suggestion for people who break the rules and single player

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

suggestion for people who break the rules and single player

Postby killflamer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:47 am

I know that all of you admins and people looking at this have been attacked in some way because kids like to do dumb things
I know that I was banned for inappropriate usernames, and I made a mistake, but I think permanent banning doesn't solve the problem, but you can put them into games of people who only break the rules might make them stop for just a couple of days/games (I got banned and I bought this game so it feels useless just a waste of space) for saying offensive, doing offensive, or rude things there should be one game mode for people at least a certain age 15-16+ recommended to play and say offensive and rude jokes

I also believe that we should have single player where we can just play with a giant group of friends (I know it kind of takes away the magic of buying the cards but in the agreement later on you can just delete everyone's accounts and restart the whole game and we can't do anything about it). like lets say I have a big family (not a good example) we can all play together
killflamer
Jester
Jester

Re: suggestion for people who break the rules and single pla

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:58 am

killflamer wrote:I know that I was banned for inappropriate usernames, and I made a mistake, but I think permanent banning doesn't solve the problem, but you can put them into games of people who only break the rules might make them stop for just a couple of days/games (I got banned and I bought this game so it feels useless just a waste of space) for saying offensive, doing offensive, or rude things there should be one game mode for people at least a certain age 15-16+ recommended to play and say offensive and rude jokes

This is an interesting idea - have separate play areas for highly offensive people (who presumably are completely cool with each other), and polite people who can't handle the offensive environment.

However, that would take work on the part of the devs, and even if they could spare the man-hours to do it soon, it would be a bit of a social experiment. Has anyone else done something like this, so we have some way to judge how well it would turn out?

killflamer wrote:I also believe that we should have single player where we can just play with a giant group of friends (I know it kind of takes away the magic of buying the cards but in the agreement later on you can just delete everyone's accounts and restart the whole game and we can't do anything about it). like lets say I have a big family (not a good example) we can all play together

There is a Town of Salem party game (using physical cards). I don't think a single-player version of the computer-based version would work very well, since how would you gather everyone around one computer without them seeing each other's roles?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby killflamer » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:53 am

(i am lazy to figure out how to quote you in the yellow box thing)

Also for the special non-toxic environment game I would say just copy everything paste it so then there is family friendly and not family friendly then just click and you can go back to switch and have everything copied and pasted (sounds simple but its not might take atleast 6 days to a month I suppose)

So for "There is a Town of Salem party game (using physical cards). I don't think a single-player version of the computer-based version would work very well, since how would you gather everyone around one computer without them seeing each other's roles?" said briliand I am saying on multiple computers not on one computer (sorry i didn't specify), and just passing a code around
killflamer
Jester
Jester

Postby Villagerlover » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:35 am

I think the problem with giving rude/offensive people a lobby of their own is not that the toxic people can be around other toxic people. It's that they are still breaking rules and continuing to play the game which makes the game developers look bad. On top of this, these same players tend to make random reports to falsify claims and waste judges time on real reports.
The reason this sort of "toxic people only" lobby doesn't work for this game is because you're giving people a platform to chat on which is flat out inappropriate. The only real places you would tend to see this same concept is on online fighting games. (Where the players usually cannot directly chat to each other, and instead, do something stupid like T-bagging).

Besides, there's no reason to harass others or use vulgar language in this game. Just stick to the rules plain and simple. If you do something inappropriate and it gets you suspended/banned, then the game is directly telling you that you do not deserve to come back to the game. Since town of salem is now pay-to-play, there are real-life consequences for getting banned which I think is perfectly suitable.

Playing town of salem is a privilege, not a right.
If you feel you were banned unfairly, just use the appeals section and explain yourself there.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby killflamer » Thu May 07, 2020 12:26 am

I think I now agree with you I think I just got a bit carried away and wanted to make a dumb little joke I know with like 100% certainty I won’t get unbanned but I think I was being a bit selfish and just wanted to play this game more I guess though have fun and thank you I just think I was being a bit selfish and wanted to make some jokes that probably a lot of people won’t like
killflamer
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Thu May 07, 2020 12:58 am

KatiyaKramer wrote:It doesn't reflect well on the devs, or any company these days, to seemingly allow racists or pedophiles to continue to play games even if it's in their own separate games.

Apparently now it isn't okay to allow racists or pedophiles to play a fun game?

This is extending from "don't give these people a platform" to "punish these people in any way you can". Not really the business of a company to be doing that, imo.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby woahah » Thu May 07, 2020 4:37 am

if you break rules, that is your fault and you should be paying the extra money
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby JaguarJumps » Thu May 07, 2020 2:49 pm

I agree that permanent banning need only be done in certain cases, but sequestering people in their own game mode would not really work either. How do you decide which offenses belong there? Something like a name infraction should not be put in the same lobby with only gamethrowers, for example.
Booker T wrote:"Can you dig it? SUCKAAAAAA!!!!"

White Canary wrote:"Yeah? Well, even vigilantes have to pay their bills."

Citizen Steel wrote:"They beat him with the Care Bear Stare."

Moe Syzslak wrote:"They're heading for the old mill!""No we're not!""Let's head to the old mill anyway, get some cider.
JaguarJumps
Doctor
Doctor

Postby killflamer » Fri May 08, 2020 2:49 am

woahah wrote:if you break rules, that is your fault and you should be paying the extra money

To be fair I felt a connection with my account (which could be considered weird) and I did pay extra even though it was before the pay to play update because I loved the game

But I guess I should’ve reread the rules, I was just being a dummy
killflamer
Jester
Jester

Postby woahah » Fri May 08, 2020 5:10 am

JaguarJumps wrote:I agree that permanent banning need only be done in certain cases, but sequestering people in their own game mode would not really work either. How do you decide which offenses belong there? Something like a name infraction should not be put in the same lobby with only gamethrowers, for example.

personally I preferred the after one year you could get reappeal and it would be judged if you could go back to tos
woahah
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby killflamer » Fri May 08, 2020 11:47 am

I agree that being able to reappeal would be a great idea it will give them time to calm down I guess and sometimes after being banned your just really toxic so maybe giving some time would be great
killflamer
Jester
Jester

Postby James2 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:02 pm

Villagerlover wrote:I think the problem with giving rude/offensive people a lobby of their own is not that the toxic people can be around other toxic people. It's that they are still breaking rules and continuing to play the game which makes the game developers look bad.

BMG would only "look bad" to people who deliberately entered the "offensive" mode for the specific purpose of getting offended.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Brilliand » Sat May 16, 2020 2:11 pm

James2 wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:I think the problem with giving rude/offensive people a lobby of their own is not that the toxic people can be around other toxic people. It's that they are still breaking rules and continuing to play the game which makes the game developers look bad.

BMG would only "look bad" to people who deliberately entered the "offensive" mode for the specific purpose of getting offended.

I think the idea is that BMG would "look bad" for allowing offensive people to exist at all, whether or not they're bothering anyone else.

(This is of course a horrible attitude to take, but it's a pretty common one nonetheless.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby James2 » Sat May 16, 2020 7:38 pm

Brilliand wrote:
James2 wrote:

I think the idea is that BMG would "look bad" for allowing offensive people to exist at all, whether or not they're bothering anyone else.

(This is of course a horrible attitude to take, but it's a pretty common one nonetheless.)

Yeah. Orwell was about thirty years off, but he saw how the world was going.
James2
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Brilliand » Sun May 17, 2020 8:45 am

James2 wrote:Yeah. Orwell was about thirty years off, but he saw how the world was going.

We're still nowhere near what Orwell described.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby JaguarJumps » Sun May 17, 2020 4:02 pm

woahah wrote:personally I preferred the after one year you could get reappeal and it would be judged if you could go back to tos

Not a bad idea, but it does not work anymore because of the fact that no ban before a certain date can be appealed.

Moe Syzslak wrote:"They're heading for the old mill!""No we're not!""Let's head to the old mill anyway, get some cider.
JaguarJumps
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Transcender » Fri May 22, 2020 7:59 am

JaguarJumps wrote:
woahah wrote:personally I preferred the after one year you could get reappeal and it would be judged if you could go back to tos

Not a bad idea, but it does not work anymore because of the fact that no ban before a certain date can be appealed.

yeah they did that
i believe they shouldnt of
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby JaguarJumps » Fri May 22, 2020 10:49 am

I agree with you. But the argument is it is their game and there is nothing we can do about it.

JaguarJumps
Doctor
Doctor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat May 23, 2020 1:16 am

Descender wrote:
JaguarJumps wrote:

yeah they did that
i believe they shouldnt of

This was due to the compromised accounts from the breach being abused, so we made the decision to disallow bans prior to November 2018 from getting appealed.

Friendly reminder that the staff are the reason Appeals are still a thing. Developers don't support the appeal process.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions