New Achievement

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

New Achievement

Postby PooperDooperSlooper » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:32 pm

An achievement titled "One Fear."

As mayor, die to a witched vigilante after revealing day 1.
PooperDooperSlooper
Jester
Jester

Re: New Achievement

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:07 pm

Nay, this would encourage people to throw for the achievement
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:19 pm

MysticMismagius wrote:Nay, this would encourage people to throw for the achievement

Encourage who to throw? The vigi can't choose to shoot n1, revealing d1 as mayor isn't throwing to begin with, and the witch should be trying to find vigi anyways.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby Savagepeyton » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:06 pm

Revealing as mayor N1 is so throwing. It bugs me so much when people try to get that dumb achievement. /nosupport
Savagepeyton
Executioner
Executioner

Postby jUnion44 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:54 am

Quick Fix: Mayor must not reveal to get the achievement. Solves all your issues. You're welcome.

If a mayor claims d1 without revealing, nobody will buy it, so this achievement would rely on the witch being lucky.

But then it won't be something you can "achieve" but rather some indication that you were unlucky.

I don't fully support this achievement, but I'm not going to say /nosupport as if it's a command or something. I like the idea of more unique achievements specific to certain roles and situations. Keep making suggestions like this one please.

[EDIT]: Maybe give the achievement to the witch/CL instead of the mayor. Then, the witch is actually "achieving" something.
My in game name is Zinc Sulfate.
jUnion44
Witch
Witch

Postby PooperDooperSlooper » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:15 pm

It's to build off the "No fear" achievement. Though I suppose it could be a good achievement for the witch/CL.
PooperDooperSlooper
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:20 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:
MysticMismagius wrote:Nay, this would encourage people to throw for the achievement

Encourage who to throw? The vigi can't choose to shoot n1, revealing d1 as mayor isn't throwing to begin with, and the witch should be trying to find vigi anyways.

It would encourage the vigi to reveal himself to the witch, with a special request to be sent to the Mayor.

PooperDooperSlooper wrote:Though I suppose it could be a good achievement for the witch/CL.

Witch already has this achievement. It's called "Two Birds, One Stone".
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:16 pm

Brilliand wrote:
It would encourage the vigi to reveal himself to the witch, with a special request to be sent to the Mayor.

It does not, the vigi doesn't get any achievement.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:
Brilliand wrote:

It does not, the vigi doesn't get any achievement.

Yes it mf does.

Mayor reveals D1. "Hey, I'm tryna get an achievement, if there's a witch, can vigi reveal?"

"Hey, I'm vigi." Says vigi.

"Oh hey, free kill!" thinks witch.

Mayor gets achievement, witch is happy, and vigi is happy the Mayor got an achievement, even though both the vigi and Mayor threw.

Also the achievement Fearless also actively encourages throwing so no matter which way you put it this is a stupid idea.

Edit: Even if there is no witch, Mafia gets a free vigi kill.
Hi. I'm Caleb, and you're watching Disney Channel.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
I’m a self proclaimed anarchist, and a god of chaos (apparently).
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:18 pm

dolphina wrote:Edit: Even if there is no witch, Mafia gets a free vigi kill.

No, they get a vigi kill that takes up their nightly kill

and it's debatable whether that's even a good idea. If kyuss's posts are anything to go by, the Mafia should be focused on killing all the tp/lo, followed by the Jailor.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:46 am

Worst thing is there are a lot actual dumb Achievements that already encourage throwing or bad play.

Worst offender is Janitors "on strike" "don't clean all game" like why are there achievements that just encourage doing nothing or not playing well, I really hope this is talked about more and leads to players actually just playing bad because they get merit points and achievement for doing so.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm

dolphina wrote:Mayor gets achievement, witch is happy, and vigi is happy the Mayor got an achievement, even though both the vigi and Mayor threw.

Except we can already see that vigilantes don't reveal themselves for the sake of other players' achievements. If they did, vigilantes would commonly claim day 1 in the hopes of giving the witch the achievement, and yet this doesn't happen. There's no reason to believe vigilantes would be inclined to give mayors an achievement at their own expense, as we already know they don't do the same for "Two Birds, One Stone."
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby PooperDooperSlooper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:41 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Worst thing is there are a lot actual dumb Achievements that already encourage throwing or bad play.

Worst offender is Janitors "on strike" "don't clean all game" like why are there achievements that just encourage doing nothing or not playing well, I really hope this is talked about more and leads to players actually just playing bad because they get merit points and achievement for doing so.

I think the Janitor achievement is more about getting outplayed by town than it is just not using your ability. I don't think I've ever seen a janitor not attempt a clean. I think this role is mainly obtained through either custom lobbies full of achievement hunters, or through janitors who get rb'd/killed/witched away and miss their cleans every attempt.
PooperDooperSlooper
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:59 pm

PooperDooperSlooper wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:Worst thing is there are a lot actual dumb Achievements that already encourage throwing or bad play.

I think the Janitor achievement is more about getting outplayed by town than it is just not using your ability. I don't think I've ever seen a janitor not attempt a clean. I think this role is mainly obtained through either custom lobbies full of achievement hunters, or through janitors who get rb'd/killed/witched away and miss their cleans every attempt.

Actually I once did this on purpose to not expose myself but I guarantee most of the time when people get this achievement it's A. Throwers or B. Achievement hunters

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

He/they pronouns. Trans rights! I have fifteen names and infinite anxiety. I am the transgender masculine.

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby PooperDooperSlooper » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:30 pm

dolphina wrote:Actually I once did this on purpose to not expose myself but I guarantee most of the time when people get this achievement it's A. Throwers or B. Achievement hunters

Well, you're more than likely wrong. Unless you're playing in the under 1200 elo bracket (for ranked, anyway), or all/any, I very much doubt that it's throwers or achievement hunters. It's more likely that janitor is getting outplayed by town, or hitting immunes.
PooperDooperSlooper
Jester
Jester

Postby Brilliand » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:41 pm

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:Except we can already see that vigilantes don't reveal themselves for the sake of other players' achievements. If they did, vigilantes would commonly claim day 1 in the hopes of giving the witch the achievement, and yet this doesn't happen. There's no reason to believe vigilantes would be inclined to give mayors an achievement at their own expense, as we already know they don't do the same for "Two Birds, One Stone."

The Mayor has power over the Vigilante. The Mayor can force the Vigilante to reveal, and the Lookouts to stay off the Vigilante, under the threat of being lynched.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby xXbigboi69Xx » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:21 am

Brilliand wrote:... under the threat of being lynched.

The mayor demands the townies comply. The townies do not comply, and the night passes without mayor being shot by a vigilante. The achievement is now out of reach for this game, and the mayor no longer has incentive to follow through on their threat. Any gamethrowing onwards would be taking place on the players' own terms, not incentivized by the achievement.
xXbigboi69Xx
Jester
Jester

Postby dolphina » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:33 am

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:
Brilliand wrote:... under the threat of being lynched.

The mayor demands the townies comply. The townies do not comply, and the night passes without mayor being shot by a vigilante. The achievement is now out of reach for this game, and the mayor no longer has incentive to follow through on their threat. Any gamethrowing onwards would be taking place on the players' own terms, not incentivized by the achievement.

Actually, what would happen would that the Mayor would get salty. Salty players gamethrow. They'd probably refuse to vote because 'I'm not voting until I get my achievement!" You misunderstood the achievement. It's at any point in the game, get killed by a witched vigilante.

Please stop fricking wringing a dry towel and trying to argue your case. Brilli-sand and I are much more experienced with throwing and achievements that encourage throwing.

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Brilliand » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:13 am

xXbigboi69Xx wrote:The mayor demands the townies comply. The townies do not comply, and the night passes without mayor being shot by a vigilante. The achievement is now out of reach for this game, and the mayor no longer has incentive to follow through on their threat. Any gamethrowing onwards would be taking place on the players' own terms, not incentivized by the achievement.

More like: the Mayor follows through on promises he made previously, and lynches the Vigi because "they can't be Vigi because they didn't obey me / why didn't you claim when I called for it, you must not be vigi".

People don't just do what they have an incentive to do; they follow through on threats even when the incentive is taken away. That's what makes threats effective.

...and in general, people are in the habit of obeying the Mayor, because he's the superconfirmed townie. To most people, disobeying the Mayor just isn't something that Townies do.

dolphina wrote:experienced with throwing and achievements that encourage throwing.

Doesn't sound like something I'd want to boast about, lol.

(Not sure it's true anyway. I'm looking at this from a theoretical standpoint.)
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby dolphina » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:25 am

Brilliand wrote:
xXbigboi69Xx wrote:The mayor demands the townies comply. The townies do not comply, and the night passes without mayor being shot by a vigilante. The achievement is now out of reach for this game, and the mayor no longer has incentive to follow through on their threat. Any gamethrowing onwards would be taking place on the players' own terms, not incentivized by the achievement.

More like: the Mayor follows through on promises he made previously, and lynches the Vigi because "they can't be Vigi because they didn't obey me / why didn't you claim when I called for it, you must not be vigi".

People don't just do what they have an incentive to do; they follow through on threats even when the incentive is taken away. That's what makes threats effective.

...and in general, people are in the habit of obeying the Mayor, because he's the superconfirmed townie. To most people, disobeying the Mayor just isn't something that Townies do.

dolphina wrote:experienced with throwing and achievements that encourage throwing.

Doesn't sound like something I'd want to boast about, lol.

(Not sure it's true anyway. I'm looking at this from a theoretical standpoint.)

I've personally played ~500 games so I say that this achievement is crap

vocaloid KAITO #1 fan

PM me for my Discord!
My stinky FM Record
dolphina
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Return to Suggestions