Unity Steam Beta Release!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:42 pm

Hey Townies!

I am happy to announce that we will be releasing our Steam beta for the Unity port of Town of Salem tomorrow 7/24/2019 at 6PM CST!

For those who do not know, the Unity port has been the team's main focus for a while now. This port was necessary as the Flash engine, that the game currently uses, will no longer be supported by its creators in 2020. To allow the game to continue existing, porting the game to a new engine was required.

We have made many UI and graphic upgrades with this port. This is a client port, so the server hasn't gone through any changes. This means the game should be functionally the same even if a few buttons might have been moved around.

To participate in the beta, you will need to do the following:

Go to your games library on Steam
Right click "Town of Salem" in the list
Select the "Properties" option
Go to the "Betas" tab
Enter this code into the text field: OpenUnityTesting
Click the "Check Code" button
Now the "unitytest" option should be available in the drop down menu

Be aware this is a beta, so there will be bugs.

If you experience any bugs, or have any feedback, then be sure to make a post here: viewforum.php?f=78

For this beta, you will be playing on the live server. That means if you play ranked, and some error or bug occurs that causes you to lose, that will be permanent. This is your warning that playing ranked on this beta is at your own risk.

EDIT: Check out the Unity Steam Beta Bug Reports for further updates!: viewforum.php?f=78
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Helicooler » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:17 am

OwO, time to play tos for the first time in ages
# 


Last edited by Helicooler on Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Helicooler
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 510
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:55 am
Location: Waiting for the night show.

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby DragonClaw66 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:26 am

Shape, did you have any specific roles/factions/mechanics/etc that you wanted to focus your future balance changes on before anything else? I'm just curious as to what you want to look at after Unity is fully released.
User avatar
DragonClaw66
Summer 2019 Winner
Summer 2019 Winner
 
Posts: 580
Joined: Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:46 am
Location: United States of America

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Chemist1422 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:46 am

Hype!
Image


FM: 29-35
Last: SFM64
Highest BtM placement: 2nd (twice)
User avatar
Chemist1422
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVII] Winner
 
Posts: 827
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:39 pm
Location: Fogbound Lake (UTC-7)

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:27 pm

FINALLY!!
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
User avatar
Villagerlover
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm
Location: Hang on I need to ask Google Maps

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Kears123 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:21 pm

Chemist1422 wrote:Hype!


^ Mom I need my computer fixed, ASAP lol
If you play with someone called "Psychic" there's a 90% chance you found me! :)

FM Record:
Spoiler: 1. 5C, Spy, Mafia win! Absolute NOOB....
2. NFM59, citizen, Mafia won!
3. NFM60 Godfather, town win!
4. 16E Escort, Mafia wins!
5. NFM61 Citizen Town twins!
6. NFM62 Citizen Mafia won!
7. VFM39 ???


is the darkness is on the outside or is it on the inside?
User avatar
Kears123
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:27 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 pm

DragonClaw66 wrote:Shape, did you have any specific roles/factions/mechanics/etc that you wanted to focus your future balance changes on before anything else? I'm just curious as to what you want to look at after Unity is fully released.

dont
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:47 am
Location: UTC +2/+3 - Somewhere hidden

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby HellnoRO » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:27 am

it took them so long to make the same crowded and horrible UI as mobile, and i thought flash was crowded
HellnoRO
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby BeastlyMC956 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:35 am

Would like to have it more to scale for pc rather than mobile but otherwise its great
Favorite Roles: Framer, Amnesiac, Necromancer, Tracker
Least Favorite Roles: Survivor, Executioner, Mafioso, Vigilante

My Roles:
Spoiler: Town:
Witch Doctor - Town (Support)

Mafia:
Luminary - Mafia (Support)

Coven:
N/A

Neutral:
N/A

Image
User avatar
BeastlyMC956
Executioner
Executioner
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:14 am
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Amythyr » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:52 am

Three points:
  • I hate scrolling player/graveyard.
  • Also why is graveyard arranged by number instead of when people died. Having a number is good but list should still be order by time of death.
  • Also it is huge.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
― George Carlin
User avatar
Amythyr
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 549
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 am

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby beybeykess » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:50 pm

Amythyr wrote:Three points:
  • I hate scrolling player/graveyard.
  • Also why is graveyard arranged by number instead of when people died. Having a number is good but list should still be order by time of death.
  • Also it is huge.


Also adding on to this
  • We should be able to do /w [Name]
  • We should also be able to copy and paste our whole will into chat
  • Voting needs to be improved (in the old tos we could see who has votes and how many without having to scroll also we should be able to vote without having to keep scrolling)
#BringBackAmnesiac #AmnesiacLivesMatter #Idon'tremembermyrole #NeutralBenign
beybeykess
Survivor
Survivor
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: Salem

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby shapesifter13 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:46 pm

Be sure to post feedback and bugs in the appropriate places everyone. We do appreciate the feedback though. We know the Ui is a bit large on PC. This means some menus need to be scrolled, but we hope to improve this. We also know the graveyard is ordering by number instead of death order which we will fix. These seem to be some of the bigger pain points and we hope to address them soon.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Soulshade55r » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:54 am

Can fullscreen not be forced I only like playing in windowed.
Burgers and kings
User avatar
Soulshade55r
Sheriff
Sheriff
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:45 pm
Location: Uk

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Koleszar » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:26 am

beybeykess wrote:
Amythyr wrote:Three points:
  • I hate scrolling player/graveyard.
  • Also why is graveyard arranged by number instead of when people died. Having a number is good but list should still be order by time of death.
  • Also it is huge.


Also adding on to this
  • We should be able to do /w [Name]
  • We should also be able to copy and paste our whole will into chat
  • Voting needs to be improved (in the old tos we could see who has votes and how many without having to scroll also we should be able to vote without having to keep scrolling)


Also adding on to this:
[*]We should be able to copy the chat.
[*]We should be able to change the HUD size in a settings menu.
[*]We should not be forced to scroll in the HUD...it makes the game hard to play and annoying at the same time imo.
[*]We should be able to change our map while being in a running game.
[*]We should be able to use scrolls in ranked also, this will lower the chances of people leaving D1 or gamethrowing like my last Sheriff who claimed Executioner just to get hanged so he can go afk because he hated the Sheriff role...
[*]We should be able to see who killed 'em while clicking on them in Graveyard and not searching in chat log.
If you own Town of Salem on Steam, don't forget to apply to our Town of Salem dedicated group. Click here to apply. We're looking to build a great community among Town of Salem players to have fun with.
User avatar
Koleszar
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby 1rubberducky2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:16 pm

Koleszar wrote:
beybeykess wrote:
Amythyr wrote:Three points:
  • I hate scrolling player/graveyard.
  • Also why is graveyard arranged by number instead of when people died. Having a number is good but list should still be order by time of death.
  • Also it is huge.


Also adding on to this
  • We should be able to do /w [Name]
  • We should also be able to copy and paste our whole will into chat
  • Voting needs to be improved (in the old tos we could see who has votes and how many without having to scroll also we should be able to vote without having to keep scrolling)


Also adding on to this:
[*]We should be able to copy the chat.
[*]We should be able to change the HUD size in a settings menu.
[*]We should not be forced to scroll in the HUD...it makes the game hard to play and annoying at the same time imo.
[*]We should be able to change our map while being in a running game.
[*]We should be able to use scrolls in ranked also, this will lower the chances of people leaving D1 or gamethrowing like my last Sheriff who claimed Executioner just to get hanged so he can go afk because he hated the Sheriff role...
[*]We should be able to see who killed 'em while clicking on them in Graveyard and not searching in chat log.


I agree with all of this. The scrolling seems awful and there is no need to have the order of the graveyard sorted by number. Also if you wont listen to these changes can you please make an option to use the old UI? The new one is too blaring, it hurts my eyes!
Screeching noises
User avatar
1rubberducky2
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:40 pm
Location: Somewhere

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Jerme » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:15 am

@Koleszar: Please share your feedback in the linked forum and not in this thread. Its both for bugs and feedback
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:03 pm

Question: Many of the bug fixes and requests have been confirmed as coming in the next release. Any timeline on when the next release will be?
PleaseReadSiege
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 am

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby shapesifter13 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:44 pm

It should be on Thursday.
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer
 
Posts: 4608
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Villagerlover » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:12 am

shapesifter13 wrote:It should be on Thursday.


It is now Friday.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
User avatar
Villagerlover
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm
Location: Hang on I need to ask Google Maps

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby XiuLaterTownies » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:58 am

Villagerlover wrote:
shapesifter13 wrote:It should be on Thursday.


It is now Friday.

It’s already updated since last might.
User avatar
XiuLaterTownies
Witch
Witch
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Villagerlover » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:21 pm

Hey I followed y'alls instructions on the steam client but when I start the game, the normal style and everything still runs even though the unitytest is clearly there.
Am I missing something?
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
User avatar
Villagerlover
Forger
Forger
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:59 pm
Location: Hang on I need to ask Google Maps

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 pm

Villagerlover wrote:Hey I followed y'alls instructions on the steam client but when I start the game, the normal style and everything still runs even though the unitytest is clearly there.
Am I missing something?

Delete your game and redownload it?
PleaseReadSiege
Lookout
Lookout
 
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 1:14 am

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Reint » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:31 pm

PleaseReadSiege wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:Hey I followed y'alls instructions on the steam client but when I start the game, the normal style and everything still runs even though the unitytest is clearly there.
Am I missing something?

Delete your game and redownload it?

I have the same problem, redownloading doesn't seem to help
Reint
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Jerme » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:26 am

Have you selected the beta using the drop down menu in the settings (beta tab)?
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
User avatar
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 21061
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Unity Steam Beta Release!

Postby Reint » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:08 am

I have reinstalled, one time with the unity test still on in the beta tab, and one time with it off, and turning it on after that, both didn't work. (also Mac btw)
Reint
Jester
Jester
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:37 pm

Next

Return to Announcements

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests