Chasing your tails

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Chasing your tails

Postby SpewU2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:56 pm

I just saw this Mannequin guy get banned from another game(most likely not his account) Why not reset every password and have everyone get thier new one from their email. At least he wouldn't be able to screw over other players.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Re: Chasing your tails

Postby SpewU2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:14 pm

I am appealing to BlankMedia to do something about this guy that is jumping from account to account getting people banned.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Jerme » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:53 pm

This is not the correct forum to post that in.
I''ll be moving this to Suggestions, despite this already being talked about nad has also been partially done.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpewU2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:10 pm

Partially done??? Yeah, one banned inno person at a time.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Postby JacksonVirgo » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:24 pm

Literally did not know that guy has been using other peoples account... I feel absolutely terrible now for reporting them... big oof
Pronouns - They/Them

On-site FM Record: 11-0-11
Spoiler: Latest Town Game: VFM75 - Citizen - Win
Latest Scum Game: SFM79 - Coroner - Win
Latest Neutral Game: SFM72 - Failed Assassin - Win
Last updated 02.12.20 AEST
JacksonVirgo
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:40 pm

SpewU2 wrote:Partially done??? Yeah, one banned inno person at a time.

No, as in accounts were reset, if you want to be smart about it.

The partial bit Jerme was referring to was the fact not all were reset. Only a portion.

You act as if we have any control over this.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SpewU2 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:04 pm

You are right. You don't seem to have any control over it. The only one that seems in control is Mannequin. Maybe you guys should hire him.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:41 pm

SpewU2 wrote:You are right. You don't seem to have any control over it. The only one that seems in control is Mannequin. Maybe you guys should hire him.

We're not developers. We can't do anything other than ban him. If you'd like to complain, do so to the developers;
info@blankmediagames.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Flavorable » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:59 pm

The thing is, though, that again people felt that it was not necessary to change their passwords. These issues of accounts getting hacked would be prevented and stopped so much quicker if people would start taking the security of their accounts seriously.

And now don't get me wrong, the data breach happening was absolutely preventable, but people were informed. And then before the summer, when Ranked accounts started getting hacked and banned, we again spread the word.

The majority of accounts, at this point, has already changed their password at least once, so it'd be a ridiculous amount of work to have everyone reset their password again.

Maybe this, again, is a good lesson for people to spend some time being more vigilant about their account security and checking e-mails by companies people have a registered account with.

JacksonVirgo wrote:Literally did not know that guy has been using other peoples account... I feel absolutely terrible now for reporting them... big oof
No need to feel terrible, if they change their password and post an appeal, they will get unbanned.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:29 am

But there are some people who can’t change their passwords, as they don’t have an email attached to their account. Before the data breach you could make an account without an email, and people to this day use disposable emails to sign up for things. If they tried to change their password, they’d have a password reset link emailed to an address that doesn’t exist. So it’s a little unfair to say that this happening to them is a “lesson” in doing something they could not do. These are the people who need the help with a password reset and/or alternate security measures besides the email.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Flavorable » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:16 am

MysticMismagius wrote:But there are some people who can’t change their passwords, as they don’t have an email attached to their account. Before the data breach you could make an account without an email, and people to this day use disposable emails to sign up for things. If they tried to change their password, they’d have a password reset link emailed to an address that doesn’t exist. So it’s a little unfair to say that this happening to them is a “lesson” in doing something they could not do. These are the people who need the help with a password reset and/or alternate security measures besides the email.

I agree those people need help. Which is exactly why those people should contact TurdPile or the Devs to help with that.

And yes, other people use disposable e-mails, which is a risk in and of itself.
Am I saying those people are all to blame? No. But am I saying it could have been prevented? Definitely.

As for the Mods, all we can do is ban the accounts and hope people contact us, but besides that, it's up to the Devs.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpewU2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:18 am

To add to the last post, some people are just not email people. They only use email as a means to an end. They have it because it is needed to sing up for thing and verify but only check it when they are expecting something. The inbox so full of crap that it isn't worth going through in the hopes that BlankMedia sent me a love letter. There are obviously a good percentage of your players that are like this as I literally saw him get banned at the beginning of a game yesterday and he was in my next game as a gold skin. You want to say that you sent out emails so you did what you could. Meanwhile, he is still ruining games and getting players banned. You complain about the amount of work a mass reset would take but are you are spending a massive amount of time chasing this guy and then fixing his damage. Passing the blame for this guy still doing this to those who don't check their email does not make a trolled game any more enjoyable for those that choose to spend some of their free time in your game. It just makes you feel better to say that you did what you could.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:22 am

SpewU2 wrote:To add to the last post, some people are just not email people. They only use email as a means to an end. They have it because it is needed to sing up for thing and verify but only check it when they are expecting something. The inbox so full of crap that it isn't worth going through in the hopes that BlankMedia sent me a love letter. There are obviously a good percentage of your players that are like this as I literally saw him get banned at the beginning of a game yesterday and he was in my next game as a gold skin. You want to say that you sent out emails so you did what you could. Meanwhile, he is still ruining games and getting players banned. You complain about the amount of work a mass reset would take but are you are spending a massive amount of time chasing this guy and then fixing his damage. Passing the blame for this guy still doing this to those who don't check their email does not make a trolled game any more enjoyable for those that choose to spend some of their free time in your game. It just makes you feel better to say that you did what you could.

No, I am telling you that we as Mods literally did all we could. The only ones who can do anything more is the Devs. And while I can understand it's absolutely frustrating to have this person in your games, this is all we can do, we have no other options as Mods. Anything beyond that is Dev-territory. So feel free to try and explain it to them as well via their e-mailaddress (info@blankmediagames.com), because then maybe they will listen and do something.

Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby SpewU2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:43 am

The problem here is that you see yourself as separate from the Devs but we the players just see BlankMedia. We can't contact the Devs directly; we contact them through you.
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:08 am

SpewU2 wrote:The problem here is that you see yourself as separate from the Devs but we the players just see BlankMedia. We can't contact the Devs directly; we contact them through you.

..That's what the email is for? We can hardly contact the devs ourselves. :roll:

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby SpewU2 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:34 pm

Wait....you mean you have no contact with the Devs?? That means that the suggestions we make don't go to the actual people that could implement them. That is good to know. As for the contacting issue, if there was just some other way to make sure people got the info. I will be sure to look for updates, patch notes, and season info in my email. I am not annoyed that there was a breach, regardless of whether it could have been prevented. Mistakes happen. I am annoyed by BlankMedias response to the breach. You(the company) decided to do the easiest thing(send an email) and blame anyone that didn't read it. "Oh well, we did something."
SpewU2
Survivor
Survivor

Return to Suggestions