Botting Situation Update

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Botting Situation Update

Postby Achilles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:49 pm

AnnoymousGracey wrote:Why do these people have such a grudge against ToS?

They said they wanted email verification and some trial improvements. Once we added both of those things they kept botting so we added captchas and they were willing to spend hours making lists of captcha answers. Some were willing to manually copy paste spam even after all of those things had been implemented.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Jackparrot » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:27 pm

Would it be possible that you are filing a lawsuit against them?
I am not as active as I used to be, although I should be somewhat active.
Jackparrot
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Jerme » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:39 pm

Jackparrot wrote:Would it be possible that you are filing a lawsuit against them?

The answer was already mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=94733#p3038508
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby MysticMismagius » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:09 pm

RevengeoftheRaccoon wrote:
fable979 wrote:Why would you need any proofs? Just ban them and then give the other players access to Coven for a month.
How many people know those prominent community members? All we care is we get to play the game and enjoy it.
What has a Coven free month to do with the botters
It’d be a measure to keep people complacent, if they actually went with this method. “Hey guys, ignore the fact that we just banned a bunch of Trial judges, prominent jurors, and other trusted/prominent people in the community! Here’s free stuff!”

I personally respect that BMG got proof before banning these people. If they were just quietly IP banned with no explanation given, they’d become martyrs because they were kinda popular. Then, the problem would just get worse.
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Achilles » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:00 pm

Let’s not resort to doxxing anyone or getting a mob after them. The important thing is that the community knows the truth and if they try to come back on alt accounts they will have no moral ground to stand on.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby GeniusWind » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:22 pm

Holy shit lmfao
Dislike: Passive 50 IQ low elo trash punks, eZ

Stats: Spoiler: Legacy Season: Silver ELO (hiatus after a week from season beginning; played months during prelegacy)
Season 3: ~2700 ELO [~ 52.8%]
Season 4: 3115 ELO [28.6% to 58%(max) ~ 54.5%]

----------------Subscribe to https://youtube.com/user/Vsefotonz on Youtube---Copy and paste this rignt now!!!
GeniusWind

Postby Sting » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:12 pm

Never been a fan of you guys, always spoke my mind about how you ran business, but for the most part you ran a free service and it is actually disgusting to see people who would always take the moral high-ground to people on this game act out like this over decisions made by you guys. Hope you get this sorted and best of luck with the game.
Sting
Medium
Medium

Postby FrankLeeAwful » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:57 pm

Sting wrote:Never been a fan of you guys, always spoke my mind about how you ran business, but for the most part you ran a free service and it is actually disgusting to see people who would always take the moral high-ground to people on this game act out like this over decisions made by you guys. Hope you get this sorted and best of luck with the game.

There's a name I haven't seen in a while.
FrankLeeAwful
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Leharn » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Will legal be taken against these people for hacking. They have broken many laws such as: target harassment, hacking, DDoSing etc.
Leharn
Witch
Witch

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:52 am

Leharn wrote:Will legal be taken against these people for hacking. They have broken many laws such as: target harassment, hacking, DDoSing etc.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=94733&p=3038508#p3038508
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby 0verki11 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:50 am

Does this increase the chance of going back to f2p?
If you need a replacement for an FM or most Forum games, PM me, and ill see if I can replace in.
If you want my discord PM me.
UTC+13 or something is my timezone.

0verki11
Medium
Medium

Location: Somewhere in NZ trying to get a good internet connection

Postby WanderingHero » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:45 am

Borcetol wrote:If anything happens IRL, BMG is going to have a fine time in court with the witchhunt they started

Are you scared? WHy would a crusader of justice such as yourself have anything to fear from justice? I bet you're all like "it's a prank bro!" when you pull shit on other people, you should learn to take the lumps such actions bring about
WanderingHero
Executioner
Executioner

Postby MafiaMenace » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:20 am

WanderingHero wrote:
Borcetol wrote:If anything happens IRL, BMG is going to have a fine time in court with the witchhunt they started

Are you scared? WHy would a crusader of justice such as yourself have anything to fear from justice? I bet you're all like "it's a prank bro!" when you pull shit on other people, you should learn to take the lumps such actions bring about

uh what
bro these people tracked them down
im pretty sure wandering is right here
Spoiler: Image

You’re going to be all right. You just stumbled over a stone in the road. It means nothing. Your goal lies far beyond this. Doesn’t it? I’m sure you’ll overcome this. You’ll walk again… soon.
MafiaMenace
Sheriff
Sheriff

Postby Achilles » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:23 pm

To be clear, we do not want anyone to attempt any kind of retaliation against these users. We simply wanted to announce who the accounts behind the botting were and that we were banning them. We did not release personally identifying information, only their Town of Salem and discord names. We knew the real life identities of some of these users already and specifically chose to not reveal any of that information. If we see any threats of real life violence or harm against these users we will be reporting it to the authorities and banning those making the threats.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:57 pm

0verki11 wrote:Does this increase the chance of going back to f2p?

I doubt that, as when we're going back tp f2p, the botters have again access to continue trolling and driving away the community.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Announcements