The PTR is open!!!!!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: The PTR is open!!!!!

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:50 am

Have you changed your password since you made the account? If so, change the password back, and it should work. If not, then unfortunately you won't be able to use the PTR. Apologies.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Moony334 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Has anyone else not even been able to get in a game???
Moony334

Postby VoltageAnH » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:43 pm

CarpetHamster3 wrote:The fact that the role list is changing is so bad. IMO this role list is perfect as it actually has a same playing level for each faction. If this is going to be switched with the role list in Ranked Practice i will thoroughly be dis appointed as this role list favors the Mafia more than ever. All aside i think the jailor's new death note is really good and giving spy a new buff is such a good thing. spy has been such an easy role to claim for mafias and this buff makes it hard again.

Devs are testing new role lists because they are trying to switch the game up and make it interesting again. I honestly love them switching the rolelist for Ranked, just not this one in its current state. They will tweak it here soon.
(Insert some cancer Anime pictures/gifs here)
VoltageAnH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby enigmanerdYT » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:42 pm

I feel like the spy change was inspired by my wikia agent role idea
Hey, you might know me as iiEnigma on the Wiki, and I go by Idk in all game modes. Say hi if you see me!
Consider subscribing? YT: iiEnigma

Favorite Role: Consigliere
Least Favorite: Bodyguard

Favorite Role Suggestion: Agent (see wikia)
enigmanerdYT

Postby alex1234321 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 pm

I really do not like the Spy change. For the reasons that us forumers have stated for a long time, even seeing Mafia visits is bad as it inherently harms Mafia members structurally. Also, the bugging thing could lead to a lot of confirmablility in my opinion since Spies could bug someone then tell them what happened to them. Also, if a Lookout is also on them, this could be brokenly overpowered.

I am also not a fan of the Jailor execution reason note. Jailors can confirm very easily and almost never even use the death note to self confirm. Also, people often come up with innovative and abstract plays that may not fit in with the reasons listed. If certain reasons like policy executions and lowering claimspace are added, then people can easily use them to gamethrow and use those reasons as an excuse.

While these changes are not perfect in my opinion, they are still a step in the right direction.
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby PremedScroll » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:03 am

It's a bit difficult to try out the new changes when there's reportedly only 6 users online on the PTR...

Guess I was too late to the party and will have to wait for the patch to go live. Ah well.
90% of Witch deaths are caused by Mafia!
Confirmed.
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄
░░░█░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░▀▀▀▄░░░░▐█░░░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀▄░░░▀█▄
░░█░░░░▀░▐▌░░▐▌░░░░░▀░░░▐█░░░░░░░░▀░▐▌░░▐▌░░░░█▀
░▐▌░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░▐█▄▄░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░▐▌
░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
PremedScroll
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Nightcore4life » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Tbh, this is just going to make the spy very OP.. it basically says "lets make the spy do what it use to do and do exactly what a lookout can do." In my opinion, it'd be better if spy got its usual "see mafia chat at night" ability. that's all that needs added to him.
Nightcore4life

Postby Jerme » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 pm

Nightcore4life wrote:Tbh, this is just going to make the spy very OP.. it basically says "lets make the spy do what it use to do and do exactly what a lookout can do." In my opinion, it'd be better if spy got its usual "see mafia chat at night" ability. that's all that needs added to him.

Seeing the Mafia chat is broken and would destroy the Mafias abilty to discuss stuff at night, thus it is good that it got removed.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby alex1234321 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Is there a list of reasons that the Jailor has to execute someone anywhere on here?
#SaveTheTG

Tired of trying to play discord Mafia games and not getting enough people? Join Town of Morons! We now have our own bot!

Credit to PurpleSidewalk1
alex1234321
Role Ideas Moderator
Role Ideas Moderator

Postby VoltageAnH » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:24 pm

alex1234321 wrote:Is there a list of reasons that the Jailor has to execute someone anywhere on here?

No, but i assume they are going to be like No role given, no will, etc...
Maybe they will add "They didn't follow my metagame strategy, so I had to exe them" :^)
(Insert some cancer Anime pictures/gifs here)
VoltageAnH
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Bory » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:42 pm

One suggestion, since you are testing coven ranked in PTR also, why dont make this move: make coven expansion free in it and announce it in normal realm. I believe it would drag lots of peaple to PTR and queues would no longer be problem. Also from the game I managed to played on PTR I noticed, that "survivor hate" isnt in jailor execution list.

If not, ban at least ranked games (leave practice) so we know how many players is where.
Bory

Postby tiredsucculent » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:05 am

alex1234321 wrote:I really do not like the Spy change. For the reasons that us forumers have stated for a long time, even seeing Mafia visits is bad as it inherently harms Mafia members structurally. Also, the bugging thing could lead to a lot of confirmablility in my opinion since Spies could bug someone then tell them what happened to them. Also, if a Lookout is also on them, this could be brokenly overpowered.

I am also not a fan of the Jailor execution reason note. Jailors can confirm very easily and almost never even use the death note to self confirm. Also, people often come up with innovative and abstract plays that may not fit in with the reasons listed. If certain reasons like policy executions and lowering claimspace are added, then people can easily use them to gamethrow and use those reasons as an excuse.

While these changes are not perfect in my opinion, they are still a step in the right direction.

I agree that the changes are a bit iffy.
If you see the name Peachy then its probably me. I mostly play ranked. I like distracting people, Spoiler: and incinerating people until their soul has left their bodies and all that's left is a pile of ash! :D
tiredsucculent
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Chancell0r » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:24 am

Nah, the Spy isn't OP. I've played nearly 30 games in Ranked PTR, and maybe 40 including RP games. I've played with the new Spy a lot. It's a good balance against the 4 mafia.

The first mistake people make with the new Spy is bugging other Townies. The Spy spies on the enemy, not on its allies. Why would you bug a revealed Mayor? He's not going to lie about what happened to him, is he?

Bug players who you think are evil. You're way more likely to see them lie about what happened to them (they won't claim they were rbed, or attacked, or witched etc)
Check out my Competitive Ranked guide for all roles in Ranked.
https://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/v ... =3&t=73489

2k+ elo
Go by Chancellor/Illuminate/Emily in Ranked.
Chancell0r
Transporter
Transporter

Postby Ake2pac » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Very very nice animations...

Ake2pac
Survivor
Survivor

Previous

Return to Announcements