Captcha Patch

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Captcha Patch

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 pm

Hey Townies!

We are adding a simple question system for new users to help combat the bot problem. Players will not be able to chat until the question is answered. If you fail this captcha too many times it will result in a suspension. If you see a bot or scripter in game report them for spam, even if they aren't spamming. Any user that gets 3 reports for spam will be sent a captcha to verify them as a human.

We are also making a change to the ignore command to help users fight against these users. Ignoring a player now ignores their whispers as well.

Happy Hanging!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Captcha Patch

Postby Meandrina » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 pm

does ignore work in dead chat now too?
~Judge Emeritus~
Do you know all the game rules?? Check out the guide: http://bit.do/Juror-Guide

Have you played 150 games? Consider being a juror for the trial system: http://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start If you would like to join the Trial discord server, https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Meandrina
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby KarlBowers » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:48 am

Hmm... That's good news. But what if the owner of the bot is watching the game die while his bot is doing its stuff? Like bot owner watching game then people reported the bot then bot owner answered the catpcha then bot continued its job. Remember that one person can report a player once.
My IGN: An Innocent Guy
Online every friday on ToS

My Discord: KarlBowers#3526
Join the Trial System Discord!(Not Sponsored): https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS

The Introduction Game
KarlBowers
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Kyosji » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:06 am

Server crashed earlier today, and when I got back into a game i was hit for my first captcha request. The statement took me a while to understand what you wanted, as the grammar was horrible. It was something like "The opposite of noisy you are" Some Yoda sounding statement. Once I realize a comma was supposed to be after noisy, but again, there would be multiple answers to a question like that. Wasn't sure if the captcha took multiple answers, or if it was supposed to be exact.

Anyways, even after I was forced to enter my captcha (Which I assume most people had to cause the server crashed), the game was filled with bots, all chatting and spam whispering.

I really don't think this system is working since the crash.
Magic is distilled laziness. Put that on my gravestone.
Kyosji
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Yottawatts » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:25 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Hey Townies!

We are adding a simple question system for new users to help combat the bot problem. Players will not be able to chat until the question is answered. If you fail this captcha too many times it will result in a suspension. If you see a bot or scripter in game report them for spam, even if they aren't spamming. Any user that gets 3 reports for spam will be sent a captcha to verify them as a human.

We are also making a change to the ignore command to help users fight against these users. Ignoring a player now ignores their whispers as well.

Happy Hanging!

Still quiet a few bots. Mostly in casual and ranked practice.

I think it would be more effective to:
1)Have to answer a capcha anytime you are reported(once)
2)The capcha comes if you are reporting for any violation.

This seems like it would be more effective and even if a regular player is reported, i wouldn’t mind answering a capcha before every match to see the bots go.

If it would be possible even new players should do a capcha before they can join a game. This would stop new bot accounts.

Also: Block account creation from known bad emailsites (10minuteemail) and having to verify your account before you can play.

Thank you
-Yotta
Yottawatts
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:12 pm

These users have have found an exploit to avoid the captcha, we are working on shoring up this hole currently. Until they found this hole there were little to no bots. The little that were there would spam until they were reported, then would stop.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby brunoblitzdog » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:50 pm

The game is almost unplayable 6 or 7 bots in one game. nothing is working to stop it.
brunoblitzdog

Return to Announcements