New "Random game mode" game mode

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New "Random game mode" game mode

Postby FrancoisHollande » Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:10 pm

ToS is in a sad state nowadays where most game modes are empty most of the day, and especially on Coven. For us who likes variety in roles our only go-to mode is All Any and Coven All Any, and this is where a new game mode with random special game modes like TT and VIP could help.
Of course everyone have different game modes they prefer, but having a game mode with more players and a chance to play their favourite games are surely preferred over waiting for hours queueing for the individual game modes.
Goes by as: FrancoisHollande | The man in black | The forsaken son | The rentboy

Beloved roles: Arsonist | Executioner | Plaguebearer | Serial Killer | Werewolf
Disliked roles: Mayor | Medium

Role suggestion: Abductor

Theme suggestion
FrancoisHollande
Witch
Witch

Re: New "Random game mode" game mode

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:40 am

I bet people will leave if they don't get the gamemode they wanted, but this doesn't seem like a bad idea. Alternatively, we could suggest allowing players to enter several lobbies at the same time so they can try to fill a rarer gamemode while preparing to play a playable gamemode.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby FrancoisHollande » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm

Joacgroso wrote:I bet people will leave if they don't get the gamemode they wanted, but this doesn't seem like a bad idea.

For D1/N1 leavers of this specific game mode there could be implemented a penalty where one can't join another queue for the following 5 minutes. So players either have to take the mode the get, or they leave and can't join another for the following five minutes.
Joacgroso wrote:Alternatively, we could suggest allowing players to enter several lobbies at the same time so they can try to fill a rarer gamemode while preparing to play a playable gamemode.

That is a tad risky as players will then leave the "filler" mid game once the lobby of their desired game mode is full. The problem with leavers is big enough as it is already.
Goes by as: FrancoisHollande | The man in black | The forsaken son | The rentboy

Theme suggestion
FrancoisHollande
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:31 pm

Well, if they start one game they will leave the other lobbies. Maybe they can rejoin the other lobbies after their game ends.

I don't think a single gamemode should have extra punishment for leavers. Leaving is bad in every gamemode.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby FrancoisHollande » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:55 pm

Now what if instead of random game mode, we instead get the special game modes in a set rotation that rotates to the second mode once lobby for the first mode is full and game is starting? This option would then realistically replace the standalone lobbies for the same game modes.
From the menu this rotating mode should say which mode that is up, and perhaps also which mode is coming next?

Theme suggestion
FrancoisHollande
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:08 pm

But if the original problem was that no one plays those gamemodes, then no one will want to play them if they know they are coming up. People will just wait for other players to play a game with the gamemode they don't like so they can play the gamemode they like, right?

Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby FrancoisHollande » Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:20 pm

I'm just throwing out options here. If leavers is an predicted issue with random game mode, then a rotational game mode is another option where players knows which game they get. Remember that with a rotational mode we are funneling players to that mode from the individual slow lobbies. Then players either have to stick with current mode to ensure rotation, or they eventually wait for the upcoming mode if they like that one better. Funneling players to random/rotation from the dead lobbies around ensures that we have a centralised lobby with a tad higher activity.

Theme suggestion
FrancoisHollande
Witch
Witch

Return to Suggestions