framer can frame mafia

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:21 am

Okay, I know how this sounds initially. I wouldn't be surprised if its previously been brought up and shot down, but...

What if framer could frame mafia? Or even just godfather?

Think about it... there are actual strategic last-second situations in which this could work. I only play classic, so maybe that's why this seems like a good idea, but..

It would be a strategic situation where framer would have to decide: is it worth covering as a jester, or is it gonna make the gf sus? Or could it throw off town more?

Anyways, I think it would be interesting to play with invest results like that I dunno.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby JacksonVirgo » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:39 am

Mafia visiting other mafia can throw off Spies as well. Framing another mafia can help in a lot of situations, but again it also could be completely useless in others.
I am all for this, for the sole reason that Mafia could visit other Mafia members to throw off spies, not for the frame portion of it.

And yeah, it's been suggested before :)
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 3-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (Neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (Citizen) - Win
19E - Cordelia (Janitor) - Win
Last updated 16.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:37 pm

Framing the Godfather sounds like a borderline gamethrow to me, but letting the Framer visit the other mafia members sounds like purely a good thing (albeit minor).
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:50 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Mafia visiting other mafia can throw off Spies as well. Framing another mafia can help in a lot of situations, but again it also could be completely useless in others.
I am all for this, for the sole reason that Mafia could visit other Mafia members to throw off spies, not for the frame portion of it.

And yeah, it's been suggested before :)



Ooh I didnt even think of the spies honestly haha.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:52 pm

Brilliand wrote:Framing the Godfather sounds like a borderline gamethrow to me, but letting the Framer visit the other mafia members sounds like purely a good thing (albeit minor).



I guess I was thinking more in the sense of invest results, yannow? Then its a question: is it worth risking a 'sus' rating to make gf look like they arent gf, or no?
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:19 am

Cataracts wrote:
Brilliand wrote:Framing the Godfather sounds like a borderline gamethrow to me, but letting the Framer visit the other mafia members sounds like purely a good thing (albeit minor).



I guess I was thinking more in the sense of invest results, yannow? Then its a question: is it worth risking a 'sus' rating to make gf look like they arent gf, or no?

The invest results won't do much in a game, it's very situational at best. It would require an Investigator being in game to begin with (which is not exactly a thing you should bet on).

Framer should be able to mess with all Town Investigative roles. Which includes Investigator, Sheriff, Psychic etc. Perhaps if framer can make their targets appear as evil to a Psychic or make their framed targets appear as Framer to a Potion Master's reveal it would be better. For the Psychic change, it would make it a lot less powerful towards evils as long as the evil has a strong claim as they can claim they were framed. If that is the case, it'd give a reason to Frame other members of the Mafia and/or Town and would give more situations where it'd be useful.

Thoughts?
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 3-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (Neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (Citizen) - Win
19E - Cordelia (Janitor) - Win
Last updated 16.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby Brilliand » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:43 pm

JacksonVirgo wrote:Framer should be able to mess with all Town Investigative roles. Which includes Investigator, Sheriff, Psychic etc. Perhaps if framer can make their targets appear as evil to a Psychic or make their framed targets appear as Framer to a Potion Master's reveal it would be better. For the Psychic change, it would make it a lot less powerful towards evils as long as the evil has a strong claim as they can claim they were framed. If that is the case, it'd give a reason to Frame other members of the Mafia and/or Town and would give more situations where it'd be useful.

Thoughts?


That idea to nerf the Psychic is good, though I'm not sure we should be focusing on it since it's a Coven role.
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:21 am

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Framer should be able to mess with all Town Investigative roles. Which includes Investigator, Sheriff, Psychic etc. Perhaps if framer can make their targets appear as evil to a Psychic or make their framed targets appear as Framer to a Potion Master's reveal it would be better. For the Psychic change, it would make it a lot less powerful towards evils as long as the evil has a strong claim as they can claim they were framed. If that is the case, it'd give a reason to Frame other members of the Mafia and/or Town and would give more situations where it'd be useful.

Thoughts?


That idea to nerf the Psychic is good, though I'm not sure we should be focusing on it since it's a Coven role.




Prays this is implemented.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby JacksonVirgo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:28 am

Also, to make the framer affect all Town Investigative roles, maybe framed targets appear to visit the kill to Lookouts and Trackers? That might be too powerful, but god knows Framer needs a buff.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 3-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (Neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (Citizen) - Win
19E - Cordelia (Janitor) - Win
Last updated 16.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:00 am

Brilliand wrote:
JacksonVirgo wrote:Framer should be able to mess with all Town Investigative roles. Which includes Investigator, Sheriff, Psychic etc. Perhaps if framer can make their targets appear as evil to a Psychic or make their framed targets appear as Framer to a Potion Master's reveal it would be better. For the Psychic change, it would make it a lot less powerful towards evils as long as the evil has a strong claim as they can claim they were framed. If that is the case, it'd give a reason to Frame other members of the Mafia and/or Town and would give more situations where it'd be useful.

Thoughts?


That idea to nerf the Psychic is good, though I'm not sure we should be focusing on it since it's a Coven role.


nerfing psy not neccessary. It slows down covens KPN ratio
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
User avatar
kyuss420
Jailor
Jailor
 
Posts: 717
Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:33 am
Location: Im here

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby Brilliand » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:18 am

kyuss420 wrote:nerfing psy not neccessary. It slows down covens KPN ratio


How does it do that?

Also doesn't that make it overpowered vs. the Mafia?
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Framer can frame mafia

Postby JacksonVirgo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:57 am

kyuss420 wrote:nerfing psy not neccessary. It slows down covens KPN ratio

Though it also is strong against Mafia/NKs/NCs and other evil roles which don't have a massive KPN ratio.
Juuuust realise Brilliand said the exact same thing.
My Role Ideas
Unique Neutral Roles thread
Jester Rework

Global FM Record Spreadsheet
On-site Record: 3-0-0
SFM65 - Nora Valkyrie (Neighbourhood) - Win
VFM60 - Sol (Citizen) - Win
19E - Cordelia (Janitor) - Win
Last updated 16.12.19 AEST
User avatar
JacksonVirgo
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 351
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:00 am
Location: Australia (AEST)


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests