Facebook users please read

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Facebook users please read

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Hello Townies!

We are going to be having the Facebook users of Town of Salem register accounts with us from now on. On your next login, if you try to use the Facebook login, you will be prompted to pick a username and password. This username must be a completely new username as we are not currently supporting linking your Facebook account with an existing forum account.

All your Town Points and purchases will still be on your account after filling out the form. All your friends will get an update with your new username so you won't lose any friends. Nothing will change except your username. You can still use the One Click login through Facebook on the browser version or you can sign in with your new username and password.

"But Why?", you might ask. Well let me give you some reasons.

1.) Steam and the Forums
- Registering an account with us will allow you to use the forums as well as log into the Steam version of the game if you decide to purchase it.

2.) Privacy
- Not many people like having their real name shown in the game. By Registering an account, you will show your username instead of your Facebook name.

3.) Name Recognition
- If you are named 'John Smith' and another 'John Smith' plays our game and says nasty things in the pre-game lobby, people might think you are that person. We want to make sure everyone is unique in our game.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Re: Facebook users please read

Postby Santa07 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:53 pm

Called it was coming soon :D
Santa07
Christmas 2016 Winner
Christmas 2016 Winner

Postby Kinsley » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:03 pm

So excited! Some of my friends on FB have been waiting for this moment. :D
Do you really want to know whether I'm a

Good Witch or a Bad Witch?
Kinsley
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Ninajo1992 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:22 pm

I created the account and none of my things are there.. Also none of my friends
Ninajo1992

Postby elderlypwnage » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:06 pm

SilvaSmoke wrote:Well, this is an interesting situation for me...
But if I may ask, could I safely create a username for my Facebook account and have it merged with my forum account later (using the forum name)? Definitely wouldn't look forward to not being able to play until it is supported...

I'm in the same boat.. I made this account to ask a question on the forum about merging, and I wanted to use that name for when the switch happened. Can I just link my facebook to this account?
elderlypwnage

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:23 pm

We will likely do mergers in the future but we aren't supporting them right now.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Ninajo1992 wrote:I created the account and none of my things are there.. Also none of my friends

You created an account through the popup in the game?
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Arckas » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:14 am

How does the people with the bolded names work on the forums work?
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby Magnasword2 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:34 am

Yeah this makes alot of sense.
https://www.youtube.com/user/magnasword2evo
twitch.tv/magnasword2

Youtuber,Streamer and lover of all strategy games

Names in game: Too many to count.
Magnasword2
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby LevinSnakesRise » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:31 pm

Longinus wrote:What if I want to link this account to my facebook?
I really don't want a third account....

This will be supported later on, but is not currently available. Please do not create a third account. It's bad enough you created a second account. One account is the limit.
Please contact BMG with any questions regarding your account issues;
support@blankmediagames.zendesk.com

Thanks.
LevinSnakesRise
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StlnSP » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm having trouble with this.

When we can still use facebook, i created this account for the reasons no. 2 and 3. In that facebook account, i brought the sheriff skin and the dark horse pet.
But after i see this... Can my facebook accounts coins and purchases transferred into this forum account? please? :(
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby Arckas » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:08 pm

StlnSP wrote:I'm having trouble with this.

When we can still use facebook, i created this account for the reasons no. 2 and 3. In that facebook account, i brought the sheriff skin and the dark horse pet.
But after i see this... Can my facebook accounts coins and purchases transferred into this forum account? please? :(

At this time, you cannot link up a facebook account to an already existing account. This would be called a merger.
However, their are plans for this soon. Right now, I would suggest you play on the account you play the most on and keep getting what you would like. When the merger comes out, then you can do so.
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
Arckas
Vampire
Vampire

Postby StlnSP » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Arckas wrote:
StlnSP wrote:I'm having trouble with this.

At this time, you cannot link up a facebook account to an already existing account. This would be called a merger.
However, their are plans for this soon. Right now, I would suggest you play on the account you play the most on and keep getting what you would like. When the merger comes out, then you can do so.

Okay, i guess i'll keep this account. Thanks.
It's short for Stallion, but you can call me Stin.

FM Record: 0 / 0 / 0

Image Spoiler:
Goodbye, GrandChase.
StlnSP
Disguiser
Disguiser

Postby S1m0n » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:34 am

I guess I won't be using my FB account. I tried the steps in message one and the new FB user has nothing. There are no coins, skins or pets. I am not starting over from zero, so I will remain a "forum user" until you can work the bugs out.

Sincerely,

Simon
S1m0n

Postby WaterColored » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:16 pm

i did this, and the username i chose was RaibaruRivaled...and my town points and achievs and all that arent there.
WaterColored

Postby Nellyfox » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:17 pm

TsukiTheWaterMage wrote:i did this, and the username i chose was RaibaruRivaled...and my town points and achievs and all that arent there.

Linking is currently not available but may be in the future. So choosing a new username means you have to start over, sadly.
Nellyfox
[Forum Mafia V] Winner
[Forum Mafia V] Winner

Postby brazblue » Thu May 21, 2015 1:51 am

steam does not offer this, so i created my game account and got my $5 credit there only to then not be allowed to link my facebook account, i did what was asked and create a new account; however it is being treated as an old account and not being supported. This is a HUGE issue since the steam client doesn't have this feature, as well it has been over a year and still this is not resolved. i do not want to create a third account with a username i do not desire to get my main account useable in steam. so i need these accounts linked, not create a new one. If new accounts can be linked there is zero reason older accounts can not be linked, it is the same database i would think and same script to run to link them, just with more detail to datatable lookup since the account already exist. I would think it was about time this clutter was wrangled and here is my suggestion,

create an account merger page that allows you to link unlimited accounts, allowing the user to enter their main account they want to keep and the one they want everything merged from and then added to this main account. a time limit between allowed mergers would prevent abuse. as well as a max cap of like 10 would probably be reasonable. an account deletion ability could also be on this page.....if this is not already possible.

does anyone know anything on actual plans to resolve this? switching to actual accounts was a great idea, but it still hasn't been fully switched. making one account merger page will fully complete this task and it can be wiped of some white board as a to-do item. i would think the heavy lifting code needed to do this already exist and someone can probably whip up a solution rather quickly. Which is why I would think this should be added quickly, once this is done it will fully fix this issue and help out many people in the same boat as me.

I have seen many people having this issue and i just wanted to bring it back up to see the status on where it is at and get some insight why it wasn't resolved months ago....i assume there is a good reason and i just want to see an update to give insight to people. i don't mean to be rude or anything, just know what's going on :)
brazblue
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ValeforRaine » Thu May 21, 2015 11:52 am

When you made your facebook account, it should have made you choose a username with which you can log in. That's the account you are supposed to link to steam, thus linking your facebook and steam accounts. It confuses me that you mention making an account through steam, since you mention already having an account and should have chosen to link them as many other users have done. (I could be missing something here; I don't have ToS for steam, but this is my understanding of how it's supposed to work). Also, don't claim this has been broken for a year; ToS hasn't been on steam that long.

Also, a way to link accounts is planned for the future, but there are more important things in the works right now.
Sing something new, I have nothing left,
I can't face the dark without
you.
There's nothing left to lose, the fight never ends,
I can't face the dark without
you.

Holding the hand that holds me down.
I forgive you, forget you,
the end.
ValeforRaine
Mafioso
Mafioso

Postby Syrrus » Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:14 pm

Just asked me to sign up... Nothing moved over from Steam login.... Reverting back to steam login.
Syrrus

Return to Announcements