Guest account

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Guest account

Postby ManyMoonsEmptyMask » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:49 am

After the data breach incident, I think it would be wonderful for the game to allow guest accounts.Just to play safe.

Moreover, one of my friends was also affected by the 2018 data breach incident. In 2018, he had to do a tedious proccess. He had to check his email account whether anything was compromised. He recently received a queer email about some sort of money borrowing. This obviously is a money scam.

So, therefore, I would like to propose to the game and devs to have guest accounts in game.

Thank you.
ManyMoonsEmptyMask

Re: Guest account

Postby EqsyLootz » Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:35 am

ManyMoonsEmptyMask wrote:After the data breach incident, I think it would be wonderful for the game to allow guest accounts.Just to play safe.

Moreover, one of my friends was also affected by the 2018 data breach incident. In 2018, he had to do a tedious proccess. He had to check his email account whether anything was compromised. He recently received a queer email about some sort of money borrowing. This obviously is a money scam.

So, therefore, I would like to propose to the game and devs to have guest accounts in game.

Thank you.

What are guest accounts and how will they even function in a game like ToS?
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby SombreWoebegone » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:35 pm

What are guest accounts and how will they even function in a game like ToS?[/quote]

Hi there. I am happy to assist you or trying to help you.

What are guest accounts ?
Guests are basically players which have not registered. people can play without an account, but account is not saved, example: If the guest plays today and come back tomorrow playing as a guest, it will not be saved.

How will they even function ?
You may put restrictions in the guest account because there is no email address required. If people violate the rule, you can ban their IP. Accounts are required to change the player's display name. If the player does not create an account, there is a button that can be used to randomize the player's display name. Without an account the player can still play via Guest Mode which has social features (only Quick Chat and randomized names).

What is Quick Chat ?

Quick chat is where the game have already put in place speech bubbles. So, the players are limited to the speech bubbles the game creates. This also means the people without guest accounts cannot type the words they want to say. Instead, rely on the speech bubbles.For example, one speech bubble can say (number) is suspicious or (number) is good because i checked him. So, its like they have to insert the player number. If their role is Jailor, you can dedicate the speech bubble such as , I jailed (number) or (number) claimed (role). Lastly, You may put one speech bubble like I claimed (role). Hope this helps and hope this is what you are looking for.
SombreWoebegone

Postby EqsyLootz » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:12 pm

SombreWoebegone wrote:What are guest accounts and how will they even function in a game like ToS?

Hi there. I am happy to assist you or trying to help you.

What are guest accounts ?
Guests are basically players which have not registered. people can play without an account, but account is not saved, example: If the guest plays today and come back tomorrow playing as a guest, it will not be saved.

How will they even function ?
You may put restrictions in the guest account because there is no email address required. If people violate the rule, you can ban their IP. Accounts are required to change the player's display name. If the player does not create an account, there is a button that can be used to randomize the player's display name. Without an account the player can still play via Guest Mode which has social features (only Quick Chat and randomized names).

What is Quick Chat ?

Quick chat is where the game have already put in place speech bubbles. So, the players are limited to the speech bubbles the game creates. This also means the people without guest accounts cannot type the words they want to say. Instead, rely on the speech bubbles.For example, one speech bubble can say (number) is suspicious or (number) is good because i checked him. So, its like they have to insert the player number. If their role is Jailor, you can dedicate the speech bubble such as , I jailed (number) or (number) claimed (role). Lastly, You may put one speech bubble like I claimed (role). Hope this helps and hope this is what you are looking for.

Yeah that doesn't work. But thanks for the response anyways.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby 405UserNotAllowed » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:48 pm

SombreWoebegone wrote:
What is Quick Chat ?

Quick chat is where the game have already put in place speech bubbles. So, the players are limited to the speech bubbles the game creates. This also means the people without guest accounts cannot type the words they want to say. Instead, rely on the speech bubbles.For example, one speech bubble can say (number) is suspicious or (number) is good because i checked him. So, its like they have to insert the player number. If their role is Jailor, you can dedicate the speech bubble such as , I jailed (number) or (number) claimed (role). Lastly, You may put one speech bubble like I claimed (role).

This is one of the worst ideas for ToS I have ever heard.
In game names when I'm bored.
    Sir Roy Ribbon - A new personal fave
    CloakedSpy - The first I used, (NOT A TF2 REFERENCE)
    The Narrator - For a laugh
    Salt/Pepper - When I'm out of ideas.
    The Law Officer - A good one.
    Captain Longlegs - Arrr! A new personal best! I use this one in the coven only.

I also write songs in deathnotes. And I have the coven.
405UserNotAllowed
Doctor
Doctor

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:21 pm

One of the things that caused amogus to go to shit is that quick chat made for ppl who dont know how to type (4 yo)

Also fake claiming would become imposible
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Return to Suggestions