Mobile Releases at 3PM CST!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Mobile Releases at 3PM CST!

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:24 pm

Jerme wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:
Jerme wrote:SHould be out now, I've installed it just now.

Where it's not on store

I've used the search function of the play store. Name is "Town of Salem - The Coven" for me.

Thanks, I tried finding it by town of salem but couldnt

Just type Town of salem the coven
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Sysgen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

Yeah type Town of salem the coven and install it
Sysgen

Postby TheLukundo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

I still got nothing
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby Chemist1422 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:26 pm

I don't see it, is it not on app store?
mist ~ she/her

i guess this is goodbye?
(still here for danganronpa i guess)

stop sending reports to me i'm not a tos game moderator
Chemist1422
FM Game Moderator
FM Game Moderator

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:I don't see it, is it not on app store?

It's not for me, but it is in play store. Maybe it'll come in a while also
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner

Postby TheLukundo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:30 pm

Its definitely not April the first, right?
TheLukundo
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:34 pm

It should be out for both stores.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:34 pm

iOS is being slow as usual. -_- but it is released and should be showing up in search any minute now.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:35 pm

That's nice to hear
Call me Phone Ig

Or Silver because of my old discord name. Or Mikan because of my new discord name. Or Julian as that's my actual name
Phone0Ix

Postby DestructionII » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:44 pm

Is this found in the app store
Game Username: xtallllll
Forum Username: DestructionII

Role proposals: Vector, Prosecutor, Pythoness
DestructionII
Bodyguard
Bodyguard

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:48 pm

DestructionII wrote:Is this found in the app store

It was released for iOS but the searching isn't finding it just yet. It should be searchable soon. You can try this direct link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/town-of ... ?ls=1&mt=8
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:51 pm

I wish unity port was out it looks cool but mobile is just annoying to use.
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Cut » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:56 pm

Got it on my iPad and the new GUI is a bit overwhelming.

Played a game on it and I'm not a huge fan, seeing as I have to press multiple buttons to get to things such as the graveyard, which were displayed onscreen throughout the entire game previously. The GUI's filled up a huge amount of the screen and felt very overwhelming, although it would probably grow on me if I played more. I also wasn't able to find a way to close any of them, which frustrated me as I always like getting a view of the town and where people are standing as it helps to spot any patterns.

Unless this version of the app stabilises my connection, I'll be going back to the old app. I do thoroughly enjoy the daily brew addition, new art + insta-send feature for wills though, although I can foresee many evils sending it to the chat by accident and it becoming a niche Jester strat in the near future. My preference just ultimately boils down to how it impacts gameplay, and although I'll try to stick with it I can see this newer app being a bit of a nuisance due to the reshuffling of everything for some reason.

Obviously, all of this could be fixed easily if a customisation thing was added so that I could get rid of some unnecessary boxes (my role box etc) and move things around to where they previously were. I absolutely detest that I have to scroll down to get to the names of the latter players; I should be able to see everyone at once to make monitoring votes easier etc.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow and see if my initial distaste for the app was actually warranted.
Cut
Lookout
Lookout

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:02 pm

Cut wrote:Got it on my iPad and the new GUI is a bit overwhelming.

Played a game on it and I'm not a huge fan, seeing as I have to press multiple buttons to get to things such as the graveyard, which were displayed onscreen throughout the entire game previously. The GUI's filled up a huge amount of the screen and felt very overwhelming, although it would probably grow on me if I played more. I also wasn't able to find a way to close any of them, which frustrated me as I always like getting a view of the town and where people are standing as it helps to spot any patterns.

Unless this version of the app stabilises my connection, I'll be going back to the old app. I do thoroughly enjoy the daily brew addition, new art + insta-send feature for wills though, although I can foresee many evils sending it to the chat by accident and it becoming a niche Jester strat in the near future. My preference just ultimately boils down to how it impacts gameplay, and although I'll try to stick with it I can see this newer app being a bit of a nuisance due to the reshuffling of everything for some reason.

Obviously, all of this could be fixed easily if a customisation thing was added so that I could get rid of some unnecessary boxes (my role box etc) and move things around to where they previously were. I absolutely detest that I have to scroll down to get to the names of the latter players; I should be able to see everyone at once to make monitoring votes easier etc.

I'll give it another shot tomorrow and see if my initial distaste for the app was actually warranted.

Thanks for the feedback! Since this is only our initial release, lots of improvements are still coming. For tablets the UI might be too big. On phones its hard to fit everything on the screen without filling it up completely so we have to combine a few things. I think that tablets should have a UI closer to what a desktop user might expect.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Bateman5 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:11 pm

It is not out on the App Store for iphones thoooo..... :(
Bateman5

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Bateman5 wrote:It is not out on the App Store for iphones thoooo..... :(

It was released for iOS but the searching isn't finding it just yet. It should be searchable soon. You can try this direct link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/town-of ... ?ls=1&mt=8
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Phone0Ix » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:21 pm

Look my cool new pet. It also is proof it got released, and that the bundle is worth the money :)
Call me Phone Ig

Phone0Ix

Postby Cut » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 am

PyromonkeyGG wrote:
Cut wrote:Got it on my iPad and the new GUI is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks for the feedback! Since this is only our initial release, lots of improvements are still coming. For tablets the UI might be too big. On phones its hard to fit everything on the screen without filling it up completely so we have to combine a few things. I think that tablets should have a UI closer to what a desktop user might expect.

I feel like the UI is the right size, but that it's rather inconvenient. Like, the right column consists of the graveyard, confirmed town, names/numbers/votes/night actions and so on. It's really cramped and I definitely preferred being able to have everything up at once on the previous app (I want to be able to see every person in the graveyard all game without having to go to the graveyard tab and then scroll down the list etc.) on the previous app in smaller boxes as opposed to having one large box which I have to cycle through to get to what I want to access during that moment. I've played some more and it's much harder to watch votes and keep track of the graveyard due to them both being located in the same box, which only allows you to display one of them at once. I can definitely understand that convenience has to be sacrificed in order for it to be usable on phones, though. Absolute madmen, out here playing a game like ToS on a device that small.

Would also be cool in the confirmed town tab if you could customise it throughout the game yourself (e.g if you witch someone as witch/check as consig and know they weren't framed, transd etc you can write their role under their name so that you don't forget later on.
Cut
Lookout
Lookout

Postby dork3141 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Sweet! I played some mobile earlier today and I can say I definitely approve :D
dork3141

Previous

Return to Announcements