Gamemode Idea: The Ultimate Showdown

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Gamemode Idea: The Ultimate Showdown

Postby scarfves » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:37 am

The Ultimate Showdown!

A unique classic-exclusive gamemode where you'll see the strongest of evils alongside the strongest of the goods, dueling for ultimate supremacy and ownership of this rickety town! You can call this the inverse of Town Traitor, as in the start of this gamemode, the Neutral Killing and Witch will ALWAYS join the Mafia - as opposed to a random Town joining them - creating the most ultimate Mafia team there is. As an upside, strong and powerful Town roles are guaranteed to show up!

This is the proposed list:

These are 2 extra rules:
- Better Promotions!: Promotions occur as normal when the Neutral Killing or current Godfather/Mafioso dies, but the Consigilere has the lowest priority to be promoted while the Witch cannot be promoted.
- The first promotion results in the player becoming the Godfather, all other subsequent promotions result in the player becoming the Mafioso. Only the Godfather and Mafioso may show up through promotions.
- When the Witch is the last Mafia remaining by virtue of everyone in the team dieing before them (since they are not allowed to be promoted by the new system), the game enters the same 3-day countdown state as Town Traitor where Town must find and eliminate them before the countdown ends, else the Mafia sweep the victory.

- Guess who's here?!: The Juggernaut and Plaguebearer from the Coven DLC are now allowed to show up within the Neutral Killing section for this custom gamemode.
- Any Neutral Killing with the Rampage ability cannot kill Mafia visitors through it.
- All Mafia will be alerted when they are doused in gas by an Arsonist, and can spend the night at home to clean it off.
- All Mafia cannot be infected by the Plaguebearer nor pass the infection, thus they do not contribute toward's the Plaguebearer's transformation requirements.

In the comments, thoughts?
Last edited by scarfves on Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
yeah, i go by qry on discord; shut up!
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Mafioso Removal + Godfather Rework
Move Plaguebearer from Neutral Chaos to Neutral Killing
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Re: Gamemode Idea: The Ultimate Showdown

Postby DragoWhooves » Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:58 pm

+Support
DragoWhooves
Lookout
Lookout

Postby cob709 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:19 pm

I like that evils only have 1 KPN
Evils should have one more player to make it 10(town)vs5(mafia). Perhaps swap out vigilante or veteran for RM
/support
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Poryg » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:35 am

I have to agree. Make it 10/5. It looks fun tho.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby scarfves » Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:12 pm

Converted the Veteran and Vigilante role slots into a single TK slot, and added 1 RM. Additionally, added a few new rules to boost Mafia since some mafia roles rely on visiting their own members or visiting someone they will attack
18 yr old hottie who got a computer from uni and will abuse it to hearts content hehehehe!

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Poryg » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:11 pm

I like the added changes. Although I wonder if it wouldn't be better to forbid arso entirely here. If nobody dies within 3 days, it's a draw... and it doesn't look like day 2 or 3 lynches are going to be common here.
Poryg
Witch
Witch

Postby scarfves » Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:23 am

Poryg wrote:I like the added changes. Although I wonder if it wouldn't be better to forbid arso entirely here. If nobody dies within 3 days, it's a draw... and it doesn't look like day 2 or 3 lynches are going to be common here.

Draws dont occur unless it's Day 7 or beyond. Nonetheless, I decided to add a clause to get the ball rolling for maf should no one die for a few nights.
Additionally, I felt adding the Jugg and PB to the list of possible NK be interesting to keep variety amongst the role list for our evils.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Soulshade55r » Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:53 pm

I dislike the role list, but the mode itself seem really interesting and cool Mafia & NK working together.

My take on it would change the following
List Spoiler: Jailor
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Killing
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Neutral Killing
Witch
Ambusher
Mafia Support
Random Mafia

I feel like you have too many 100% mafias, Blackmailer especially is a bad mafia role to have always spawn in because town knows 100% never to whisper, Bmers main source of power is information gathering through whispering. Therefore having a Bmer always spawn is a indirect nerf In general random mafia would work more with my changes.

>I'd likely make the promotion of a mafia member, upon NK's death actually be change the mafia member into becoming that NK, This way mafia would have a different way of factionally killing from game to game, this way you'd have NK work as the factional kill and your faction would take up the KPN style of that NK.
>Witch promotes like every other mafia but would have the lowest priority.
>Remove the random "death" thingy suggested
>GF nor mafioso will spawn, only "random mafia" in random mafia.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby scarfves » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:41 am

Soulshade55r wrote:I feel like you have too many 100% mafias, Blackmailer especially is a bad mafia role to have always spawn in because town knows 100% never to whisper, Bmers main source of power is information gathering through whispering. Therefore having a Bmer always spawn is a indirect nerf In general random mafia would work more with my changes.

Good point, I'll make a change to my original role list to prevent that.

Soulshade55r wrote:>I'd likely make the promotion of a mafia member, upon NK's death actually be change the mafia member into becoming that NK, This way mafia would have a different way of factionally killing from game to game, this way you'd have NK work as the factional kill and your faction would take up the KPN style of that NK.

I originally thought about that, but went against it since having to eradicate the same NK numerous times could feel unrewarding and annoying on the Town side. Going back to GF then Mafioso keeps the Mafia in check for having to defend their main source of killing.

Soulshade55r wrote:>Witch promotes like every other mafia but would have the lowest priority.

That's another alternative compared to the Witch TT model I have in mind, but I felt it could make for some more interesting games with my idea for the Witch.

Soulshade55r wrote:>Remove the random "death" thingy suggested

Actually yeah I should, I shouldn't reward overtly memey plays like Arso bombing.

Soulshade55r wrote:>GF nor mafioso will spawn, only "random mafia" in random mafia.

That is what I had in mind, GF and Mafioso don't come except in promotions, but I think I should clarify that part a bit more in case that is what you were referring to.

treasured ideas:
Gunslinger
Survivor Change
Saboteur
scarfves
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Suggestions