Patch 3.3.1b Update New Ranked Role List!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Re: Patch 3.3.1b Update New Ranked Role List!

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:03 pm

lemonader666 wrote:
Soulshade55r wrote:
Brilliand wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:Tactical Mafia might be hard to implement in ToS, where night is only around 30 seconds long. I'm not sure about how good of an idea it is.

It's two button clicks instead of one (in the version Kirize proposed anyway). That's not enough to cause a problem.

Is their a link to this?

Honestly Thinking about it the best way would be a day vote but factional Killer can use their normal ability.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=42974

Would see how dumb players throwing could be a problem aka stupid framer dude goes on Jailor n1 and BG punches his thicc butt.

But we shouldn't balance tos around throwers or dumb people ^^

EDIT:

Actually thinking about it they could have something similar to that big button for self targeting abilities and use that
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:20 pm

Mafia wins are apparently actually possible in this setup. We almost had a perfect game, but one of the Mafia members died to the Jester on the last night because the last Town inno'd.

It helped that a Vigilante was forged into a Bodyguard N1, causing the Retributionist to shoot the Jailor.
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 8:28 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:Mafia wins are apparently actually possible in this setup. We almost had a perfect game, but one of the Mafia members died to the Jester on the last night because the last Town inno'd.

It helped that a Vigilante was forged into a Bodyguard N1, causing the Retributionist to shoot the Jailor.

I mean I remember a Epic game where me a Consig and promoted Ambusher won and survived with the epic help of a jester
This was despite Godfather (day 1) leaving and Bmer being found n1

still doesn't make the list generally good ;I
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby CoolBeanss » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:25 pm

Anyone trying to justify any role list based on mafia kills per night is a total waste of time. At best, we can "assume" a mafia kills per night ratio of maybe 75% compared to a 100% perfect night.

You are making the assumption that every role, who can kill, will. That means they won't be RB'd/Jailed/target an immune/etc.

The whole point of having the NK in the game, in some ways negates that with WW rampage and Arso igniting.
CoolBeanss
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:51 pm

MichaelWesten wrote:Anyone trying to justify any role list based on mafia kills per night is a total waste of time. At best, we can "assume" a mafia kills per night ratio of maybe 75% compared to a 100% perfect night.

You are making the assumption that every role, who can kill, will. That means they won't be RB'd/Jailed/target an immune/etc.

The whole point of having the NK in the game, in some ways negates that with WW rampage and Arso igniting.

No ones justifying the role list based on mafia kills??
I really don't even understand what you are trying to mean by this post
The Whole point of having NK isn't because mafia sometimes doesn't kill? it's to have a third party killer that may speed up the game, also adding another faction to the mix

I think 99% of the community agrees this role list is way too town sided I have not seem one person myself who supports this list but I have seen quite a lot of people actually talk about why NK is bad and why the main evil faction shouldn't rely on someone else to carry their game for them and deal with the jailor meta.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Whiskey » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:28 pm

The new ranked list is way too balanced in favor of town for reasons other people have already detailed - a role blocked or jailed GF immediately reveals them, and without NK around there aren't enough kills for mafia to stand a chance. As the list currently is, the games haven't been very fun to play. In the few games I've played, town usually pities the mafia and tries not to talk/get roles/post results day 1 in order to let mafia have any chance at all at winning. I did win as mafia once, because 1) a town member threw, 2) some townies left, and 3) mayor was confused at the very end and lynched the last town instead of mafia. Basically, it took a series of town misplays to ensure a mafia win.

What I normally like about ranked is the puzzle aspect of being able to figure out roles and slowly rule out who could be mafia. The challenge is part of the fun. This new ranked list makes it so easy to figure out mafia that by day 3, everyone knows and it's just tedious to keep playing, instead of challenging.

I think adding NK back in is crucial, or trying the new ranked list with 5 mafia instead of 4 - something to give a little more power to the evils.
Whiskey
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Sun Nov 08, 2020 11:48 pm

Whiskey wrote:The new ranked list is way too balanced in favor of town for reasons other people have already detailed - a role blocked or jailed GF immediately reveals them, and without NK around there aren't enough kills for mafia to stand a chance. As the list currently is, the games haven't been very fun to play. In the few games I've played, town usually pities the mafia and tries not to talk/get roles/post results day 1 in order to let mafia have any chance at all at winning. I did win as mafia once, because 1) a town member threw, 2) some townies left, and 3) mayor was confused at the very end and lynched the last town instead of mafia. Basically, it took a series of town misplays to ensure a mafia win.

What I normally like about ranked is the puzzle aspect of being able to figure out roles and slowly rule out who could be mafia. The challenge is part of the fun. This new ranked list makes it so easy to figure out mafia that by day 3, everyone knows and it's just tedious to keep playing, instead of challenging.

I think adding NK back in is crucial, or trying the new ranked list with 5 mafia instead of 4 - something to give a little more power to the evils.

I'd love to see some experimental role lists with 5 mafia and maybe one ne, sounds pretty powerful on paper but nk generally wanted to vote aganist town

I do think they should go the no nk route but it meeds a lot of work and improvements done before it's even feasible for ranked.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Rejinleaf » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:24 am

I'm looking at this role list and scratching my head. You spent all that time updating NK roles (the updates were great) just to remove them from ranked?

I don't even feel any motivation to play ranked or even ranked practice now. Shoot I don't even want to watch any of my favorite ToS youtubers - with less killing power for evils and Mafioso gone it just seems so dull and boring.

I would put NK back in right away. You gave them buffs for a reason. IMO it's more exciting to have an extra evil on their own putting pressure on town.
Rejinleaf

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:06 am

Vampires will also make ranked more exciting.
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby azapf2277 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:28 am

This new role list is awful. Evils stand a very small chance at winning with this setup which just makes the game boring even if you're town. you can mislynch multiple people and still easily win now. There is absolutely no balance to the game. Need to remove at a town and bring in another evil role to help balance this out.

Honest question, who thought this role list was going to be a good idea?
azapf2277
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:54 am

azapf2277 wrote:This new role list is awful. Evils stand a very small chance at winning with this setup which just makes the game boring even if you're town. you can mislynch multiple people and still easily win now. There is absolutely no balance to the game. Need to remove at a town and bring in another evil role to help balance this out.

Honest question, who thought this role list was going to be a good idea?

The concept behind it was fine the implementation of a 5v10 with no mafioso is the biggest issue
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:43 am

Oh my god they deleted NK

This is unreal

Thank you thank you thank you
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby orangeandblack5 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:45 am

I don't care if there are minor balance tweaks that need to be made going forward, this is such a huge step in the best possible direction
Spoiler:
SwampRabbit wrote:your idea is that no town should ever be able to confirm themselves as town.

that is the dumbest idea I think I have heard.

ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:53 pm

orangeandblack5 wrote:I don't care if there are minor balance tweaks that need to be made going forward, this is such a huge step in the best possible direction

I agree with this statement :)
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby kiromishiro21 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:08 pm

I will still nostalgically remember the old list but the changes are sometimes not much liked at first. But we must adapt to the new style of play.
Now the mafia must be more careful and use all their skill
Spoiler: Más oscuro que el negro, más sombrío que la oscuridad, combínate con mi carmesí intenso.
Llego la hora de su despertar, desciendan hasta estas fronteras y aparezcan como una distorsión intangible, ¡Explosión!
kiromishiro21
Witch
Witch

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:38 pm

New role list posted based on feedback, and data collected over the weekend: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=112881
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Previous

Return to Announcements