Trial judge rule implementation

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Trial judge rule implementation

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:09 am

The other day I played with a seriously toxic piece of shit...and they claimed that because they are trial judge they wouldnt get guiltied.

I propose the following two things:

1) allow reports of users justifying their bad behaviour as such to be brought to someone's attention
2) make a rule where if a judge is guiltied, then they are banned from serving on the trial for a certain amount of time, and/or knock down their score.

These people should be held at a higher standard, not allowed to act out.

Just a suggestion..
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:30 am

They were probably lying about being a trial judge. I wouldn't worry about the people who do that (actually, I'd probably try reporting them for "BMG impersonation", although I think that technically doesn't apply).

Even if they ARE a trial judge, they probably can't guarantee to hide their own reports from other judges (and even if they do, there's probably a way to prove the report using the trial discord).
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:37 am

Brilliand wrote:They were probably lying about being a trial judge. I wouldn't worry about the people who do that (actually, I'd probably try reporting them for "BMG impersonation", although I think that technically doesn't apply).

Even if they ARE a trial judge, they probably can't guarantee to hide their own reports from other judges (and even if they do, there's probably a way to prove the report using the trial discord).



Yeah I know..its just like..if it is, THAT is who is running trial system yannow.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Meteorite21 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:40 am

Nobody is above suspensions, if a Judge breaks a rule then they would get suspended as well I think
there are two rules in life

first rule and second rule
User avatar
Meteorite21
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:44 am
Location: Somewhere I'm interested

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Flavorable » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:02 am

It wasn't a Trial Judge.
And yes, claiming to have any powers as a Judge or Mod (i.e. "I will ban you") is Impersonating a BMG employee.

And last but not least: As Meteorite said: nobody is above suspensions. Not Judges, not Mods, not Admins.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:21 am

Flavorable wrote:It wasn't a Trial Judge.
And yes, claiming to have any powers as a Judge or Mod (i.e. "I will ban you") is Impersonating a BMG employee.

And last but not least: As Meteorite said: nobody is above suspensions. Not Judges, not Mods, not Admins.



I just want to make it clear, I wasn't told I was gonna be banned (to my memory). I also know that the judge system is more or less "open", so you can register online or something. Its possible, haha.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Brilliand » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Flavorable wrote:And yes, claiming to have any powers as a Judge or Mod (i.e. "I will ban you") is Impersonating a BMG employee.


Question: Are the actual trial judges allowed to reveal who they are in-game, or is it guilty for "impersonating" even if it's true?

Cataracts wrote:I just want to make it clear, I wasn't told I was gonna be banned (to my memory). I also know that the judge system is more or less "open", so you can register online or something. Its possible, haha.


Anyone can become a trial Juror with very little effort. Jurors have very little power - just one vote that can easily be outweighed by the multitude of other jurors.

Trial judges are far fewer; that's a trusted position that gets manually assigned to people, much like "Moderator".
My best role ideas:
Conqueror
Apocalypse Survivor
Brilliand
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 383
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:34 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Flavorable » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:03 pm

Brilliand wrote:
Flavorable wrote:And yes, claiming to have any powers as a Judge or Mod (i.e. "I will ban you") is Impersonating a BMG employee.


Question: Are the actual trial judges allowed to reveal who they are in-game, or is it guilty for "impersonating" even if it's true?

Cataracts wrote:I just want to make it clear, I wasn't told I was gonna be banned (to my memory). I also know that the judge system is more or less "open", so you can register online or something. Its possible, haha.


Anyone can become a trial Juror with very little effort. Jurors have very little power - just one vote that can easily be outweighed by the multitude of other jurors.

Trial judges are far fewer; that's a trusted position that gets manually assigned to people, much like "Moderator".


As for your question: Yes, they're allowed to reveal who they are ingame. If people aren't sure if they're an actual Trial Judge, they can report them for Impersonation and it will then be handled internally.
Steam ToS Moderator and Bug Report buttinsky.
Image
User avatar
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 3404
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby PterryDactyl » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Flavorable wrote:Anyone can become a trial Juror with very little effort. Jurors have very little power - just one vote that can easily be outweighed by the multitude of other jurors.

Trial judges are far fewer; that's a trusted position that gets manually assigned to people, much like "Moderator".


As for your question: Yes, they're allowed to reveal who they are ingame. If people aren't sure if they're an actual Trial Judge, they can report them for Impersonation and it will then be handled internally.[/quote]


Okay. Yeah I know you're aware of the incident i'm referring to, and I did go back to make sure that it was "judge" and not "juror"...I'm not sure if its a mistaking of "I got the title wrong" (like I did in wondering if that even counts since anyone can be a juror) or what.
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby James2 » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:56 am

Brilliand wrote:Trial judges are far fewer; that's a trusted position that gets manually assigned to people, much like "Moderator".


Indeed. And as anyone whose been here for a year or so knows, BMG applies the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity in selecting trial judges.
James2
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1313
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:53 am

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Google » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:05 am

James2 wrote:
Brilliand wrote:Trial judges are far fewer; that's a trusted position that gets manually assigned to people, much like "Moderator".


Indeed. And as anyone whose been here for a year or so knows, BMG applies the highest standards of honesty and personal integrity in selecting trial judges.

thank you james2, very cool
Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart Wii "Professional" mainly known for being shit at mafia.

ö  ö

User avatar
Google
Disguiser
Disguiser
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:44 pm

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:40 pm

Because untrained users should be incharge of reports.
Burgers and kings
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 502
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Trial judge rule implementation

Postby PterryDactyl » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Because untrained users should be incharge of reports.




of course why not
User avatar
PterryDactyl
Transporter
Transporter
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:18 pm


Return to Suggestions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests