Bug: Lynched Pirate Triggers Trap Next Night

Post any known bugs here!

Bug: Lynched Pirate Triggers Trap Next Night

Postby ApolloNik » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 pm

I have some evidence that there is a bug where dead Pirates can trigger traps on a target the night after they were hung.
I am assuming some things about the circumstances during which I experienced this bug but have evidence below to back it up: I believe a Pirate selected a target for their ability during the day, the Pirate was hung that day, and the target they selected had a trap placed on them. Part of this is complicated by the fact that the target of the trap and pirating never said a word and disconnected day 4.

Facts of the circumstances:
Game Mode was Coven VIP. Therefore there was 1 pirate. Random Coven was Poisoner so there was NO Necromancer who could have controlled Pirate at night into the trap.
Pirate was hung day 2. On day 3, the Trapper reported the pirate's n2 visit.

Disputable evidence of the circumstances:
https://i.imgur.com/x1hW7ir.jpg
D2: Pirate (Wet Toast) hung by town. <<Assumption:D2 before they died, Wet Toast the Pirate had GayAf selected as their N2 target>>
N2: Trapper (Lemon Drink) placed trap on GayAf. <<Assumption indicated by Lemon Drink's will: Lemon Drink received message that Pirate visited GayAf. This assumption is softly verified by the fact that 2 nights later Lemon Drink's trap saved me (Apollo) from CL. The only alternative possibility is that Lemon Drink lied and placed their trap on Apollo but this is unlikely behavior>>
D3: Lemon Drink reports that they got a message about dead pirate visiting GayAf. Town assumes at this point that Random Coven is Necromancer and that this explains how Pirate visited GayAf.
D4: GayAf leaves/disconnects without having ever said anything or left anything related to N2 in their will. All that was in there was their N1 tracking.

https://i.imgur.com/Niu80Ej.jpg
N4: Apollo attacked by CL. Lemon Drink's <<Assumption: 2nd trap>> trap saves Apollo.
D5: LetMeWhisperGame claims poisoned which contradicts the notion that RC is Necromancer. Town confused.
N5: Apollo (me) is poisoned (proof above) confirming that RC is Poisoner and NOT Necromancer confirming our confusion as to how a dead Pirate could trigger a trap (which seems to have occured n2).

Alternative Theory Dispute:
1. The Trapper Lemon Drink is lying, they only placed a trap on you.
The same trapper saved me night 4 from Coven Leader leaving the only 2 possibilities: First, they used a trap night 2 and night 4 supporting my claim. OR far less likely, they placed at trap on me and never placed a trap on GayAf. While this is possible, I don't believe it to be likely given how collaborative Lemon Drink and I were working together. Additionally, What would Lemon Drink have gotten out of lying or waiting til n3 to place a trap on me? Either way, these circumstances of this bug are reproducible and it's worth checking to see if this bug can be replicated rather than focus on the unlikely possibilities that the trapper lied.

2. The Trapper could have experienced this as a result of a Cache issue?
I am not an experience on Caches so I'm not sure but wouldn't this be as a result of multiple Cache issues with both the Pirate and Trapper? I guess it's possible the game cached the pirates decision and didn't update it on the Trapper's client side resulting in the error.
ApolloNik

Re: Bug: Lynched Pirate Triggers Trap Next Night

Postby Transcender » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:03 pm

Not a cache issue, there have been the issue of misfit messages but I'm not sure if it could do something like that.
Transcender
Recruiter
Recruiter

Re: Bug: Lynched Pirate Triggers Trap Next Night

Postby Jerme » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:34 am

It migth be that this case is happening becuase the Pirate selected the player "GayAf" to plunder before they got lynched. There was once a bug with the Jailor that did the same (but for Lookouts) previously.
Disclaimer: I try to abide by the game's softfilter and use the appropriate replacements, when I am using the forums. Those will be set in brackets. Example: [tarnation]
Visit my role suggestions and give me feedback: http://www.blankmediagames.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=28949

Visit the Testing Grounds
Occupation: A developers pain and joy (QA-fox), currently "hired" by Ralozey
Jerme
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Return to Bug Reports