Hackers' Paradise Prevention

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Hackers' Paradise Prevention

Postby GeniusWind » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am

Since there are more and more inactive accounts the "hacker" is using to serially abuse the rules (after they ran out of high elo players who haven't changed password, they're now using lower elo inactive players with in-game-names of well-known players), the devs should be notified and requested to just temporarily freeze all ToS accounts until they update their password. This is a common protocol and not hard to design.

For convenience, force the password reset on people who haven't changed their passwords since the data breach.
Dislike: Passive 50 IQ low elo trash punks, eZ

Stats: Spoiler: Legacy Season: Silver ELO (hiatus after a week from season beginning; played months during prelegacy)
Season 3: ~2700 ELO [~ 52.8%]
Season 4: 3115 ELO [28.6% to 58%(max) ~ 54.5%]

----------------Subscribe to https://youtube.com/user/Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
GeniusWind

Re: Hackers' Paradise Prevention

Postby MaskedPokerFace » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:21 am

Can they prepare a randomizer to reset passwords for everyone and send passwords as email?? and does it work?
MaskedPokerFace
Jailor
Jailor

Postby GeniusWind » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:53 pm

MaskedPokerFace wrote:Can they prepare a randomizer to reset passwords for everyone and send passwords as email?? and does it work?

I doubt they'll do what you suggested, but tell it to them and they might 8-)

2ndSparkingJay wrote:I agree with your idea, I am one of the high ELO players whose account got banned. I received an email saying that I should contact TurdPile to uplift the ban, however, I have not heard word from him as of yet. My account was called SparkingJayYT, if anyone an easier way to uplift a false ban then please let me know!

Currently, Turdpile is handling all cases one by one. You need to change your password first, then send an appeal in the appeal section with appropriate title etc. He'll check if you've changed your password before judging whether to grant appeal to you or not.

The purpose of my post was to discuss why an automated account lock with a password reset is low-effort and solves the current problem :roll:
Dislike: Passive 50 IQ low elo trash punks, eZ

Stats: Spoiler: Legacy Season: Silver ELO (hiatus after a week from season beginning; played months during prelegacy)
Season 3: ~2700 ELO [~ 52.8%]
Season 4: 3115 ELO [28.6% to 58%(max) ~ 54.5%]

----------------Subscribe to https://youtube.com/user/Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
GeniusWind

Postby Flavorable » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 pm

GeniusWind wrote:
MaskedPokerFace wrote:Can they prepare a randomizer to reset passwords for everyone and send passwords as email?? and does it work?

I doubt they'll do what you suggested, but tell it to them and they might 8-)

2ndSparkingJay wrote:I agree with your idea, I am one of the high ELO players whose account got banned. I received an email saying that I should contact TurdPile to uplift the ban, however, I have not heard word from him as of yet. My account was called SparkingJayYT, if anyone an easier way to uplift a false ban then please let me know!

Currently, Turdpile is handling all cases one by one. You need to change your password first, then send an appeal in the appeal section with appropriate title etc. He'll check if you've changed your password before judging whether to grant appeal to you or not.

The purpose of my post was to discuss why an automated account lock with a password reset is low-effort and solves the current problem :roll:

On a personal level, I agree with Wind (I'm surprised too, xD).

It's become clear that this needs a more hands-on approach from the Devs, because even though there is an element of personal responsibility, when a problem becomes this big, there needs to be some kind of intervention to prevent further problems, because it's hurting everyone at this point. Community, Trial, Mods, Judges, the whole shebang.

Disclaimer: These are my own personal opinions.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Suggestions