Game froze AGAIN, eating a scroll.

Post any known bugs here!

Re: Game froze AGAIN, eating a scroll.

Postby Jerme » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:31 pm

Many software that requires a net connection have a buffer, to stop small disconnects to tamper with the connection, yet ToS does not have one.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:32 pm

Jerme wrote:Many software that requires a net connection have a buffer, to stop small disconnects to tamper with the connection, yet ToS does not have one.

>5 years after launch
>still doesnt have a very simple fix for disconnects
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby Jerme » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Google wrote:
Jerme wrote:Many software that requires a net connection have a buffer, to stop small disconnects to tamper with the connection, yet ToS does not have one.

>5 years after launch

As far as I've seen is Flash currently unable to create such a buffer, thus with changing the engine there can be a way created.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Transcender » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:36 am

Jerme wrote:
Google wrote:

>5 years after launch

As far as I've seen is Flash currently unable to create such a buffer, thus with changing the engine there can be a way created.

Thank god
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Postby SirKepi » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:57 pm

So I was just going to let this thread die, but I just disconnected AGAIN (ate a jailor scroll too) and so did BOTH FRIENDS PLAYING WITH ME! One of them used a retributionist scroll and she doesn't have tons of scrolls like I do. This is unacceptable BMG! You said a fix was going to be implemented WELL OVER A YEAR AGO! You said the fix was going to happen IN 2018 AND STILL NO FIX AT THE END OF 2019! Sorry to rant and get so angry, but I now have proof that it's happening to my friends at the same time it happens to me. Guess it's not just a problem on MY end (since it happened to two other people at the exact same instant in the exact same game), so would you care to guess again?

This issue really needs to be addressed and resolved. Please pass this along to the developers.

Here's some evidence for you. Unfortunately I didn't think to take a screenshot myself, but my two friends did.
https://imgur.com/a/5wPZ8qG
Yeah I'm a furry. Deal with it.

Favorite roles:
Jester
Executioner
Veteran
Godfather
Vampire Hunter

Names I most commonly use in-game:
Maiq the Furry (Usually)
Maiq the Liar (Rarely)
Phoenix Wright (Very rarely)

If you see me feel free to say hi! ^_^
SirKepi
Medium
Medium

Postby Jerme » Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:54 am

The priorities shifted due to the death of flash and thus the porting of the client to the unity engine received a higher priority. The connection issues are not forgotten and partially looked into as well.
I apologize for the dismay.

Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Previous

Return to Bug Reports