Patch 2.1.0 Ranked Season One Begins!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 2.1.0 Ranked Season One Begins!

Postby DyslexicTaco » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Will there be a bug fix on this typing lag? Ranked is the only mode with lag during the day cycle of the game. It's frustrating especially in situations when you get put on the stand and can't say anything because the typing lag is so bad and then everybody says report for game throwing.
DyslexicTaco

Postby OmgMyNameWontFi » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:33 am

The New ranked list sucks.
OmgMyNameWontFi

Postby BlingBlingDaBunny » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:13 am

I do not enjoy the new ranked list at all. I have now given it a chance for a few months, but the games are just not nearly as fun. There is no wiggle space for claiming, and there are no fun surprises with the Any being removed. I loved the occasional game with 2 NKs, or 2 NEs. Or maybe even vamps. Now, it's paint by numbers every single game. After a couple of days it's clear who is evil and who is not.

I miss the amnesiac swinging the games. They made a great adjustment to the amnesiac allowing them to remember unique evil roles...and then took them out of ranked so it didn't matter anyway. Ugh.

I liked the idea that any role in the game could show up in ranked.

I understand why changes were made for balancing issues. But once they added one basic defense to witch, and adjusted the spy, I think it gave evils a better chance. I also understand that people want competitive modes to be less swingy. However, it's the only mode where trolling isn't rampant, and I'd like to play against people who are actually trying with a good role list. Ranked is the only place for that, but the games are also so much more boring with this role list.

Please consider going back to the old list that included an Any. For the sake of making the games more diverse.

Anyone agree, disagree?
BlingBlingDaBunny
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby mdb1023 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:52 am

An any slot adds too much swing and "fun surprises" are bad for competitive play.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby dyaomaster » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:21 am

BlingBlingDaBunny wrote:I do not enjoy the new ranked list at all. I have now given it a chance for a few months, but the games are just not nearly as fun. There is no wiggle space for claiming, and there are no fun surprises with the Any being removed. I loved the occasional game with 2 NKs, or 2 NEs. Or maybe even vamps. Now, it's paint by numbers every single game. After a couple of days it's clear who is evil and who is not.

I miss the amnesiac swinging the games. They made a great adjustment to the amnesiac allowing them to remember unique evil roles...and then took them out of ranked so it didn't matter anyway. Ugh.

I liked the idea that any role in the game could show up in ranked.

I understand why changes were made for balancing issues. But once they added one basic defense to witch, and adjusted the spy, I think it gave evils a better chance. I also understand that people want competitive modes to be less swingy. However, it's the only mode where trolling isn't rampant, and I'd like to play against people who are actually trying with a good role list. Ranked is the only place for that, but the games are also so much more boring with this role list.

Please consider going back to the old list that included an Any. For the sake of making the games more diverse.

Anyone agree, disagree?

I'm gonna advertise my "Casual mode" here :P
We need somewhere with serious players and a fun rolelist. But it can't be Ranked.
"Research has it that 47% of quotes are fabricated using true statistics."
-Alfred Wolman, 1997

Did I just say something about Coven? Don't trust me, I don't own it.

we need help
dyaomaster
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby BlingBlingDaBunny » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:15 am

mdb1023 wrote:An any slot adds too much swing and "fun surprises" are bad for competitive play.

It can be competitive and fun at the same time. The new role list is not a facilitator of fun, and it's hurting activity.
BlingBlingDaBunny
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby mdb1023 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:50 am

BlingBlingDaBunny wrote:
mdb1023 wrote:An any slot adds too much swing and "fun surprises" are bad for competitive play.

It can be competitive and fun at the same time. The new role list is not a facilitator of fun, and it's hurting activity.

Fun is subjective. I don't find the old rolelist "fun" and I don't find noncompetitive modes fun. Many of you may disagree. If you want fun, take it to a different gamemode.
Discord: Finn#5059

http://www.twitch.tv/mikeakafinn?sr=a

Do you like Mafia? You'll love Survivor, and and we're hosting games of them all the time! It's super easy to join and learn how to play, and the best part is- it's all on discord! Join the Finnvivor discord server to see when signups for a new game go up! Click here to join the server or DM me on discord for details! !
mdb1023
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Location: At work, rehearsal, or finishing whatever I pushed off to the last minute this time.

Postby andilin1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:51 pm

#addmorecancer(vamps)
THE

FM

AUTIST

Really fucking bad at speaking English too :P
andilin1
Spy
Spy

Postby andilin1 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:55 pm

mdb1023 wrote:Vampire absolutely should NOT appear in ranked games, nor should any neutral chaos role for that matter. Chaos is not for competitive play. As for the any slot, it was too swingy- it either made town or maf extremely overpowered and you never knew for sure how many scum are left which you absolutely should know. As for NB, it's far too townsided for Ranked.

umno

#vamps are great
THE

FM

AUTIST

Really fucking bad at speaking English too :P
andilin1
Spy
Spy

Previous

Return to Announcements