blackmailed but not?

Post any known bugs here!

blackmailed but not?

Postby WorryWorryWorry » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:17 pm

Okay so I was Spy, we pushed a player for vfr, they said 'I am blackmailed.' I called it fake because mafia didn't visit them, they were crusader so naturally I said to report them because yknow faked being blackmailed, a clear gamethrow right?
Well heres where it gets interesting, I decided to poke trialbot to see if the report on them went through, it did, and in the report you can see they did try to type when on the stand, the thing is though I checked many times, it didn't say they were visited by mafia, is this a bug or did I misunderstand something?

here's the report against them where you can see they did try to talk https://blankmediagames.com/Trial/viewR ... id=3458093
WorryWorryWorry
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Re: blackmailed but not?

Postby WildCard65 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:31 pm

Disguiser disguised the Blackmailer as Pacifist, you can see this in your Mafia visits that the Blackmailer was visited by a member of the Mafia, there's also a Disguiser in the list of roles in the report. When Disguiser disguises a Mafia member, the member's visit is hidden from the Spy's (and replaced by the Disguiser's Mafia member visit) while Lookouts will see the Disguiser's second target visit the disguised Mafia's member target while Sheriffs/Invests will gets results for the Disguiser's second target for the disguised Mafia member.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Re: blackmailed but not?

Postby WorryWorryWorry » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:43 pm

WildCard65 wrote:Disguiser disguised the Blackmailer as Pacifist, you can see this in your Mafia visits that the Blackmailer was visited by a member of the Mafia, there's also a Disguiser in the list of roles in the report. When Disguiser disguises a Mafia member, the member's visit is hidden from the Spy's (and replaced by the Disguiser's Mafia member visit) while Lookouts will see the Disguiser's second target visit the disguised Mafia's member target while Sheriffs/Invests will gets results for the Disguiser's second target for the disguised Mafia member.

Ooohhh, I didn't realise that's how it worked in regards to spy visits, well fuck, that's on me, luckily I assume the judges will realise this and not ban that person. Thanks for the explanation!
WorryWorryWorry
Amnesiac
Amnesiac

Return to Bug Reports