Don't show if some one left the game while dead.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Is this a good suggestion?

Yes
52%
No
48%

Total votes : 21

Don't show if some one left the game while dead.

Postby TheWinner2015 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:52 pm

So why is this a Problem?

1: If someone is evil (maybe the last evil) And they get jailed at night, or put up on the stand, then judging by the people who leave the game, it's pretty easy to tell if someone is evil or not.
    2: It's unnecessary and can clog up the chat with unneeded information
    3: It gives the town too much information (If someone left but the "medium" claims they know their role when they were cleaned, then they can get called out for it, for one)

You could easily fix this by just not letting anyone (not even dead people) see who left the game while dead, so that it won't become any problem

Edit #1: Only DEAD players will not be seen leaving. Living players will still be seen as normal
Last edited by TheWinner2015 on Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheWinner2015
Witch
Witch

Re: Don't show if some one left the game while dead.

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:25 am

or just dont be a noob, and leave when your last team mate is voted up, unless town has stated some clear logic as to why they are voting
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby DragonClaw66 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:39 am

kyuss420 wrote:or just dont be a noob, and leave when your last team mate is voted up, unless town has stated some clear logic as to why they are voting

That's not exactly something that somebody can control; you can't decide whether or not your teammate leaves while you're on the stand.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:54 am

You need to know when someone leaves while dead for retributionist. If the ret claim says they haven't revived yet because every dead townie left the game, people need to be able to verify this.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Duckferno » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:You need to know when someone leaves while dead for retributionist. If the ret claim says they haven't revived yet because every dead townie left the game, people need to be able to verify this.

Yep, therefore the suggestion is useless. Because you're on the stand and one of you dead team mates leave the game, doesn't necessarily mean you're with that person, vice versa.
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:12 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:You need to know when someone leaves while dead for retributionist. If the ret claim says they haven't revived yet because every dead townie left the game, people need to be able to verify this.

Not being able to verify this would be a nerf for the Retributionist.

Given the current state of the game, doing things that make the Retributionist weaker is OK.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:25 pm

Brilliand wrote:

Not being able to verify this would be a nerf for the Retributionist.

Given the current state of the game, doing things that make the Retributionist weaker is OK.

But this can work the other way though. Someone pretending to be ret can also use this as an excuse if every dead townie has left.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:59 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:But this can work the other way though. Someone pretending to be ret can also use this as an excuse if every dead townie has left.

Exactly. That's another way of nerfing the Retributionist: Make it an easy evil claim.

It's important that the game give the evils lots of excuses anyway; if the evils don't have excuses to back up their lies, then they'll always lose, and that's no fair.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Duckferno » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:19 pm

Why not just the retributionist not see who left. So if they revive someone who left or isn't town, they commit suicide the next day and that person isn't revived.

1. They would have to claim to ask who left or not. - This gives evils advantage(in coven) since ambusher can prevent their protections.
2. Once they claim they will probably be killed or role blocked by evils. - The excuse kicks in for this, saying you were role blocked.
3. The Revived person can't talk for a night. - So they don't rat out the evils right away, since that too powerful.

This would be a better way to nerf Retributionist.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Brilliand » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 pm

Duckferno wrote:1. They would have to claim to ask who left or not. - This gives evils advantage(in coven) since ambusher can prevent their protections.

No they wouldn't. There would just be a meta of people announcing each leave as it happens, just in case there's a retributionist.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Algus » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:28 pm

In general, no support.

if they're a faction member [vamp/mafia/coven] yes, but make it visible to their own team
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby TheWinner2015 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:45 pm

So, you don't like it because it nerfs the retributionist, an already broken role IMO.

Even if you made it to where the informed minority gets to see whether their teammates leave or not, it is still irrelevant information to the person.
TheWinner2015
Witch
Witch

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:02 am

DragonClaw66 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:or just dont be a noob, and leave when your last team mate is voted up, unless town has stated some clear logic as to why they are voting

That's not exactly something that somebody can control; you can't decide whether or not your teammate leaves while you're on the stand.

getting pros on your team is also out of your control. Team mates playing their own game is also out of your control.

As I said, if you have a team mate that leaves when/because you were voted up, chances are you were in a losing position from day 1, having had that type of player on your team
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby TheWinner2015 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 am

kyuss420 wrote:
DragonClaw66 wrote:

getting pros on your team is also out of your control. Team mates playing their own game is also out of your control.

As I said, if you have a team mate that leaves when/because you were voted up, chances are you were in a losing position from day 1, having had that type of player on your team

If they died Day 1, when they have free choice of leaving.
TheWinner2015
Witch
Witch

Postby Duckferno » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:21 am

1: If someone is evil (maybe the last evil) And they get jailed at night, or put up on the stand, then judging by the people who leave the game, it's pretty easy to tell if someone is evil or not.

-This is all about someone who got upset that they were lynched because their team mate left the game while he was on the stand. That shouldn't signal anything, and it doesn't matter. It wont signal anything at all, if that's the town decision, it's not in your control. If that's the jailor decision they can check off on the death note where it says: "I am using my own discretion." Its not in your control but that still doesn't matter, so why make a solution for something that's unneeded and useless.

2: It's unnecessary and can clog up the chat with unneeded information

- If it's unnecessary, then why complain about it. And it doesn't clog up the chat, its literally one line.

3: It gives the town too much information (If someone left but the "medium" claims they know their role when they were cleaned, then they can get called out for it, for one)

- How would they know that person was telling the truth. Beside's it doesn't give too much information, and it also gives claim space for evils, such as janitor. Removing it would buff the town more.

This isn't a problem at all, this is the thread where someone wants people leaving not be visible. It's not about nerfing any roles. It's a stupid request because of one game where they lost, according to context.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:07 am

I am sort of neutral about this, but leaning towards "yes".

If a dead evil teammate leaves while an evil team member is on the stand, it is a HUGE signal that the person on the stand is evil. It would deeefinitely help to get rid of that meta which is always a good thing for evil roles.

On the other hand though I want more clarification.
What about people who leave while they're alive? What about the brackets that appear around someone's name when they leave while alive? Are all of those still the same? Because at the current moment, the only real scenarios I can think of to affect the game when this happens are:

A) When janitors can get a "free clean" from the leavers since they can't tell anyone their roles in the dead chat.
B) Vigilantes who shot town roles give up and leave the game right after revealing, and likely show they were a vigilante.

I understand the title suggests that it only applies for the dead chat, but when you mute "X player has left the game" for someone who's in the dead chat, then you should probably consider if the same suggestion could be applied to the live chat in some form.
I can't think of any effect right now, but maybe I am looking too much into it?
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:07 pm

Villagerlover wrote:I understand the title suggests that it only applies for the dead chat, but when you mute "X player has left the game" for someone who's in the dead chat, then you should probably consider if the same suggestion could be applied to the live chat in some form.

It has to be for dead players only, imo. Chat that happens in the day is actually important, so hiding whether a living player left could result in the jailor/vig killing someone who already left; or worse, fake AFK becoming a strong and effective evil strategy.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Voriki » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:01 am

Simple, do not show the message of players leaving during the voting round.
And only at end of nighttime(after for example jailor made their choice).

Anyone who leaves during voting round, their leaving message gets delayed until after voting round.
Anyone who leaves at night, their leaving message appears at the last moment of night, or in the morning.

EDIT: too bad it took my post 2 days to be approved.
I now voted on the poll NO, but I don't want to answer Yes or No, but I want a 3rd option=delay until start/end of night/day after actions have been performed.
While I can give my general opinion on any subject, I only have playing experience in Classic and Draculas Palace, non ranked.
Voriki
Witch
Witch

Postby SwampRabbit » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:13 am

I think this is an excellent idea. We talk in ranked games all the time about how dead mafia leaving when a live mafia is voted to the stand should be reportable as game throwing because it makes sure that the person on the stand gets voted guilty even if people were on the fence on how to vote. Anyone saying it does not impact how towns vote on a person on trial is simply lying. It matters 100%.

It would have the side benefit of nerfing the retri. I personally have no problem with the retri role. It has been in the game since the start, but most ranked players hate retri.

So to the poster who said this idea stems from one person losing one game, that is not true. Dead mafia leaving when a live mafia is voted up has been something ranked players have been complaining about since ranked began.
SwampRabbit
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Duckferno » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:25 pm

Voriki wrote:Simple, do not show the message of players leaving during the voting round.
And only at end of nighttime(after for example jailor made their choice).

Anyone who leaves during voting round, their leaving message gets delayed until after voting round.
Anyone who leaves at night, their leaving message appears at the last moment of night, or in the morning.

EDIT: too bad it took my post 2 days to be approved.
I now voted on the poll NO, but I don't want to answer Yes or No, but I want a 3rd option=delay until start/end of night/day after actions have been performed.

This is a better idea, you need to see who leaves but just don't have it show during this certain phase if it helps.

I think this is an excellent idea. We talk in ranked games all the time about how dead mafia leaving when a live mafia is voted to the stand should be reportable as game throwing because it makes sure that the person on the stand gets voted guilty even if people were on the fence on how to vote. Anyone saying it does not impact how towns vote on a person on trial is simply lying. It matters 100%.

It would have the side benefit of nerfing the retri. I personally have no problem with the retri role. It has been in the game since the start, but most ranked players hate retri.

So to the poster who said this idea stems from one person losing one game, that is not true. Dead mafia leaving when a live mafia is voted up has been something ranked players have been complaining about since ranked began.

But then it could be used to throw people off and that's like taunting medusa as a dead player. You're just going to give evils more and more advantages. Never heard of anyone say "lYnch beCause the deaD guy lEft!!", they all just guilty, so you really can't be certain.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Brilliand » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:50 pm

Duckferno wrote:You're just going to give evils more and more advantages.

They need the help, in upper Ranked at least.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Duckferno » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:22 pm

They don't though, it's easy to win. Just use your brain.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Return to Suggestions