Patch 3.3.1c Update New Ranked Role List!x2

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 3.3.1c Update New Ranked Role List!x2

Postby Soulshade55r » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:20 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:
WarlockedHolmes wrote:The game is not as interesting without more neutral roles, especially without NK. As I mentioned in my previous feedback, it is surprising and very disappointing that NK was removed, particularly right after the NK roles were buffed. There's a reason the mafia lobby in the Coven version is empty all the time.

Perhaps you could drop the 5th mafia role and replace it with an Any role? That way there's an opportunity for additional roles.

Adding an Any slot to Ranked takes all of the flaws of each possible slot and combines them, with the added issue that its ability to go in literally any direction meaning that the role that ends up appearing in the Any slot is likely to determine the outcome of the game.

If you're looking for neutral roles, try the chaos modes. All of them except for CTT feature at least one neutral role.

Tbf theirs no good role list for a semi balanced with randoms setup
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby MettatonOhhYes » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:20 am

I think the mafia's main advantage over the town is unified voting power: sure, the mafia only kills 1 per night, but with their combined votes they can easily get lynches on crucial town members if they know what they're doing. With that being said, 5 mafia is definitely too many. If there's a witch, it's legit game over very quickly. Imagine 6 guaranteed votes out of the necessary 8 even if no one is dead. If mafia and witch vote together, only 2 townies need to defect to give mafia any lynch they want. Mind you, 2 town votes are VERY easy to swing out of a total of 9. And this usually won't happen: mafioso will kill 1 N1, maybe ambusher kills another, maybe witch with vig, etc. And pretty soon mafia has a very quick majority. The town's chances of winning essentially take place during the first 2 days. If they go 2 days without killing a mafia, it's essentially over before it starts. Witch isn't as bad, though, because they don't know who mafia is and aren't as unified. But mafia doesn't need witch to win: witch just makes things a bit easier. To me, this is where the neutral killing plays into all this: the neutral killing was essentially a balancing force that tried to thin out the ranks of the winning faction in the moment: that's how they can keep the 2 main sides fighting while they work their way up to the top. This, to me, is kind of the perfect balancing mechanism for the now strong mafia: a werewolf might go for a townie if the town is winning, but if the mafia is definitely winning then it is in their best interest to kill whoever they think the mafia is.
MettatonOhhYes

Postby orangeandblack5 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 am

Hot take

What if

Instead

We made a role list where, if the Mafia are winning, they earned that advantage through their own good play
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby cob709 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:18 pm

MettatonOhhYes wrote:I think the mafia's main advantage over the town is unified voting power: sure, the mafia only kills 1 per night, but with their combined votes they can easily get lynches on crucial town members if they know what they're doing. With that being said, 5 mafia is definitely too many. If there's a witch, it's legit game over very quickly. Imagine 6 guaranteed votes out of the necessary 8 even if no one is dead. If mafia and witch vote together, only 2 townies need to defect to give mafia any lynch they want. Mind you, 2 town votes are VERY easy to swing out of a total of 9. And this usually won't happen: mafioso will kill 1 N1, maybe ambusher kills another, maybe witch with vig, etc. And pretty soon mafia has a very quick majority. The town's chances of winning essentially take place during the first 2 days. If they go 2 days without killing a mafia, it's essentially over before it starts. Witch isn't as bad, though, because they don't know who mafia is and aren't as unified. But mafia doesn't need witch to win: witch just makes things a bit easier. To me, this is where the neutral killing plays into all this: the neutral killing was essentially a balancing force that tried to thin out the ranks of the winning faction in the moment: that's how they can keep the 2 main sides fighting while they work their way up to the top. This, to me, is kind of the perfect balancing mechanism for the now strong mafia: a werewolf might go for a townie if the town is winning, but if the mafia is definitely winning then it is in their best interest to kill whoever they think the mafia is.

Town has Jailor and TKs, they have higher KPN that mafia do. If the mafia are able to control half the votes, they earned it. But they still need to be careful of TKs. This role list is fine.
I SEE ALL
cob709
Mayor
Mayor

Postby Togechu » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:31 am

I really think the old role list was the most balanced one, especially after the nk buff. But 5 maf isn't bad either, swap more voting power for less killing power is still pretty balanced. I've had plenty town wins and plenty mafia wins with this role list so far.
~Noodle Girl
Togechu
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:34 pm

New thread going on here!: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113013
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to Announcements