Referral System + Refer-A-Friend Improvements

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Referral System + Refer-A-Friend Improvements

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Hey Townies,

Today we are going to be releasing a patch that will have several improvements to the Refer-A-Friend system, and a new Referral system. These changes are meant to help our established users give their friends a chance to play the game before making a purchase. We are also going to amp up the rewards for when a friend does purchase the game.

Referral System
When a premium user reaches 10 games played they will receive 5 referral codes that they can give to their friends. These codes can be redeemed by a user's friends after they create their account, login, and click the play button. Users will also get 5 extra codes at 25 games played, 50 games played, 100 games played, and 250 games played. This means that a user can get up to 25 referral codes through the life of their account. To claim these codes click the button that looks like hands shaking to the right of the Cauldron button.

Refer-A-Friend improvements
Refer-A-Friend rewards have been bumped up to 1300 Town Points per player successfully referred from 100. We are also going to reward for every successful referral past 5 with 1300 Town Points. There was previously no reward for referrals past 5.

Trial Accounts

The pop-up that says you need to make a purchase to play now has a "Redeem" button. If this is clicked it will take the user to a screen where a code can be entered. After a player redeems a code their account is made into a Trial account. When a player redeems a code if they have not put a user as their referrer, or has put a user that didn't give them the redeem code the user that gave them the code will be marked as their referrer. Trial accounts can play 5 games and after that they will be locked out of playing until they make a purchase.

Be Aware!
If an account is banned during the Trial phase, the account that referred them will receive a suspension. Trial accounts that are only suspended will not punish the referring account. Note that accounts are only banned over being suspended when they are botting or spamming hate speech. Once the referred accounts becomes a premium account the referral user is no longer responsible for their accounts and will not be suspended if the referrer gets banned.

NOTE: This feature is not available on mobile yet, but will come with a later patch.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Referral System + Refer-A-Friend Improvements

Postby Freezinater » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:59 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Trial Accounts

Trial accounts can play 5 games and after that they will be locked out of playing until they make a purchase.

I feel like 5 games might be a little short, but maybe that's just me. It takes a couple games to really get what you're doing, even if a friend referred you. Perhaps 10 games would be a better limit in this case?
Freezinater
Jester
Jester

Postby Chemist1422 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:01 pm

If a trial account is banned, will the referring account be able to refer more accounts?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Achilles » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:09 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:If a trial account is banned, will the referring account be able to refer more accounts?

Yes but there will be a permanent suspension against their record. 4 suspensions is a permanent ban.
Achilles
Developer
Developer

Postby kayekitty » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:46 pm

When will servers be back up I can't log in :(
kayekitty

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:48 pm

The servers are back up!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby LoyaI » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Do I get the Refer-a-Friend rewards when my friend uses the code? If not, when do I get the rewards?

I AM TEH LURD OF DA DINGS
LoyaI
Witch
Witch

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:15 pm

You get the rewards when they upgrade their account.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby SageHavner » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

Is this update making anybody else's load bar freeze up and resulting in town of salem crashing? I couldn't get on earlier due to not connecting to the server. Now i can get on but when I try to join a game, the load bar doesn't ever load!
SageHavner

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:16 pm

SageHavner wrote:Is this update making anybody else's load bar freeze up and resulting in town of salem crashing? I couldn't get on earlier due to not connecting to the server. Now i can get on but when I try to join a game, the load bar doesn't ever load!

There was an issue with the Steam update. It is resolved now. Please make sure to completely close Steam and reopen to make sure you are up-to-date, then it will work.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Jerme » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:13 pm

FlameThrower032 wrote:Do you update the game to where premium is a requirement to play the game now. I just logged onto it and it says I need premium to play the game. That's unfair to me, and a friend suggested it to me and I was actually interested in your game but to find it requiring me to purchase premium. Why you gotta do this?

This happened nearly a month ago. You can ask your friend for a referral code to try the game for 5 matches and then decide if its worth buying the premium version or not. Its is not "unfair" that a game follows the pay-to-play-model, as this is a decision that every creator of a game can make on their own.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements