Patch 3.3.1c Update New Ranked Role List!x2

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Patch 3.3.1c Update New Ranked Role List!x2

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:29 pm

Hey Townies!

Thank you for all the testing of the new Ranked Rolelist you all have done over the weekend. We hear your feedback on the new list, have looked over our data, and have determine that we missed the mark. We are going to update the list by changing a Random Town to a Random Mafia making the game a 9 v 5 v 1, and we are changing the Ambusher back to a Mafioso to prevent issues of the Godfather getting constantly roleblocked. We know some of you will still not be happy with this as you wanted a Neutral Killing in the list, but we want to give the Town V Mafia list a chance before we get rid of it completely. Please continue to give your feedback! We will be monitoring the data, and that feedback over the coming days. Below is the list that will be going live shortly.

Jailor
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafioso
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Neutral Evil

Edit: New thread here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=113013
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Patch 3.3.1c Update New Ranked Role List!x2

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:36 pm

Oh boy this role list looks kinda cool I don't know how the community will respond to this
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby superdog551 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:40 pm

Looks a lot better to me, gotta try it out to be sure though
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:42 pm

First impressions: wow ok we can have 5 maf/coven in a game cool

Second impressions: still no NK but if you want to get experimental remove Jailor as a guarantee and add an NK, see how that goes
Hiya. I'm a Tactical Mafia Kills supporter.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:43 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:First impressions: wow ok we can have 5 maf/coven in a game cool

Second impressions: still no NK but if you want to get experimental remove Jailor as a guarantee and add an NK, see how that goes

Very unbalanced to have randomly spawning jailors :/
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:49 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
Cookazoo2 wrote:First impressions: wow ok we can have 5 maf/coven in a game cool

Very unbalanced to have randomly spawning jailors :/

*Minecraft flashbacks*

Fair enough.

3 RT seems to be the right amount, Jailor either needs to never spawn or always spawn, and two TI guaranteed is the right amount. Guarantee one of every other role, and I'd say that's about as good as Town'll get for now.

5 Mafia, let's see how it goes.

One neutral evil means 33% chance (plus scrolls :c ) that Mafia gets a bonus member. If NE contained a more wildcard role I'd be down for it.

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 pm

I think 5 mafia makes up for the lack of nk they have very strong voting power but less kill power (just evil kill power can't screw over mafia)

Man tho this has got me in the mood to try this list out

Quick edit

Also I hope the devs see this part but is there a way in the mear future mafioso gets a ability like a ninja aka astral to help combat jailor meta
Last edited by Soulshade55r on Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby MysticMismagius » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:52 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:We are going to update the list by changing a Random Town to a Random Mafia making the game a 9 v 5 v 1, and we are changing the Ambusher back to a Mafioso to prevent issues of the Godfather getting constantly roleblocked.
But the Ambu slot was fine
It did the job of replacing NK's anti-KPN while preventing the swingy bullshit that arises from having an NK slot
Just, please implement TMK, it is the only way this problem will be truly solved
MysticMismagius
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:57 pm

Maybe in future It could be considered I don't know if the devs would rewlly doTMK because it requires a lot of work to be done but it's something I'd support
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Finaleee » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:58 pm

it's way better than the last role list, although it does look a bit shaky, i'll have to play a few games to get my full opinion on it
Finaleee
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:02 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:I think 5 mafia makes up for the lack of nk they have very strong voting power but less kill power (just evil kill power can't screw over mafia)

Quick edit

Also I hope the devs see this part but is there a way in the mear future mafioso gets a ability like a ninja aka astral to help combat jailor meta

yes yes yes yes yes

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:08 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:I think 5 mafia makes up for the lack of nk they have very strong voting power but less kill power (just evil kill power can't screw over mafia)

Quick edit

yes yes yes yes yes

One thing I liked about nks is they had decent tools to deal with it

Only arso was the consistent Jailor killer tho and they'd be outed, while ww would normally wrekt everyone on jailor n2 and sk would find it hard to deal with jailor but add a lot of kpn fire to the mix.

I do think nk suffers from a lot of problems and rather see it gone but they do need to make it fair for evils without making it too powerful.

I think people forget the devs do want to listen and even if they do suggest a hated idea I think the tos community can voice stuff enough for them.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:09 pm

:o

Lemme go try this out
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:11 pm

It's not out on steam far as I know I checked mobile it is for some reason
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Cookazoo2 wrote:5 Mafia, let's see how it goes.

One neutral evil means 33% chance (plus scrolls :c ) that Mafia gets a bonus member. If NE contained a more wildcard role I'd be down for it.

While I definitely like this rolelist alot more than the previous one, it's pretty obvious there's still a disparity between witch and the other 2 NEs. Whaddya think about swapping 1 RM and the NE slot for a guaranteed Witch and a 50/50 between Exe and Jester? Mafia would still mostly retain the 5-man voting power, but it will make it less likely a 6 is gonna occur.

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby RothXQuasar » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:22 pm

Definitely looks better than the 10v4v1. I'm not sure whether I'll like it as much as the old list still, but I'll reserver passing judgement until I try it. I'm certainly interested to see how it goes. I'll come back here with feedback once I've played a few games with it.

I'm curious how well having a 2nd NE slot instead of a 5th mafia would go. If this is a bit of an experimental period, maybe you could try that as well at some point? To be honest, I think there's some potential in a Town v Mafia format. It's just that I really enjoy the 3 faction dynamic, and it helps make Town of Salem feel a bit unique among social deduction games. It'd be neat to have both modes playable at once, but I'm not sure the playerbase is big enough to split it like that. Maybe we can introduce more rotating game modes.

I think ultimately, I would like the ranked mode to have NK, but again I'll give this mode a try before passing too much judgement about it.
RothXQuasar

Postby Cookazoo2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:27 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:One thing I liked about nks is they had decent tools to deal with it

Only arso was the consistent Jailor killer tho and they'd be outed, while ww would normally wrekt everyone on jailor n2 and sk would find it hard to deal with jailor but add a lot of kpn fire to the mix.

I do think nk suffers from a lot of problems and rather see it gone but they do need to make it fair for evils without making it too powerful.

I think people forget the devs do want to listen and even if they do suggest a hated idea I think the tos community can voice stuff enough for them.

Would it perhaps be better to have the Town Vs. Mafia list as a Normal mode in Standard Salem, separate from ranked?

Help balance the Aliens!
Cookazoo2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:36 pm

lemonader666 wrote:

While I definitely like this rolelist alot more than the previous one, it's pretty obvious there's still a disparity between witch and the other 2 NEs. Whaddya think about swapping 1 RM and the NE slot for a guaranteed Witch and a 50/50 between Exe and Jester? Mafia would still mostly retain the 5-man voting power, but it will make it less likely a 6 is gonna occur.

Tbf witch is a 6th mafia member while exe and jester aren't really evils

I do think there's a bigger difference between exe and jester as I feel like jester is literally neutral benign abd exe is slightly evil sided nb
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby DiamondRanger8 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:37 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:We are changing the Ambusher back to a Mafioso to prevent issues of the Godfather getting constantly roleblocked.

Solution while still having Ambusher show up often: Change Random Mafia to Mafia Killing, so it'll randomize between Mafioso and Ambusher, and make it so Ambusher can target Mafia members.
DiamondRanger8
Investigator
Investigator

Postby lemonader666 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:38 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:
lemonader666 wrote:

Tbf witch is a 6th mafia member while exe and jester aren't really evils

I do think there's a bigger difference between exe and jester as I feel like jester is literally neutral benign abd exe is slightly evil sided nb

Yeah I'm the same with ya, I was originally just gonna suggest having Witch and Exe seperately but I figured it would just piss people off since no jester ree
DiamondRanger8 wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:We are changing the Ambusher back to a Mafioso to prevent issues of the Godfather getting constantly roleblocked.

Solution while still having Ambusher show up often: Change Random Mafia to Mafia Killing, so it'll randomize between Mafioso and Ambusher, and make it so Ambusher can target Mafia members.

this

you can email me at lemonader666@gmail.com if need be
lemonader666
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby kiromishiro21 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:48 pm

Is there a possibility that this list is the official list for ranked games? [Town vs Mafia]
And that the old list continues in the classic mode but with this change?

Jailor
Town Investigative
Town Investigative
Town Protective
Town Killing
Town Support
Town Support or Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Random Town
Godfather
Mafioso
Random Mafia
Random Mafia
Neutral Killing

It's complicated ... Because a small change changes the winrate a lot, although drastic winrate changes are normal when players are not used to it.
I think that many will miss being the neutral killing and winning alone, although it is still very complicated (but it is fun)

The mofia has received a strong buff but it still requires a lot of skill to win and that is good. The town has to be able to distinguish the lies and be more tryhard.
Last edited by kiromishiro21 on Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:51 pm

First game was a Mafia win (albeit a slim one), so this bodes well for this list's chances.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby superdog551 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:04 pm

Played a few games and I gotta say, 5 member mafia is really fun. Of the games I've played so far town only won one of them
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:08 pm

superdog551 wrote:Played a few games and I gotta say, 5 member mafia is really fun. Of the games I've played so far town only won one of them

They feel a lot closer tbf I had this one game where vet killed 2 maf and bg killed mafioso n1 but in general it seems pretty good
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:30 pm

There's a player with the ign "Jerkoff" that keeps going around and fucking things up (intentionally using bad plays that aren't considered gamethrowing by the current rules, switching claims randomly, etc.), so it's hard to get an accurate gauge of how good the current list is.

Hopefully they get banned soon enough.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Next

Return to Announcements