Increase the Required Games

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Increase the Required Games

Postby ruainn » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:31 am

Currently, 50 Classic games are required to play Ranked Practice (RP), and 10 RP games are required to play ranked. While, all game modes are toxic as fuck, ATM, due to the influx of kids, from the mobile app being free, just extend the requisite number of games to participate in these games.

I refuse to play RP and Ranked, solely, because the skill level is so low that people don't even understand the concept of Random Town (RT). We're not even talking about throw games, here...

I propose 250 Classic games, 50 RP games, before ranked. This solves 2 issues - 1) phantom accounts (people who join, then "afk") and 2) banned users who just want to troll (way too easy to get 60 games played). This could also be offset by requiring wins with the current boundaries, but that's sort of poor, given the competition....

Also, set up a Classic mode for people who have played for more than 500 games. Too many new players are too intimidated to type anything, even if they aren't afk.
ruainn
Jester
Jester

Re: Increase the Required Games

Postby cheeseandtomatos » Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:07 pm

I agree with the Classic. Playing the rolelist is fun, but the players in the gamemode make it frustrating. (To be fair, though, the gamemode is pretty unforgiving towards evils thanks to TP/LO, that's also why experienced players avoid it.)

I suggest to combat gamethrowing that Coven Ranked should be popularized instead. Because you have to actually pay to play, there are less throwers and toxic people in general. Change the Ranked rolelist a little and Coven Ranked is super fun, since people are serious and understand what they're doing. Honestly, I've seen people in CAA who know the game better in Classic Ranked.
sometimes when my mother isn't home i go into the backyard, bury myself, and pretend i am a carrot

I sometimes go as burn
cheeseandtomatos
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:11 pm

I feel like a combined total of 300 required games is a bit excessive. Maybe a smaller increase would be nice, but requiring a combined 300 games before you can play ranked would probably turn a lot of people off of the gamemode.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:57 am

Ezradekezra wrote:I feel like a combined total of 300 required games is a bit excessive. Maybe a smaller increase would be nice, but requiring a combined 300 games before you can play ranked would probably turn a lot of people off of the gamemode.

I agree with this. Depending on how often you play 300 games will require you to consistently play the game for at least a couple months. I would say 100 or 150 games would be better. Up to about 100 games I still didn't know how a few of the roles worked which should be the bare minimum for Ranked. After that there's a tradeoff between experience and being reasonably easy to obtain.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby ruainn » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:03 am

My suggested number for Classic may be excessive; but, I was just throwing a number out, to let other people weigh in. No one disagreed with the RP number, though...

Maybe I should just play Coven...will try in a bit but the queues are long for anything but All/Any, and I don't know the roles that well, so then I'm the asshole...
ruainn
Jester
Jester

Postby superdog551 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:54 pm

50 classic, 50 RP games before you can play ranked, and when you are a new player you should be more likely to roll roles that you've never played before to increase the odds that you can have experience with each one in the role list
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Ezradekezra » Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:42 pm

superdog551 wrote:and when you are a new player you should be more likely to roll roles that you've never played before to increase the odds that you can have experience with each one in the role list

Maybe that'd make sense in RP, but Ranked is kinda supposed to be the one mode where everyone has equal chances of getting each role
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby superdog551 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:12 am

Ezradekezra wrote:
superdog551 wrote:and when you are a new player you should be more likely to roll roles that you've never played before to increase the odds that you can have experience with each one in the role list

Maybe that'd make sense in RP, but Ranked is kinda supposed to be the one mode where everyone has equal chances of getting each role

Sorry if I wasn't clear, I meant that to be for RP only
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby JJPSWFC » Tue Apr 04, 2023 11:40 am

I mean, people don't want to play 300 games for ranked. You're just solving/pushing back the "phantom account" issue but forgetting that the people not using a phantom account don't want to do that many games.
JJPSWFC

Return to Suggestions