Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Hey Townies!

Today we are here to announce the end of Ranked Season 3, and give you a few other updates.


Ranked Season 3:
We will be ending Season 3 and going into off-season for a short time (a few days) starting Wednesday, 4pm CST. You still have a couple days to climb and try to hit your Ranked goals! Season 4 will be starting not long after the end of Season 3.

Season 3 of Ranked has gone about how we expected. The Jester change bumped up the win rates of evil roles, and brought down the win rates of of the Town.

We did see the effects that the “Jailor Meta” had at certain tiers of play, and want to make a change for this season to help address this to a degree. The change we plan to make that seemed to get quite a bit of support from one of our Dev Update posts is that the Arsonist will no longer die to the Bodyguard or traps when they douse someone. The Arsonist has always been one of, if not the slowest, killer in the game. Due to this we feel that time being their major weakness is appropriate. This means that no protective role in the game can stop an Arsonist from dousing, or igniting a player (outside of a Guardian Angel removing a douse). We believe that this threat of being doused, and not being able to be protected, will help prevent powerful roles from claiming early in the game, as they may be killed by the Arsonist. We will be keeping an eye on the actual effect that this change will have on the game, with ranked specifically in mind. We do not believe this change will hurt any other mode to a serious degree.

With Season 3 coming to a close you will be getting rewards based on what rank you achieved. Anyone who received the rank of Gold or above will receive the Golden Doge pet.

Golden Doge:
Image

Here are all the rewards broken up by each tier.

Bronze
Spoiler: 1,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
Bronze Lobby Icon
Image

Silver
Spoiler: 2,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
Silver Lobby Icon
Image

Gold
Spoiler: 3,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
The Golden Doge Pet
Gold Lobby Icon
Image

Platinum
Spoiler: 4,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
The Golden Doge Pet
Platinum Lobby Icon
Image

Diamond
Spoiler: 5,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
The Golden Doge Pet
Diamond Lobby Icon
Image

Master
Spoiler: 6,000 Merit Points
3 of each of the following taunts: Celebrate, RIP, Accursed, Defiled
The Golden Doge Pet
Master Lobby Icon
Image



Unity Port Update:
We have been making leaps and bounds of progress with the Unity port, it is looking absolutely fantastic. The port feels much smoother, it looks much better, and gives Town of Salem a much more polished feel. Look forward to another announcement in about a months time! We will be announcing the release date then. I have seen several people respond to our previous update post with all the screenshots from the mobile version of the port, and it has been overwhelmingly positive. If you haven’t seen the new updates we are making with Unity check some of them out below!

Login:



Home Screen:



Day to night fade gif:
https://i.imgur.com/Y9julJX.mp4
Special abilities menus/targeting menu:

In this image you can see how the new targeting menu works. Some special menus were removed, like the Jailor’s, and you are able to just select a player during the day and select to jail them.

Next to the targeting menu here you can see that roles with a special action that doesn’t target anyone/can only target one player is an clickable icon now. This will show for things like Bodyguards that have a vest left, or Arsonists who can ignite.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby KarlBowers » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:42 pm

ooohh, so excited for S3 to finish and the Unity Port. I like the look of it too!
My IGN: An Innocent Guy
Online every friday on ToS




My Discord: KarlBowers#3526
Join the Trial System Discord!(Not Sponsored): https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS

The Introduction Game
User avatar
KarlBowers
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:45 am
Location: Where Generation Z is crap (UTC +8)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Unity looks cool. I'm looking forward to playing it, but I'll have to wait for it to come on the browser version (I believe it's coming to mobile first, but correct me if I'm wrong)! :D

Sure the Arso change can help increase its winrate a little bit, but I don't think it will stop people from claiming. I expect the Jailor D1 meta to stay the same because Mafia/SK is still a threat that night and potentially Werewolf on full moons. Dousing the Jailor N1 and igniting N2 is a dumb play as Arso and still risks being seen by a Lookout. Yes douses are silent, but if 2 people visit the Jailor N1 and only 1 N2 (and they're a repeat visitor), the Arso is outed.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:50 pm

Unity will come to mobile first, but Browser and Steam should come soon after. :)

This is something that we think may result in the Jailor meta falling out of favor. We will be keeping an eye on it to see what effect it actually has though. We know that it may kill it completely, but are looking to see what it does. Regardless we feel that this is a good change for the Arsonist over all.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 4609
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby chitownmvp01 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:52 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:Unity will come to mobile first, but Browser and Steam should come soon after. :)

This is something that we think may result in the Jailor meta falling out of favor. We will be keeping an eye on it to see what effect it actually has though. We know that it may kill it completely, but are looking to see what it does. Regardless we feel that this is a good change for the Arsonist over all.


I agree with the Arso change because it's slow at killing and it's win rate needs to be increased, but I don't expect it to have any impact on the Jailor meta.
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby Djaouida » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:45 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:the Arsonist will no longer die to the Bodyguard or traps when they douse someone.

Let me express my professional thoughts: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

shapesifter13 wrote: We believe that this threat of being doused, and not being able to be protected, will help prevent powerful roles from claiming early in the game, as they may be killed by the Arsonist. We will be keeping an eye on the actual effect that this change will have on the game, with ranked specifically in mind. We do not believe this change will hurt any other mode to a serious degree.

This should help solve the jailor meta. Which has been annoying for quite some time.

shapesifter13 wrote:The port feels much smoother, it looks much better, and gives Town of Salem a much more polished feel

I can feel it just by lookng at the screenshots! Now we await what it looks like on Browser/PC
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 471
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:08 pm
Location: Brandon Manitoba, Canada

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby ARandomDouche » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:49 pm

I saw the GIF file of the night fading to day. It looks cool, but UI looks whack.
Introducing V2 of the Time Keeper:

Image
User avatar
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am
Location: Virginville (Not really)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby ARandomDouche » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:09 pm

As for the Jailor meta, it would be delayed until D2 or D3 if should a Serial Killer kill during N1 or a Werewolf mauls on N2.
Introducing V2 of the Time Keeper:

Image
User avatar
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am
Location: Virginville (Not really)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby Sl007 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:25 pm

oh on the day to night changing gif on the rolelist it says coven town protective does that mean it can only be trapper or crusader?
Sl007
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby KarlBowers » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Sl007 wrote:oh on the day to night changing gif on the rolelist it says coven town protective does that mean it can only be trapper or crusader?

What?
My IGN: An Innocent Guy
Online every friday on ToS




My Discord: KarlBowers#3526
Join the Trial System Discord!(Not Sponsored): https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS

The Introduction Game
User avatar
KarlBowers
Retributionist
Retributionist
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:45 am
Location: Where Generation Z is crap (UTC +8)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby shelboo » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

KarlBowers wrote:
Sl007 wrote:oh on the day to night changing gif on the rolelist it says coven town protective does that mean it can only be trapper or crusader?

What?

In the gif linked in the original post: https://i.imgur.com/Y9julJX.mp4
You'll see "COVEN TOWN PROTECTIVE" in the role list at the top left.

Because it specifically says "Coven Town Protective" instead of "Town Protective", the user is asking if that slot is specifically just for Protective roles which are found in the Coven expansion. That being Trapper and Crusader.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

Image
User avatar
shelboo
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator
 
Posts: 1733
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:17 am

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby Sl007 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm

shelboo wrote:
KarlBowers wrote:
Sl007 wrote:oh on the day to night changing gif on the rolelist it says coven town protective does that mean it can only be trapper or crusader?

What?

In the gif linked in the original post: https://i.imgur.com/Y9julJX.mp4
You'll see "COVEN TOWN PROTECTIVE" in the role list at the top left.

Because it specifically says "Coven Town Protective" instead of "Town Protective", the user is asking if that slot is specifically just for Protective roles which are found in the Coven expansion. That being Trapper and Crusader.


what she said
Sl007
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:31 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby chitownmvp01 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:05 am

good catch
Spoiler: Image

Spoiler:
Image
Thanks Burgy!

Thanks Achro!: Spoiler:
Chitsticks INC.


Favorite Roles: Mayor, Jailor, Investigator, Lookout, Sheriff, GF, Consigliere
Least Favorite Roles: Transporter, Jester, Survivor, Disguiser, Mafioso (original, not promoted)
User avatar
chitownmvp01
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XI] Winner
 
Posts: 8828
Joined: Thu May 01, 2014 4:50 am
Location: Chicagoland (CST/UTC-6 or CDT/UTC-5)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby Schultz128 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 am

The main issue with Arsonist's design is the inconsistent and slow KPN (kill per night).

I feel that buffing every other aspect of Arsonist to absurd levels rather than tackling the main issue of the role is poor role design. It's a lazy band-aid fix.

On top of that, Investigator and Framing mechanics are just poor design overall.
User avatar
Schultz128
FM Awards: Creator
FM Awards: Creator
 
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:09 am

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby kuono » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

My two cents: arso should keep dying to BG but should douse every visits for his target.

Mafia needs a buff too. There needs to be a LO equivalent for maf IMHO. This can strongly prevent jailor meta.

BTW jailor meta will still be on with this patch, because jailor might be doused but they have a good 1-2 days period before arso ignites and LO will see him. You can't win as arso.
kuono
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby orangeandblack5 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:16 pm

holy shit the Arsonist/BG interaction change got added

Don’t really know how bypassing traps affects it but I can only hope that’s good too for the same reason

Mafia still probably need an Osservatore (Watcher is a bland name, fight me) imo for the Jailor meta thingy to actually start being weaker

Definitely looking forward to the Unity port, will give me a good reason to come back and start playing again :)
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

1. The Jester buff was absolutely terrible. #MakeJesterNB

2. out of all the broken things in the game you Implemented this... there were much better things you couldve done even though I necessarily dont disagree with this

Sheriff, Invest, Spy, Ret, Mayor, Trans, BG, Vig, Jailor, Godfather, Blackmailer, Forger, Framer, Disguiser, Werewolf, Witch, Jester, Exe needed fixing first

Also stop making changes without discussing with us first. I don’t want to be to toxic or anything, but as 4 years of history as shown, youre not good at balancing but you dont have to keep denying it and making changes on ur own

Calling it now, this will lead the game downhill and eventually kill it

orangeandblack5 wrote:holy shit the Arsonist/BG interaction change got added

Don’t really know how bypassing traps affects it but I can only hope that’s good too for the same reason

Mafia still probably need an Osservatore (Watcher is a bland name, fight me) imo for the Jailor meta thingy to actually start being weaker

Definitely looking forward to the Unity port, will give me a good reason to come back and start playing again :)

Replace Blackmailer’s blackmailing ability with a Lookout ability, EZ

Edit:
kuono wrote:My two cents: arso should keep dying to BG but should douse every visits for his target.

Mafia needs a buff too. There needs to be a LO equivalent for maf IMHO. This can strongly prevent jailor meta.

BTW jailor meta will still be on with this patch, because jailor might be doused but they have a good 1-2 days period before arso ignites and LO will see him. You can't win as arso.

Its reverse WW then and WW is awful
Last edited by BasicFourLife on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby BasicFourLife » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:21 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:holy shit the Arsonist/BG interaction change got added

Don’t really know how bypassing traps affects it but I can only hope that’s good too for the same reason

Mafia still probably need an Osservatore (Watcher is a bland name, fight me) imo for the Jailor meta thingy to actually start being weaker

Definitely looking forward to the Unity port, will give me a good reason to come back and start playing again :)

Replace Blackmailer’s blackmailing ability with a Lookout ability, EZ

Edit:
kuono wrote:My two cents: arso should keep dying to BG but should douse every visits for his target.

Mafia needs a buff too. There needs to be a LO equivalent for maf IMHO. This can strongly prevent jailor meta.

BTW jailor meta will still be on with this patch, because jailor might be doused but they have a good 1-2 days period before arso ignites and LO will see him. You can't win as arso.

Its reverse WW then and WW is awful
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby TwoSidedBot » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:09 pm

BasicFourLife wrote:Also stop making changes without discussing with us first. I don’t want to be to toxic or anything, but as 4 years of history as shown, youre not good at balancing but you dont have to keep denying it and making changes on ur own

Calling it now, this will lead the game downhill and eventually kill it



Dude, you can't act like TG has some sort of authority over BMG. We're here to help them, not to be assholes to them. I agree with your point, but you could have been more respectful.
i will produced baby for you

Spoiler: discord: snaek#6564
User avatar
TwoSidedBot
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Location: viewbotting townie man

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby theonets » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:43 pm

I love the Arso change, will give a chance for Arso to win
theonets
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby ARandomDouche » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 pm

theonets wrote:I love the Arso change, will give a chance for Arso to win

How so? We can't ignore the elephant in the room that's the Ranked Meta and the Arsonist's slow KPN. This does barely anything.
Introducing V2 of the Time Keeper:

Image
User avatar
ARandomDouche
Veteran
Veteran
 
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:59 am
Location: Virginville (Not really)

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby MegaLT » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:19 pm

ARandomDouche wrote:
theonets wrote:I love the Arso change, will give a chance for Arso to win

How so? We can't ignore the elephant in the room that's the Ranked Meta and the Arsonist's slow KPN. This does barely anything.


at least 20% of arsonist deaths are caused by TPs, so this change would minimize arsonists death at night.
MegaLT
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:38 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby lemonader666 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:45 pm

MegaLT wrote:
ARandomDouche wrote:
theonets wrote:I love the Arso change, will give a chance for Arso to win

How so? We can't ignore the elephant in the room that's the Ranked Meta and the Arsonist's slow KPN. This does barely anything.


at least 20% of arsonist deaths are caused by TPs, so this change would minimize arsonists death at night.

proof?
Image
theres comfort at the bottom of the swimming pool
User avatar
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1534
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:01 am

ARandomDouche wrote:
theonets wrote:I love the Arso change, will give a chance for Arso to win

How so? We can't ignore the elephant in the room that's the Ranked Meta and the Arsonist's slow KPN. This does barely anything.

You’re wrong there buddy. This change does absolutely everything. Now you can douse the Jailor claim always N1. Even if there is a Lookout, then there would be like 2-4 other visitors, and you could cause multiple mis-lynches until Scum majority. But this starts a new meta.

I’m the Ret/Mayor/Trans, everyone be on me Meta! Because Ret can rez N2 before Arso can ignite. Mayor can confirm itself and it dying in order to confirm a bunch of Townies isnt a big deal. Trans can self trans to someone else causing that second target to be doused but all other Lookouts/TPs/Escorts/Spies will visit the 2nd target still confirming each other. And the reason I chose these 3 roles is because Scum cant claim them. And there’s +70% of one appearing in every Ranked game.

If nothing else, I will create that meta to prove the Devs that this change doesn’t fix this cancer.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot I dont play ToS anymore.

Edit-2: @Shape - I understand that you guys are making Unity but there are so many changes that could be done with a small change in the code. For example, making Jester NB or making Blackmailer a Lookout copy which can read whispers etc.
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1532
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Coming Soon!: Patch 2.3.2 End of Ranked Season 3

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:43 am

TwoSidedBot wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Also stop making changes without discussing with us first. I don’t want to be to toxic or anything, but as 4 years of history as shown, youre not good at balancing but you dont have to keep denying it and making changes on ur own

Calling it now, this will lead the game downhill and eventually kill it



Dude, you can't act like TG has some sort of authority over BMG. We're here to help them, not to be assholes to them. I agree with your point, but you could have been more respectful.

Definitely agree with this - I may not always agree with the decisions BMG makes (and sometimes I really hate them), but it is a game they made and they have complete creative control over it. They’ve done pretty darn well for themselves, and even though I’ve always felt that the game could be much more competitive with some changes, there’s no reason to believe that my views are superior or deserve to be heard more. If BMG chooses to listen to my suggestions, great! If not, that’s cool too. I don’t need to be consulted on everything, and in fact it would probably be detrimental if I was. We didn’t create the Testing Grounds for leverage to take control of the direction the game is going, we made it because it was a fun place to test new roles and other tweaks with the community. So even though I do agree with your suggestions, I must strongly disagree with your delivery.
Image
SwampRabbit wrote:So basically, your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

No offense but that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

Spoiler: Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
User avatar
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner
 
Posts: 5496
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:24 pm
Location: University of Michigan


Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests