Pay To Get Account Back

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Well?

That sounds good
38%
No, never in a million years, you should be banned for even suggesting this
63%

Total votes : 16

Pay To Get Account Back

Postby ShylokVakarian » Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Let's be real for a second: People. Fuck. Up.

I know, it's crazy to even insinuate that people aren't perfect, but they aren't perfect. People, especially those like me who have like 17 different neurological disorders, make mistakes that, for example, may end up breaking the rules. The devs have insisted on a rather draconian "No second chances" mentality that basically says "No more" after you fuck up three times, period. But people make mistakes, and that really just punishes long-time players who might make a mistake or two every few years, even though they try their best to be on their best behavior most of the time.

The tens, maybe hundreds of dollars spent on cosmetics lost because of a few honest mistakes made over years, possibly even some Kickstarter-exclusive items; all with no way to get them back if the appeal fails. That is terrible, and it makes me want to quit the game in fear of fucking up and losing everything. We should be able to pay some sort of fee to get it back. We already have to pay to play the game, and if it's more than $5, anyone trolling will just create a new account. I think paying $10 to get our account back is a good idea, because it makes it less likely that long-time players like myself will just rage-quit the game forever, and trolls are just going to buy an new account anyways, so it's not like it's going to make trolling any easier (and if trolls DO pick the $10 option, then you're at least making more money off of them).
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Pay To Get Account Back

Postby Flavorable » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:12 am

Your poll is ridiculously judgy and manipulative.

Also, I have a firm no on this. Having neurological disorders is not an excuse to break rules. If anything, I personally find it offensive to other people with disorders that you want to use them as an excuse for rulebreaking.

If the rules were insanely intricate, maybe the situation would ne different, but if you -know- you have a tendency to forget the rules (despite being able to look them up before every game), you can already expect punishment and eventual account termination.
Being able to buy one's account back can also be seen as "blackmail" for holding someone's account "hostage" for a sum of money.

I highly suggest if you have trouble following rules, to not play games that expect you to follow the rules.
The only one in control of your account is you. And the only one in control of not gettinf banned is you.

Breaking rules because someone else did something first: not an excuse.

Breaking rules because of ignorance of the rules, which you can even find ingame for your own ease of access: not an excuse.

Having a (or multiple) disorder(s): Not an excuse.

If people value something (in this case: their account), they will make absolutely sure they treat it with care. If they don't, that's on them. And if they don't have fitting consequences for their actions, how will they learn?

Someone with 10 bucks of pocket money a week could just consistently break the rules and get banned without any harm done to their prized possession: their account. And they'll keep breaking rules, cause why not?

Now how is that fair to the massive amount of people (even those with neurological disorders) that do follow the rules?
I don't think it is.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby ShylokVakarian » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:48 pm

Flavorable wrote:Your poll is ridiculously judgy and manipulative.

Also, I have a firm no on this. Having neurological disorders is not an excuse to break rules. If anything, I personally find it offensive to other people with disorders that you want to use them as an excuse for rulebreaking.

If the rules were insanely intricate, maybe the situation would ne different, but if you -know- you have a tendency to forget the rules (despite being able to look them up before every game), you can already expect punishment and eventual account termination.
Being able to buy one's account back can also be seen as "blackmail" for holding someone's account "hostage" for a sum of money.

I highly suggest if you have trouble following rules, to not play games that expect you to follow the rules.
The only one in control of your account is you. And the only one in control of not gettinf banned is you.

Breaking rules because of ignorance of the rules, which you can even find ingame for your own ease of access: not an excuse.

If people value something (in this case: their account), they will make absolutely sure they treat it with care. If they don't, that's on them. And if they don't have fitting consequences for their actions, how will they learn?

Someone with 10 bucks of pocket money a week could just consistently break the rules and get banned without any harm done to their prized possession: their account. And they'll keep breaking rules, cause why not?

Now how is that fair to the massive amount of people (even those with neurological disorders) that do follow the rules?
I don't think it is.

It's not just those of us who have neurological disorders. Literally EVERYONE fucks up. It is inevitable. Have many times have you fucked up? How many times have you been banned from something because you weren't thinking clearly? You seem to be of a mind to just shove those of us who don't always think clearly into a box and forget about them, but we are humans too.

The alternative to this is $5 to get a new account. The net result? The "nasty rulebreaker" still has an account. Why not make more off of that? Doesn't even have to be $10, but it's not like you'd accept that, seeing your stance.

This whole game is fucked up. Toxic community, toxic mods, toxic devs. I'm out of here.
ShylokVakarian
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby TheFluffyWaffleV2 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:50 pm

ShylokVakarian wrote:This whole game is fucked up. Toxic community, toxic mods, toxic devs. I'm out of here.

bye.
gl finding a game with a better community. there aren't many left.
Retired Goop God
Spoiler:

jumpscare
TheFluffyWaffleV2
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Ermit » Sat Aug 15, 2020 4:42 pm

Flavorable wrote:Your poll is ridiculously judgy and manipulative.

I don't think it is.

So now you are perfect mrs flavorable? dont make me laugh, everybody heres are human even you, that TRYHARD to be an "angel" when you are not, because nobody is, only for climbing up rank in this forum

ShylokVakarian wrote:Let's be real for a second: People. Fuck. Up.

I know, it's crazy to even insinuate that people aren't perfect, but they aren't perfect. People, especially those like me who have like 17 different neurological disorders, make mistakes that, for example, may end up breaking the rules. The devs have insisted on a rather draconian "No second chances" mentality that basically says "No more" after you fuck up three times, period. But people make mistakes, and that really just punishes long-time players who might make a mistake or two every few years, even though they try their best to be on their best behavior most of the time.

The tens, maybe hundreds of dollars spent on cosmetics lost because of a few honest mistakes made over years, possibly even some Kickstarter-exclusive items; all with no way to get them back if the appeal fails. That is terrible, and it makes me want to quit the game in fear of fucking up and losing everything. We should be able to pay some sort of fee to get it back. We already have to pay to play the game, and if it's more than $5, anyone trolling will just create a new account. I think paying $10 to get our account back is a good idea, because it makes it less likely that long-time players like myself will just rage-quit the game forever, and trolls are just going to buy an new account anyways, so it's not like it's going to make trolling any easier (and if trolls DO pick the $10 option, then you're at least making more money off of them).

i find it, Okay, otherwise this game will be over and dead in less one year, youtubers and streamers are stopping playing now, im not nostradamus to see that

TheFluffyWaffleV2 wrote:
ShylokVakarian wrote:This whole game is fucked up. Toxic community, toxic mods, toxic devs. I'm out of here.

bye.
gl finding a game with a better community. there aren't many left.

better community? dont make me laugh
Last edited by Guest on Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged posts
I believe my actions will become the foundation of this world's hope
Ermit
Witch
Witch

Postby Joacgroso » Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:37 am

The problem is that this would allow trolls to get back into ranked easily. Even if they pay to ban evade, they still have to play 50 games before joining ranked, which kinda slows them down. Besides, this would be a better punishment than just forcing them to pay again. The risk of losing something valuable can deter some trolls from trolling.
Joacgroso wrote:I feel like I went from Light Yagami to Keiichi Maebara.

I still hope one day the game will have private lobbies. They would really help.
Also, please nerf vampire hunters.
Joacgroso
Werewolf
Werewolf

Return to Suggestions