Patch 3.2.4 The Retributionist Reborn

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Patch 3.2.4 The Retributionist Reborn

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 pm

Hey Townies,

Today we are releasing Town of Salem 3.2.4 which includes a design overhaul to the Retributionist role. We've also been listening to the community and made big improvements to the secondary targeting functionality for Retributionist, Necromancer, Witch, Coven Leader, and Transporter. This release also includes a number of other improvements, as well as bug and crash fixes. Check out everything that has changed below!

IMPROVEMENTS
• Game - Retributionist Role has been reworked. It no longer resurrects a single role, once. Instead, it now can raise dead Town members as minions for one night, every night, similar to the Necromancer, but targeted to Town roles only. The Retributionist will have any information their minion receives forwarded to them.
• Game - Updated the following roles to use in-place secondary targeting rather than a slide-out secondary menu: Retributionist, Necromancer, Transporter, Witch, Coven Leader. This means that after you select your first target the targeting menu updates automatically, and you may choose your second target from the exact same place.
• Game - Amnesiac has been reworked to allow remembering unique Town roles, now that a Ret can't revive a unique role at the same time, or after an Amnesiac remembers it.
• Game - Juggernaut now has much better odds to show up in games.
• Game - Taunts from dead players can only be seen by other dead players and the taunt target.
• Game Feedback - Necromancer/CovenLeader/Witch now receive feedback messages similar to the feedback the Retributionist receives.
• Game Feedback - Added Ambusher night feedback when they attack someone.
• Passwords - Requirements for new/changed passwords have been updated to require lowercase, uppercase, digit, and at least one special symbol and min 10 characters, no spaces
• Customization - Selection popups will now open to the first page of items rather than the page that contains your current selection. This addresses an issue where players though they had not received a new item that they had received, which is usually located on the first page.
• Friends List - The number of friends you have is now displayed in the Friends List header.
• Burger Menu - Notification and Friend message counts will now update even if the menu is open.

BUG FIXES
• Friends List - Fixed a crash that could occur when clicking a friend that is in a game in the Friends List.
• Friends List - Fixed a crash that could occur when accessing the Friends List after having already played a game.
• Friend Chat - Chat box placeholder text will now properly show that you cannot chat with an offline friend if the friend goes offline while you are chatting with them.
• Customization - Fixed issue loading the Spaceship background in Customization on WebGL.
• Customization - Fixed issue loading the Love Shack house in Customization on WebGL
• Game Chat - Fixed issue where player could send a message immediately after dying and it would appear as regular chat rather than dead chat, though only Dead could actually see the message.
• Game Feedback - Necromancer reanimate actions are now displayed correctly to teammates.
• Game Feedback - Spy will now get their ability feedback the night they die.
• Game - HexMaster will now wipeout the town if they hex their final target the same night they die.
• Game - Fixed Bodyguard and HexMaster skin positioning in positions 7 and 8.
• Game - Fixed a glitch in the Kunoichi Walking animation.
• Game - Reanimated ambusher will no longer attack roles that attempted to visit but were roleblocked.
• Game - Fixed bug when Jailor was killed by jailing Pestilence.
• Game - AFK logout no longer results in Abnormal Disconnection message on WebGL.
• Game - Fixed disconnection due to ArgumentNullException when receiving role info.
• Game - Fixed disconnection that could occur when validating the game setup in the lobby.
• Game - Fixed disconnection that could occur due to NullReferenceException when revealing role after player lynched.
• Game - Fixed disconnection that could occur due to ArgumentOutOfRangeException when clicking Next or Previous page pips.
• Game - Fixed disconnection that could occur due to NullReferenceException when attempting to show a promo.
• Game - Fixed disconnection that could occur due to NullReferenceException when a character is walking to center for trial.
• ELO - Minimum ELO gains have been fixed.
• Achievements - Improved clarity of Psychopathic Pact wording to indicate that both SKs must be alive to earn the achievement.
• Achievements - Due to change in Retributionist gameplay, changed the Executioner achievement that required a Retributionist to revive their target. You may now earn an achievement for getting your target executed on Day 10 or later.
• Achievements - Retributionist achievements reworked due to change in role mechanics.
• Achievements - Fixed a variety of bugs whereby a role would improperly earn an achievement when reanimated by a Necromancer.
• Server - No longer attempts to send successful hanging message to a Jester that has left the game.
• Server - No longer attempts to send execution message to a jailed player that has left the game.
• Server - Refactored role pointers to prevent server crashes.
• Server - Attack/Defense feedback improved to be more standardized. Temporary defense given by certain roles through game mechanics such as healing now give attackers the 'Your targets defense was to high' feedback.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Patch 3.2.4 The Retributionist Reborn

Postby Gangster8192 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm

pog
Gangster8192

Postby mathboi404 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:05 pm

Don't the achievements need to be reworked now?

(I.e., I don't see the reworked achievements)

NVM, I was fooled by Queen Alex into thinking the patch is already live...
Last edited by mathboi404 on Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mathboi404
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:06 pm

Can Retri be TT?
Favourite Roles (To play)
Spoiler: Town: Jailor
Mafia: Consort
NE: Witch
NB: Guardian Angel
Coven: Necromancer
NC: Pirate
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby Royee » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Game - Amnesiac has been reworked to allow remembering unique Town roles, now that a Ret can't revive a unique role at the same time, or after an Amnesiac remembers it.

I think I am going insane.
Recent Town game - 21A
Recent Mafia game - VFM73
Recent Neutral game - 17B
Royee
Easter 2020 Winner
Easter 2020 Winner

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Royee wrote:
Game - Amnesiac has been reworked to allow remembering unique Town roles, now that a Ret can't revive a unique role at the same time, or after an Amnesiac remembers it.

*Throws up*

two jailor games
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:12 pm

Royee wrote:

The limitation on Amnesiac was only implemented due to unique roles causing issues if multiple were alive in certain scenarios.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby superdog551 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:17 pm

I haven't been keeping up with the other threads so forgive me if this has already been answered but is the retributionist still unique or can multiple now appear in game?
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Confectionery » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:20 pm

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=108841

Thanks for not fixing this, very cool.

Instead you will have more people complain about this when they do get Juggernaut with the increased spawnrate...
Confectionery
Civilian
Civilian

Postby mathboi404 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:28 pm

New Ranked Season hype time. ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN
mathboi404
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby ScarfVendetta » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:28 pm

This update looks really cool. Totally wasn't expecting the Amnesiac and Hex Master buffs. :o

Can't wait for it to go live!
Just some Sheriff who didn't claim until Day 5, and has no leads whatsoever

No need to be alarmed...
ScarfVendetta
Summer 2020 Winner
Summer 2020 Winner

Postby sarysa » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:32 pm

Soulshade55r wrote:Can Retri be TT?

This. I don't see why not and unfair confirmed roles were a driving factor for this change, but there has been no word afaik on this.
Favorite roles: Jailor, Executioner, Consigliere, Witch, Coven Leader, Guardian Angel
Least favorite: Framer, Disguiser, Jester
Most broken IMO:
Jester - Revert the 2.3.0 patch, give a swiss army knife of nighttime annoyance (ala Potion Master) to aid in fooling the town. Just some kind of agency.
Psychic - Game-breaking enough that I made a thread about it.

VIP - The one true mode.
sarysa
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:34 pm

Yes, Ret can be TT
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby Soulshade55r » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:35 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:Yes, Ret can be TT

Yes finally I can play tt without retri not being tt ruining it :D
Soulshade55r
Blackmailer
Blackmailer

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:02 pm

Why does it still say the server is under maintenance?
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby slazzerr » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:03 pm

so boys, whats the new retrib meta?
slazzerr

Postby Trollermo » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:04 pm

AAAwwwww Ret got nerf (now can be cleamed by bad roles ) also now THE RET CAN SHOOT BY DEADS VIGS

"An Amnesiac has remembered that they were a Mayor"

YESSSSSS
"An Amnesiac has remembered that they were a Jailor"

AHHHH MORE EXCITING
Trollermo
Executioner
Executioner

Postby shapesifter13 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:16 pm

The game is back up!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Postby texer » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:07 pm

shapesifter13 wrote:• Game - Retributionist Role has been reworked. It no longer resurrects a single role, once. Instead, it now can raise dead Town members as minions for one night, every night, similar to the Necromancer, but targeted to Town roles only. The Retributionist will have any information their minion receives forwarded to them.

I am assuming that if retri is tt in Town Traitor they will be allowed to reanimate any role, not just town roles, right?
texer
Jester
Jester

Postby OreCreeper » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:27 pm

Okay one thing I dislike so far about this patch is the new generalized attack message thing where if someone is healed, it shows the same message as an immune attack. I just played a game where I attacked the jailor and it told me he was immune. This is confusing as fuck and doesn't really help evils at all. It just makes it more confusing whether you hit healed or NK/NE.
OreCreeper
Vigilante
Vigilante

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:28 pm

A TT Ret will still only be able to use dead town roles.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:29 pm

OreCreeper wrote:Okay one thing I dislike so far about this patch is the new generalized attack message thing where if someone is healed, it shows the same message as an immune attack. I just played a game where I attacked the jailor and it told me he was immune. This is confusing as fuck and doesn't really help evils at all. It just makes it more confusing whether you hit healed or NK/NE.

Exactly. This helps evils quite a lot as now the town will have to think if immune roles were healed or if they are actually immune.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Postby EmeraldCake » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:43 pm

PyromonkeyGG wrote:
OreCreeper wrote:Okay one thing I dislike so far about this patch is the new generalized attack message thing where if someone is healed, it shows the same message as an immune attack. I just played a game where I attacked the jailor and it told me he was immune. This is confusing as fuck and doesn't really help evils at all. It just makes it more confusing whether you hit healed or NK/NE.

Exactly. This helps evils quite a lot as now the town will have to think if immune roles were healed or if they are actually immune.

How so? It only helps against vigilante, which is only one role. Other than that, it just makes it more confusing for mafia and neutral killing.
EmeraldCake
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Postby superdog551 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:10 pm

EmeraldCake wrote:
PyromonkeyGG wrote:

How so? It only helps against vigilante, which is only one role. Other than that, it just makes it more confusing for mafia and neutral killing.

I agree a little bit. I think instead of saying "Your target is immune" It should say "Your target could not be killed" or something along those lines. With everything saying immune it can be pretty confusing since it makes it seem like they have night immunity. By saying "Your target could not be killed" there is no implied immunity and could lessen confusion.
joaodasalmas wrote:Abilities: You can reveal yourself as the King Potato, and now you can't be voted.

My Roles:
Charmer
Oracle
Associate

Get in here and count to 200300 before 2030!
In-game my name is Jay
superdog551
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby PyromonkeyGG » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:25 pm

It says 'your targets defense was too high' which isnt immune. Doctor gives defense, the rolecard has been that way since the keyword rework but it didnt act like it on the server side.
PyromonkeyGG
Developer
Developer

Next

Return to Announcements