7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Announcements made here about the game and the company.

7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Postby shapesifter13 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:18 pm

Hey Townies,

I am excited to say that we should have the Steam beta for the Unity port out by the end of this month! With our recent completion of the purchasing path for Steam users we are in a pre-beta polish phase trying to find and fix bugs, and add the final touches to non-critical to game play features. This would include things like Steam linking functionality, insufficient TP/MP pop-ups, etc. Most of the major feature work is done, or very near done.

We are very excited to get this beta out into users hands, and we will be releasing more information on how to get involved in the beta in the coming weeks. We will be doing a few extra update posts this month leading up to the beta release. Expect more news in 2 weeks, another update a week before the beta launch, and the day before it launches.

Thank you all for you patience while we have been working on the Unity port. We have big plans for the future, and once the Unity port is out we have a lot more time to make improvements to different aspects of the game.

Happy Hanging Everyone!
shapesifter13
Developer
Developer

Re: 7/1/19 Monthly Update!

Postby JustSomeOtherGuy » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:50 pm

Thank you shapesifter13, very cool!
Agent - Role Idea - Neutral Chaos role, undecided on goal.
May work better as a NC Double Agent that also has abilities against Town but must double-cross both the evils AND town, but the goal may be too hard.

Town of Salem - The Underworld [DLC/Faction Idea]

I usually play as anything, now.
JustSomeOtherGuy
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby SirJustin90 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:21 pm

Awesome to hear! It's finally here. (Well almost)
SirJustin90

Postby Villagerlover » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:38 pm

Hurray!!

I can't wait!
I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:09 pm

Villagerlover wrote:Hurray!!

I can't wait!
I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely
I hope it does. It would make the long wait worth it.
MysticMismagius
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Djaouida » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:12 pm

Villagerlover wrote:I have a feeling this new port will refresh the feeling of ToS entirely

Playing the Mobile port when it first came out is remarkably different from flash.
So yes, it will heavily refresh the game.
(There is no signature)
Djaouida
Veteran
Veteran

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:47 am

So excited for Unity! Will finally be able to get rid of Adobe Flash, hopefully no more lag in the game chat, no more ??? in place of Juggernaut, maybe it'll finally fix the OBS issue where I can't stream with sound.

Also, now the devs can finally work on implementing some of the feature requests people have wanted for a while, like KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS maybe? ;)
PleaseReadSiege
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Jerme » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 am

There are a few things planned, but I believe shortcuts haven't been one of that. But for now, the port has to be completely done, havign the beta released to Steam doesn't mean that the client is done, as the web port has to be finished, as well as squishing possible bugs that come up. The road is not done, yet, but hopefully not long anymore.
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

I tend to write small stories into my will and dislike Forgers and Janitors for removing them.

If you see a Grim Reaper called 'Zoroark', know that you might have encountered me.

Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PleaseReadSiege » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:05 pm

I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D
PleaseReadSiege
Executioner
Executioner

Postby BasicFourLife » Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:22 am

no one:
BasicFourLife
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner
[Forum Mafia XVI] Winner

Postby Koleszar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 am

PleaseReadSiege wrote:I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D

Would be nicer to auto-save the last will at the end of the night instead of closing to manually save it. That's my dream at least...
Koleszar
Survivor
Survivor

Postby Villagerlover » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:28 am

Koleszar wrote:
PleaseReadSiege wrote:I'll see if there's still interest in shortcuts after Unity is fully live then. I've found a way to close my last will with a few key presses, but being able to open and close it with a single key press would be so nice. Being able to control the entire game with the keyboard would be a dream :D

Would be nicer to auto-save the last will at the end of the night instead of closing to manually save it. That's my dream at least...

I hate to break it to you, but that dream won't come true. If we allowed that, then the town investigative roles would be able to record everything they did on their wills right before they die which is terrible.
Wanna say somethin'? >B3
PM
Villagerlover
Consigliere
Consigliere

Postby MysticMismagius » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:13 am

Villagerlover wrote:
Koleszar wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but that dream won't come true. If we allowed that, then the town investigative roles would be able to record everything they did on their wills right before they die which is terrible.
No they wouldn’t. By the time they see their results, the will would already be autosaved and locked in if you die.
MysticMismagius
Retributionist
Retributionist

Postby Koleszar » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:18 am

MysticMismagius wrote:
Villagerlover wrote:
Koleszar wrote:

No they wouldn’t. By the time they see their results, the will would already be autosaved and locked in if you die.

Smart boy who's not playing since yesterday. You got the answear.
Koleszar
Survivor
Survivor

Postby orangeandblack5 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Oh hey, this might happen before I graduate college ;)
Spoiler: Yeah this sig is really outdated.
Help support my Investigator Results List Overhaul and Town of Salem 1.5 suggestions!
Image a a a a a
Favorite Roles: Janitor, Spy
Loved Roles: Jailor, Witch, Executioner
Hated Roles: Mafioso, Amnesiac, Arsonist, Vampire
ElderSivart wrote:I'm confused as to why BMG made a UI for Pirate and not Hypnotist.

Sarah Thorpe wrote:Role Ideas is great for masochists.
orangeandblack5
Halloween 2017 Winner
Halloween 2017 Winner

Return to Announcements