New Role or feature?

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New Role or feature?

Postby truetheoneking » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:11 pm

Having played the game for years, I think it's time to maybe add something to deal with gamethrowers. With game throwers, games can last either 3 minutes or 17 if they want to waste time. I feel it would be best if there was a feature to counteract said players. Maybe a devil role? The guardian angel role is in the game, maybe add the devil to cause chaos and possibly get a bit stronger as people die. It wouldn't be op, considering he'd die fairly quickly, but would be a neat counter against people who team up and refuse to play the game normally.
truetheoneking

Re: New Role or feature?

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:23 am

truetheoneking wrote:Having played the game for years, I think it's time to maybe add something to deal with gamethrowers. With game throwers, games can last either 3 minutes or 17 if they want to waste time. I feel it would be best if there was a feature to counteract said players. Maybe a devil role? The guardian angel role is in the game, maybe add the devil to cause chaos and possibly get a bit stronger as people die. It wouldn't be op, considering he'd die fairly quickly, but would be a neat counter against people who team up and refuse to play the game normally.

Adding a role to counter act gamethrowing isn't ideal. If you have an actual role idea go over to the role idea sub forum. As for gamethrowing there is the Trial System in play that already handles gamethrowers. It's not a fast acting result but the players who break the rules get banned shortly after.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:14 am

I don't see how such a role would counter gamethrowers, but if we add a role that is centered around them, we are implying that gamethrowing is okay and a part of the game, which will make people feel more entitled to ruin games.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby Stiersquid » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:41 am

I don't know what kind an anti game throwing role would look like. I can also guarantee that it would be used by gamethrowers to ruin games. A good feature could be to allow players to vote to abort a game. That way everyone doesn't have to waste their time in that game. Tho that would probably also get abused.
Gladiators! Are you ready for the opportunity of a lifetime? Fight in a battle that will go down in history. Eight challengers enter and one leaves with a prize no man could imagine. Are you ready to rumble?!
https://discord.gg/UNf4QJuA
Stiersquid
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby kyuss420 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:11 am

idk what you mean by ''play the game normally''

Im not a gamethrower, but theres many roles I dont play ''normally''. How do I know that? Cos Im constantly flamed (by noobs) in dead chat, because ''I cost them the game'' - even tho I won, (and they cost themselves the game) because ''thats not how you play ____'' and have multiple innoed g/t reports from said noobs. (my favourite was when I got reported for lying or the 3 or 4 for outing the VIP early game when I was actually coven)

So no support me. Theres no rules saying the game has to be played in sandbox mode, or that metas absolutely must be followed, and theres many roles where there is no ''normal'' way to play
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby truetheoneking » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:25 pm

EqsyLootz wrote:
truetheoneking wrote:Having played the game for years, I think it's time to maybe add something to deal with gamethrowers. With game throwers, games can last either 3 minutes or 17 if they want to waste time. I feel it would be best if there was a feature to counteract said players. Maybe a devil role? The guardian angel role is in the game, maybe add the devil to cause chaos and possibly get a bit stronger as people die. It wouldn't be op, considering he'd die fairly quickly, but would be a neat counter against people who team up and refuse to play the game normally.

Adding a role to counter act gamethrowing isn't ideal. If you have an actual role idea go over to the role idea sub forum. As for gamethrowing there is the Trial System in play that already handles gamethrowers. It's not a fast acting result but the players who break the rules get banned shortly after.

Last game I played, two people refused to actually vote the mafia, while 90% of the dead were furious at them. They knew who it was since day 3 but refused to do anything about it
truetheoneking

Return to Suggestions