Make The Coven DLC Free

Leave your suggestions about the game here!

Make The Coven DLC Free

Postby NootNootIsDank » Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:48 pm

Let me preface this by saying I own The Coven, and although I can't speak for every Coven owner everyone I have talked to about this has agreed with me. Every single time I try to get into a game of The Coven, the lobbies are near empty and never fill up. The only exception to this has been on the free weekends, in which games have actually filled up and I have had a lot of fun. Thus far my purchase of The Coven DLC has just been a waste, so I propose that the DLC be made free, and all previous owners of the Coven DLC get gifted town points or a special skin/bundle as compensation. I think this would satisfy all players as those who don't own The Coven get to play, and those who already own it can finally get into a lobby, as well as receiving a gift so that their purchase was not made in vain. The game devs also win because this change would bring a lot of new players to the game as well as old ones who got burnt out and quit. Cheers.
NootNootIsDank
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: Make The Coven DLC Free

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:09 am

If gameplay turned to anything like free weekends.... I would quit.

Idk what you find so hard about getting into a lobby tho... yea ranked is dead and that sucks, but the chaos modes fill, even if you have to wait 5 minutes during slow hours, and who really wants to play the beginner modes anyway? I much prefer quality games over 1 minute lobbies. 1 minute lobbies full of crap players is a waste of 20 minutes, a 5 minute queue with a decent game is time well spent. ATM I find I get probably 3-4 good games out of 5, where players of all factions are on point and the majority of players show some skill.

Im pretty sure a lot of the players who ''got burnt out and quit'' did so because the quality of gameplay declined (the ones i know of, at least) due to, in their words, ''an influx of noobs''. Not becuase the queue was too long, or they couldnt get a game in coven classic. Most of them still pop in from time to time to see if the noobs that scared em off have improved their game yet.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Brilliand » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:46 pm

kyuss420 wrote:If gameplay turned to anything like free weekends.... I would quit.

It probably wouldn't be as bad, because the "special occasion" drives extra traffic.

But yeah, it would still suck.

kyuss420 wrote:IIdk what you find so hard about getting into a lobby tho... yea ranked is dead and that sucks, but the chaos modes fill, even if you have to wait 5 minutes during slow hours, and who really wants to play the beginner modes anyway?

So no harm in giving the beginner modes to the free players?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:21 am

Brilliand wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:IIdk what you find so hard about getting into a lobby tho... yea ranked is dead and that sucks, but the chaos modes fill, even if you have to wait 5 minutes during slow hours, and who really wants to play the beginner modes anyway?

So no harm in giving the beginner modes to the free players?

Thats what theyre there for..... beginners
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby biancas » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:55 pm

I too have noticed this. I also own coven but feel like it's splitting the player base. I've a suggestion too, make Coven DLC available to everyone, not free per se, instead make it so players who don't own coven can join coven games but don't get to play coven roles. It will be also a great to intrigue new potential buyers.
biancas

Postby Villagerlover » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:09 pm

Honestly I'd support this 100% under 1 condition...

If the Coven is made free, then I'd want something unique in return for the small amount of money I spent on the game, like a unique skin or accessory. I really don't mind.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:11 am

why are all the 1 post newbies repeating themselves?
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby kyuss420 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:13 am

ShortsInABox wrote:I also have the coven and I've noticed this too. Every time I try to play the lobbies don't fill up, I fully support this.

You have noticed this when? Says under your name that your account is 4 days old, (joined Mon Feb 24th) so the only time you would of played is during the free weekend...
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby GeneralTullius » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:51 am

kyuss420 wrote:
ShortsInABox wrote:I also have the coven and I've noticed this too. Every time I try to play the lobbies don't fill up, I fully support this.

You have noticed this when? Says under your name that your account is 4 days old, (joined Mon Feb 24th) so the only time you would of played is during the free weekend...

I mean, it could be an alt
"Battles are won by trained and disciplined men. Wars are won by talented and exceptional individuals."
GeneralTullius

Postby Algus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:18 am

i've owned coven since release, i've played at least 1500 games in the dlc

coven only has 2 game modes, VIP and all any.

every other rolelist fucking blows and would never get played even if coven were free

i don't care if bmg makes it free or not, because all any and VIP lobbies fill up regardless; there isn't a shortage of players

that being said the players aren't any better than I would expect to see in classic regardless of free week; people claiming free weekend makes it worse somehow are full of shit, because it's always that bad

carry on
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby NootNootIsDank » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:18 am

Algus wrote:coven only has 2 game modes, VIP and all any.
every other rolelist fucking blows and would never get played even if coven were free

i don't care if bmg makes it free or not, because all any and VIP lobbies fill up regardless; there isn't a shortage of players

The influx of players would not only encourage bmg to make a better role list but also allow the other existing ones to be played by those who enjoy them. Because nobody wants to pay for an entire DLC only to find that there is only 2 game modes that are playable.
NootNootIsDank
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Brilliand » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:24 am

NootNootIsDank wrote:The influx of players would not only encourage bmg to make a better role list but also allow the other existing ones to be played by those who enjoy them.

Supporting a change in the hopes that the change will in turn pressure the devs to make other changes is not a good plan.

Just suggest and/or support the improvements that you want directly.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby NootNootIsDank » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:29 am

Brilliand wrote:Just suggest and/or support the improvements that you want directly.

That's what I've done. But in response to that guy I'm saying that this is a 2 birds with 1 stone kind of thing. More players in the coven means more attention from the devs.
NootNootIsDank
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Superalex11 » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:36 am

Brilliand wrote:Supporting a change in the hopes that the change will in turn pressure the devs to make other changes is not a good plan.

Just suggest and/or support the improvements that you want directly.

Ok, suggestion: make it free AND make the rolelists better.

See how pointless it is to separate those ideas? They're both already present.
And if we're assuming BMG cares anyway, then there's no reason they'd care about one and ignore the other, regardless of whether they're actually proposed separately.
Soon™
Superalex11
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby NootNootIsDank » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:40 am

Superalex11 wrote:Ok, suggestion: make it free AND make the rolelists better.

See how pointless it is to separate those ideas? They're both already present.

I am completely on board with this idea
NootNootIsDank
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Algus » Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:51 am

for the record you have my support

you know what will happen if covens made free? players will stop being able to plausibly have no idea what they're doing

im gonna be able to hold u fucks to the same standards i hold classic players next time you say some dumb shit or have clearly wrong invest results
IGN - Max
If I'm not on Max, I'm the Thunder Trainer with cupid/loveshack or wolfpup/wolfden
Algus
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby EqsyLootz » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:52 pm

I like the idea of the free DLC as it has been out for a while, However the only issue I find with this is new players who've never played coven. Its going to be blatantly bad having to deal with them and thats why the DLC is payed for. Only skilled players who are used to coven play it. Newbies joining the lobbies is going to ruin the expirience.

Thats my only issue.
Today is the first day I changed my signature after 2 full years. Unfortunately I have no idea what to write here.
General Salem Community Accomplishments.
~~Master Elo Ranked Player: 2.1k Elo~~
I'm also a damn Sunflower, Deal with it.
EqsyLootz
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby NootNootIsDank » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:14 pm

That's what Ranked is for, or they could implement some sort of feature where you need a certain number of games played to access coven. Just an idea.
NootNootIsDank
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Mar 04, 2020 12:04 am

EqsyLootz wrote:Only skilled players who are used to coven play it. Newbies joining the lobbies is going to ruin the experience.

From my entire experience playing Coven, I have never seen a significant increase in intelligence among players on either side of the paywall.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:02 am

I think everyone on this thread should take the time out of their lives and create a game, from the coding, to character design, then they should pay to run the server, and maintain it, to keep it online. (around $17 per hour was Facebooks price, 7ish years ago, roughly $500 per day, dont know about Steam..) They should also employ a few people to help them in the process, and after the process (to deal with customer issues, bugs etc... 80?-90k? per person, per year? oh wait, its USA.. 40?-50k? per person per year?)

I also think, that after all that effort, they should give it away for free. ^^ We all know advertisers spend millions per year targeting the online flash game players (thats where the real big bucks come from, we all know online flash game players have hundreds of thousands to spend, so thats where Id put my smart marketing money).

Jokes aside, I think you have more chance getting free drinks all night, from a barman, because ''I payed a cover charge at the door'', Than you have posting on a businesses online forum and suggesting they give their product away to everyone for free, and expecting it to happen... but, ya know.. they introduced coven tickets system, so anything is possible
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby james2037 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:41 pm

kyuss420 wrote:I think everyone on this thread should take the time out of their lives and create a game, from the coding, to character design, then they should pay to run the server, and maintain it, to keep it online. (around $17 per hour was Facebooks price, 7ish years ago, roughly $500 per day, dont know about Steam..) They should also employ a few people to help them in the process, and after the process (to deal with customer issues, bugs etc... 80?-90k? per person, per year? oh wait, its USA.. 40?-50k? per person per year?)

I also think, that after all that effort, they should give it away for free. ^^ We all know advertisers spend millions per year targeting the online flash game players (thats where the real big bucks come from, we all know online flash game players have hundreds of thousands to spend, so thats where Id put my smart marketing money).

Jokes aside, I think you have more chance getting free drinks all night, from a barman, because ''I payed a cover charge at the door'', Than you have posting on a businesses online forum and suggesting they give their product away to everyone for free, and expecting it to happen... but, ya know.. they introduced coven tickets system, so anything is possible

I can't get enough Ranked Practice games to play Ranked Coven. Every time I come back to ToS I realize I've literally wasted my money on Coven unless I happen to have 14 other friends, as the other two modes "Coven Classic" and "Mafia Returns" are also always empty.
james2037

Postby Brilliand » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:14 am

james2037 wrote:I can't get enough Ranked Practice games to play Ranked Coven.

You could use a free weekend for this, as it's a one-time thing.

I have over ten Coven Ranked Practice games played, and I don't even own Coven.
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:49 am

james2037 wrote:
kyuss420 wrote:I think everyone on this thread should take the time out of their lives and create a game, from the coding, to character design, then they should pay to run the server, and maintain it, to keep it online. (around $17 per hour was Facebooks price, 7ish years ago, roughly $500 per day, dont know about Steam..) They should also employ a few people to help them in the process, and after the process (to deal with customer issues, bugs etc... 80?-90k? per person, per year? oh wait, its USA.. 40?-50k? per person per year?)

I can't get enough Ranked Practice games to play Ranked Coven. Every time I come back to ToS I realize I've literally wasted my money on Coven unless I happen to have 14 other friends, as the other two modes "Coven Classic" and "Mafia Returns" are also always empty.

Well if you spent $5 in the hopes to play beginner modes, then even if they filled, you wasted your money
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:15 am

Is Mafia Returns really a "beginner mode"? It seems more like a showcase of the two DLC Mafia roles, seeing how they don't show up in any other mode except the rare occasion in AA.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby kyuss420 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:50 am

MysticMismagius wrote:Is Mafia Returns really a "beginner mode"? It seems more like a showcase of the two DLC Mafia roles, seeing how they don't show up in any other mode except the rare occasion in AA.

They arent rare in AA, theyre quite common. And yes, the role list would suggest its a beginner mode. If it were more of a challenging role list, the regulars might still be interested.
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Next

Return to Suggestions