Lame One Note Chaos Mode - Jailor Jumble.

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Lame One Note Chaos Mode - Jailor Jumble.

Postby SilverCruz » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:55 pm

Special Rules
- Jailor is not unique.

- The Executioner may have a Jailor as their target, and cannot be executed. (This is not Invincible defense, as they can still be incinerated by an Arsonist)

- If you are a Jailor and are targeted by another Jailor, you will be jailed and your target will not be jailed. If a chain of jailing attempts occurs (Jailor A > Jailor B > Jailor C > Arsonist), then it will terminate at the end of the chain (Jailor A will jail Jailor B while Jailor C and Arsonist are not jailed). If no Jailor in the chain did not also have another Jailor attempt to jail them, then nobody in the chain is jailed. (Messages - "You tried to jail your target but were jailed yourself!" and "You tried to jail your target, but someone tried to jail you and in the confusion both you and your target got away.")

- If two or more Jailors who are not targeted by a single other Jailor attempt to jail the same target, that target will not be jailed. (Message - "You tried to jail your target but got into an argument, so they got away.")

List
Jailor
Jailor
Jailor
Jailor
Jailor
Jailor
Mayor
Lookout
Investigator
Serial Killer
Arsonist
Godfather
Mafioso
Forger
Executioner
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Re: Lame One Note Chaos Mode - Jailor Jumble.

Postby syjfwbaobfwl » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:11 pm

Stop, we already saw you dont like jailor
syjfwbaobfwl
Jailor
Jailor

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:36 am

Mafia would never win this, I think.

In any case, I like the fact that this gamemode brings new mechanics, but I don't think this is the time to add more gamemodes. They would only split the playerbase a bit more, and there are way more important changes to be added.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby cob709 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:15 am

imo this role list would be too town sided
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:44 pm

Joacgroso wrote:Mafia would never win this, I think.

In any case, I like the fact that this gamemode brings new mechanics, but I don't think this is the time to add more gamemodes. They would only split the playerbase a bit more, and there are way more important changes to be added.

I mean that is true. If someone decided "WE MUST DO THIS NOW" and did it, I would actually be pretty irritated because I feel that just re-adding a previous Ranked Role List with a Neutral Killing to go between Classic and Unranked would be way more important and helpful.

That said, I don't feel like it'd split the playerbase long term. It'd probably get messed with for a while, then dropped for getting too stale too fast. And to counteract splitting the playerbase, I feel it'd be a good idea to be able to mark multiple lobbies as okay to join. Like if that old ranked role list did get added, being able to tag that, Unranked, and Town Traitor, then you can end up in any of the three depending on which one the game can fill up first using you and other players that also have the lobby that's ultimately used tagged. Wouldn't fix the Coven disconnect, but it'd help.

As for being too lopsided to the town, that's mostly what the Forger and Executioner are for, the idea being that the Mafia could forge one of the Jailors as the Lookout and try to make something happen with that. I will say that just having an Executioner does seem a little weak for the Mafia, but a Witch wouldn't really help either. If you wanted to go really nuts, you could make it a new role specific to this game-mode that's just a Mafia or Evil aligned Mayor with Execution Immunity. What I was thinking is that there'd be such a jumble of Jailors interfering with each other that it'd be hard for them to actually get much done, like if the Mayor reveals and two Jailors try to give them Jail Armor, then they don't get jailed at all so no Jail Armor for them.

Honestly, this is already more thought than this is worth. It is true that there's more that needs to be done first than adding gimmicky game modes.
I know what I'm doing, generally, but I have no grace at all when things start to spin out of control.

I'd like to address the latter part, but I wouldn't know the first thing about that.
SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Joacgroso » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:02 pm

I like the idea of being able to join multiple lobbies.

Another thing I noticed is that invests would be pretty powerful in this gamemode, though I guess it's balanced due to the high chances of a jailor interfering.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Postby SilverCruz » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:45 pm

Not only that, but also the Arsonist screwing them up more and more if it manages to last.

That said, the Neutral Killings are awkward because they are kind of designated idiots relying on the chaos of six Jailors to not get melted. But, as I said, it's not worth thinking too hard about this because I wouldn't even want to see this thrown in, at least not ahead of so much else.

SilverCruz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Return to Suggestions