VH kill Notification

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

VH kill Notification

Postby wakingfire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 am

Add a message that says you staked a vampire when you visit a vampire at night as VH instead of no message that way, allowing yourself to figure out if there's more than 1 VH or not in games like All Any or custom games.l
If you see a character named Knight wearing a crusader outfit with a horse, you've probably seen me.

I tend to like Vets, Jailors, Crusaders, Psychics, and Mayors as they tend to be powerful and easily confirmable roles.

wakingfire
Survivor
Survivor

Re: VH kill Notification

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:47 am

Support!
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wakingfire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:48 am

Really?
If you see a character named Knight wearing a crusader outfit with a horse, you've probably seen me.

I tend to like Vets, Jailors, Crusaders, Psychics, and Mayors as they tend to be powerful and easily confirmable roles.

wakingfire
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Flavorable » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:49 am

Absolutely.

Not just to check for multiple VHs, but also to see if you staked someone but they got healed, etc.

In my opinion, it's ridiculous that this is not a thing yet.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby wakingfire » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:52 am

I know, it's like, Did I kill them? Where they healed or are they not a vampire. It's a thing that's bugged me.

wakingfire
Survivor
Survivor

Postby DragonClaw66 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:33 am

I'd honestly be fine with this as long as the Vampire and Vampire Hunter are both changed in other ways so that the Vampire Hunter isn't so oppressive to the Vampire while being completely useless in other scenarios.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby RedHeadStepChild » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:08 am

Yes! I very much support this idea. This would also help in dealing with people sharing role information out of game. I had a game earlier where 2 siblings, being vamp and doc, and the vamp knew they were doc since day 1, i was the LO and got witched into someone who was a vamp who was visited by the VH and the Doc.

Its so furiating when a doc knowingly heals a vamp or other evil role knowing they're evil. Id consider that throwing.
If you have ever called me an Asshole, I thank you. I wear that title with Pride and Honor.

No matter how big of a troll you think you are, there is always someone out there that is a lot bigger of a troll than you.
RedHeadStepChild
Veteran
Veteran

Postby wakingfire » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 am

Yeah, that way you can make sure they're hanged that day or exed by the jailor. And report any doctors for purposely healing them.

wakingfire
Survivor
Survivor

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:56 am

I'm confused. I thought VH already had a kill message. I've seen "you staked a vampire!" come up before...
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby DragonClaw66 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:50 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:I'm confused. I thought VH already had a kill message. I've seen "you staked a vampire!" come up before...

I believe you receive a message if a Vampire visits you, but not the other way around.
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner

Postby noveiia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:40 am

It’s so weird to me every other killing/protective role gets a notification except VH. This should definitely be a thing!
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:44 am

noveiia wrote:It’s so weird to me every other killing/protective role gets a notification except VH. This should definitely be a thing!

That's not exactly true though. Vig, maf/GF, SK, PM...maybe others I'm missing do NOT, which may have influenced the decision to not include it from the beginning. That being said, this one does seem appropriate to add since you do get the message when visited by a vamp.

One thing to consider though: Should the VH get the message if they stake a vampire, but the vampire is healed by doc, protected by GA, etc?
PleaseReadSiege
Investigator
Investigator

Postby AlternativeAccount » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:04 am

I support this! Not sure why it isn't already a thing...
AlternativeAccount

Postby noveiia » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Those roles do get a message though.
Mafioso you get a message saying the Godfather has ordered you to kill his target (in GF game) for example.
And those ones are different as they know someone will likely die (unless Arso, SK, Jugg, Pestilence, etc.), but as a VH you have no idea if your target is going to die.
noveiia
Civilian
Civilian

Postby SpiritWolfLord » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:23 pm

Not to go against the grain, but I personally think it's better the way it is. VH becomes vig when all vamps are killed, and docs healing the vampire get a notification that their target was healed. All any is a special case, so I'll refer to Dracula's Palace. Vamps attack every night until they have less than 4, then they bite and have to wait 2 nights. If the vampires hit or get hit by the vh, they get staked. This is kind of like a more powerful vig/vet combined, which is balanced by the fact that the vampires can gain more vampires. If the town communicates like they should, then the vampires lose fairly easily. If doc messes up and heals a vampire that was staked, it's their job to inform the vh. If town isn't communicating, it's their own fault.
SpiritWolfLord
Transporter
Transporter

Postby MysticMismagius » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:55 pm

SpiritWolfLord wrote:If town isn't communicating, it's their own fault.
But it's not the Vampire Hunter's fault, which is the point of contention here. Since VH doesn't always attack when he visits, knowing whether or not he attacked someone that he visited is important information, and something he should logically know without having to ask someone.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Return to Suggestions