Town of Salem's The Savior Of Salem!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Town of Salem's The Savior Of Salem!

Postby halfmonk » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Another Vegas trip ;) .
halfmonk
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Jotthew » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

Frankly guys, we don't know for sure if this is going to just be a ripoff of munchkin. Instead of whining about it, either don't buy it or actually wait until we have some details on the game!
Jotthew

Postby JazzMusicStops » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:59 am

I mean the opening post literally describes the gameplay of Munchkin, with a few minor exceptions

Spoiler: I'm probably just going to lurk forever, posting occasionally
But if there ever comes a point where my account speaks its last
Know that it was a pleasure to be here, especially in Forum Games
During my teenage years, this place was my first real community
Thank you all so much for playing silly games with me
I'll never forget you
JazzMusicStops
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby shelboo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:11 am

In regards to the Munchkin comments.... (Bolded the part about it but am displaying the entire quote)

Hey Everyone, I wanted to chime in here. I will start by addressing the OP:

As stated in the post this Kickstarter did not take away in any capacity from the development of the online game. This is just expanding out brand and our tabletop division. This is how companies grow. All of the programmers are still hard at work on the Unity port of the game to move away from Flash and improve the game.

The reason for a Kickstarter is to gauge community interest. Kickstarter isn't a business model, but it is great for allowing companies to create the beginnings of a product, and see if people are interest with a commitment in terms of money. You can always ask your community if something is interesting, and you may see a large portion say yes, but when it comes time to buy it many won't. as a user later in the thread stated it also helps to build hype and make the people backing the game feel they are part of a community coming together to help create something.

Now to address some of the comments I have seen.

Our initial game is built off of our vision of an improved version of an already existing game Mafia, or Werewolf. With this in mind it makes sense that we would look to try to improve other games that we love to play. We are gamers at BMG, and we love to play tabletop games. We know that not all games are perfect and we look for ways to improve them when we play all the time.

Someone also suggested that the Coven expansion isn't doing well, this isn't really true, we aren't losing money due to the Coven. The Coven added another revenue stream and is helping to cover the costs of porting to Unity.

I honestly don't feel like we stole an idea and tweaked it. I feel that we took a game that we enjoyed playing and are trying to fix the problems we felt the game had. We felt that munchkin fit our theme well with the aspects of back stabbing and working together.

(Reference)
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Postby pubio » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 am

I'd be more than happy to kick in a few bucks and support this kickstarter if they'd simply fix ranked.

They aren't going to, so I'm not going to. It's that simple.
pubio
Witch
Witch

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:25 am

pubio wrote:I'd be more than happy to kick in a few bucks and support this kickstarter if they'd simply fix ranked.

They aren't going to, so I'm not going to. It's that simple.

What fixes? other then the elo bug? (It's still possible if you just refresh or close tab and go into another ranked)
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:17 am

The stupidity of players is another thing that can be fixed (and yes, you CAN do something about it by making stupidity reportable in ranked).
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:22 am

mdb1023 wrote:The stupidity of players is another thing that can be fixed (and yes, you CAN do something about it by making stupidity reportable in ranked).

Reporting players don't do much even if you post in on the forums... It shouldn't be reportable if a player makes a mistake.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:02 am

There's a difference between making a mistake and hanging a transporter in the final 3 because you can't keep track of people's claims and the rolelist.

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:07 pm

mdb1023 wrote:There's a difference between making a mistake and hanging a transporter in the final 3 because you can't keep track of people's claims and the rolelist.

Maybe they should make ranked bans for stupid players, banning a player for playing stupid is a little too harsh.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby mdb1023 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:25 pm

that's what i was getting at

mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby Soulshade55r » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:30 pm

mdb1023 wrote:that's what i was getting at

Fair enough I can't remember how many times a dumb player has made me lose elo.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby EVEILMINION » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Only donating for the Exclusive TOS game stuff >.> Also why is Mr Moneybags Jr only in a $250 plus tier? I already have unlimited town points.
EVEILMINION
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby shelboo » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:30 pm

EVEILMINION wrote:Only donating for the Exclusive TOS game stuff >.> Also why is Mr Moneybags Jr only in a $250 plus tier? I already have unlimited town points.

It does seem a bit strange that the goodies basically jump from $25 .... to $250.
There doesn't appear to be lobby icons this time around for donating a certain amount. Same with having a colored username for the forum / having a special flair.
Click here to send TrialBot a message where you will receive all reports ever filed against your account.
Just click on that link and then select "Submit" towards the bottom of the message.

shelboo
Halloween 2015 Winner
Halloween 2015 Winner

Previous

Return to Announcements