Re-connection System

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Re-connection System

Postby Duckferno » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:08 pm

I've said this in another thread but, would it be possible to add a system so when you leave or disconnect on accident or something, you are able to reconnect? If so, I have some suggestions:

- When you leave/disconnect you would still be alive in the game and players will be able to lynch/kill you, etc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
- It would clearly show that you disconnected so other players are aware.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
- It wont reveal your role, but you wont be able to perform your abilities till you reconnect.
- After three days, it would say you committed suicide if you haven't joined back yet.

Thanks, please give some feedback.
The Duck has Spoken. Please move Along Now.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Re: Re-connection System

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:38 pm

This is a good design for the reconnection system.

I know the devs already have plans for a reconnection system, and I imagine they're able to come up with something like this without any help; it's a pretty obvious design.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Duckferno » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Yeah, I knew they had plans, just some suggestions.

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby mzann1 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:15 pm

sounds good to me, we'll see what devs do

mzann1
Transporter
Transporter

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:00 pm

As long as Pirate can select people who are disconnected for easy kills, I support this.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:32 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:As long as Pirate can select people who are disconnected for easy kills, I support this.

Giving the pirate freebies like that isn't exactly a good thing.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Brilliand wrote:
PleaseReadSiege wrote:As long as Pirate can select people who are disconnected for easy kills, I support this.

So other roles can select people who have disconnected, but Pirate can't? That doesn't sound good either.
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby Brilliand » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:25 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

So other roles can select people who have disconnected, but Pirate can't? That doesn't sound good either.

True. I'm just saying, if a change happens to take away the pirate's source of easy kills (as a side effect), that's no reason to object.

Pirate didn't need to be brought up here.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Duckferno » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:18 pm

I rather keep pirate the way they are, if a person doesn't choose which action to use when pirated then it should pick randomly for them. (If it's like that.)

psydukkk
Duckferno
Spy
Spy

Postby Brilliand » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Duckferno wrote:I rather keep pirate the way they are, if a person doesn't choose which action to use when pirated then it should pick randomly for them. (If it's like that.)

Actually, if a person doesn't choose which action to use, it always picks the same action (the leftmost action).

...and, according to the wiki, a pirate can't duel a player who has left the game, under the current implementation.

Having the game pick randomly for absent players sounds like a better idea, though.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Return to Suggestions