Steam Patch 3.1.8 Loading Issues Resolved

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Steam Patch 3.1.8 Loading Issues Resolved

Postby shapesifter13 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Hey Townies,

We have found and resolved the issue related to some people not being able to load the game from their Steam clients. This issue was localized to Windows users who were running on non-English locales. Thank you everybody who helped us pin down this strange issue. We also included a few things related to Catalina compatible for Mac users, and some improvements to our player logging system, so that we can identify future issues more quickly. Here’s the list of changes included in this patch:

CHANGES
• General - Steam now reflects that Town of Salem is compatible with Catalina.
• General - Upgraded Unity IAP SDK to latest version 1.23.1.
• General - Player logs will now include the ToS version info and current date/time of logging.
• Settings - Added Clear Player Prefs button under General tab of Burger Menu.

BUG FIXES
• Loading - Resolved loading issue on non-English locales on Windows.
• Settings - View Player Log now functions correctly on Macs.
• Friend Chat - Fixed IndexOutOfRangeException crash.
• Game - Pirate defense message now shows correctly.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: Steam Patch 3.1.8 Loading Issues Resolved

Postby NateNate60 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:20 pm

This is great! When is the Reconnect feature coming though?
Rolled Jailer Exe Mayor
NateNate60
Witch
Witch

Postby Jerme » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:13 am

NateNate60 wrote:This is great! When is the Reconnect feature coming though?

That is unknown, at first have the unity port be live on all paltforms, then there will be some game updates to start a new season, after that there might be time, but there is no eta on that.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby NateNate60 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:10 pm

Jerme wrote:

That is unknown, at first have the unity port be live on all paltforms, then there will be some game updates to start a new season, after that there might be time, but there is no eta on that.

I think a new Ranked season is the lowest priority change. Sure, it'd be nice, but they should really fix all the bugs and add some reconnection code first. I feel that making a new season should be a more symbolic change that indicates that BMG is done with everything,
Rolled Jailer Exe Mayor
NateNate60
Witch
Witch

Postby Flavorable » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:15 pm

NateNate60 wrote:
Jerme wrote:

I think a new Ranked season is the lowest priority change. Sure, it'd be nice, but they should really fix all the bugs and add some reconnection code first. I feel that making a new season should be a more symbolic change that indicates that BMG is done with everything,

And what if it takes another 6-12 months for a reconnection feature to be done and bug free?

Plus, with a reconnection feature also needs to come an overhaul on the Leaving rules.
No reply to your support ticket after 15 business days? PM me with your ticket number.

You may PM me for clarifications on appeal verdicts, but keep in mind the verdict will not change.

Do you have 151+ games played and want to help rid the community of toxic players and gamethrowers? Join the Trial System today: https://www.blankmediagames.com/Trial/#start

Also, check out the Trial System Discord Server: https://discord.gg/K5SnyJS
Flavorable
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Jerme » Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:18 am

NateNate60 wrote:
Jerme wrote:

There are alot of players demaning a new ranked season, though.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Kaladef » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:39 pm

I agree that the new season should be more of a signal that you guys are mostly done with everything else you have on your plate, a new season isn't going to mean anything if it's just a bunch of rushed fixes that turn out to make things the same or worse. We've had a year to turn ranked into a hilariously salty playground and I don't think you guys taking the time to fix everything on the back end to make the game playable for everyone will be too much of an issue. Fixing ranked and resetting everything would probably cut a chunk out of the increasingly small deadline for Unity and I'd rather be able to continue playing on browser than have a rank reset that doesn't mean more than getting another badge, y'know? From what I've played of the steam version, I'm looking forward to the changeover, you guys are doing an awesome job! Just take your time, I'm sure most of us are willing to wait a lil longer if it means the game is put into a spot that you can more comfortably work through everyone's demands and keep coming out with content.
Kaladef
Witch
Witch

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:51 am

Hi, I’m here to bump this decade old thread and ask when will balance changes start happening? I have incredibly patiently these past 2 years and think it’s time to start again. Also I’m wondering if you’re doing fine with the user rate for Town of Salem right now? Or is someone in trouble here.

Hidden reporting out
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:46 am

BasicFourLife wrote:Hi, I’m here to bump this decade old thread and ask when will balance changes start happening? I have incredibly patiently these past 2 years and think it’s time to start again. Also I’m wondering if you’re doing fine with the user rate for Town of Salem right now? Or is someone in trouble here.

Hidden reporting out

The balance changes will be done once the unity port is completed.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:47 am

Jerme wrote:
BasicFourLife wrote:Hi, I’m here to bump this decade old thread and ask when will balance changes start happening? I have incredibly patiently these past 2 years and think it’s time to start again. Also I’m wondering if you’re doing fine with the user rate for Town of Salem right now? Or is someone in trouble here.

Hidden reporting out

The balance changes will be done once the unity port is completed.

It’s not done?
RNG is never good for any strategy based game. Please learn the definition of what that means, especially if you're one of the people constantly defending it.

FM / TG: 5 - 10 - 8
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Jerme » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:52 am

The port to web has to be completed, the mobile client has to be updated to run on the latest version of the base and iron out some current existing issues and the Steamclient has still some fixes left to solve.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Announcements