Win your first game as Hypnotist?

Post any known bugs here!

Win your first game as Hypnotist?

Postby Zacatero » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:13 pm

Hello!! My apologies that I don't really have a screenshot, but I do have a thing that I think (might?) be a bug?

I was initially assigned Hypnotist. But I was promoted to Mafioso toward the middle of the game. I then won the game. However, I did not receive the Steam achievement "Win 1 game as Hypnotist" (which was the entire reason I got hypnotist, I was using scrolls to get this achievement, it's like my last Mafia role I haven't won as)

Does that achievement not trigger if you get promoted to Mafioso in the game?
Zacatero
Benefactor
Benefactor

Re: Win your first game as Hypnotist?

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:15 pm

I think it might count as a Mafioso win instead of a Hypnotist win, but I'm not entirely sure.

When you check the stats page, does it say whether or not you have any Hypnotist wins?
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Zacatero » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:25 pm

Ezradekezra wrote:When you check the stats page, does it say whether or not you have any Hypnotist wins?

It still says zero. I only ask because for some reason, I thought it still triggers what you initially started as. For example, if you win a game as an Amnesiac who chose a new role and won, you still get the win as the Amnesiac, right?
Zacatero
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:39 pm

Zacatero wrote:
Ezradekezra wrote:When you check the stats page, does it say whether or not you have any Hypnotist wins?

It still says zero. I only ask because for some reason, I thought it still triggers what you initially started as. For example, if you win a game as an Amnesiac who chose a new role and won, you still get the win as the Amnesiac, right?

I think it only works like that for Amne

Executioners who turn into Jesters get Jester wins

People converted to Vampires get Vampire wins

I think it works the same way for Mafia promotions, since you didn't get a Hypno win
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby Zacatero » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Ah okay that makes sense then. I suppose this isn't a bug after all. Your help has been much appreciated, thank you!
Zacatero
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby kyuss420 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:38 am

It does work the same for mafia roles, the win is recorded for your end game role, not for what you started as.
goosegoosegoosegoosegoose
Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image Spoiler: Image
kyuss420
Serial Killer
Serial Killer

Postby WildCard65 » Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Mafia promotions are a different story compared to Vampire, Amne and EXE.
When you're promoted as Mafia and Mafia wins, the win is recorded as your original Mafia role.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Zacatero » Thu Jan 28, 2021 2:48 pm

WildCard65 wrote:Mafia promotions are a different story compared to Vampire, Amne and EXE.
When you're promoted as Mafia and Mafia wins, the win is recorded as your original Mafia role.

So does that mean being a Hypnotist promoted to Mafioso, and it not counting as a Hypnotist win... IS a bug?
Zacatero
Benefactor
Benefactor

Postby WildCard65 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:09 pm

Zacatero wrote:
WildCard65 wrote:Mafia promotions are a different story compared to Vampire, Amne and EXE.

So does that mean being a Hypnotist promoted to Mafioso, and it not counting as a Hypnotist win... IS a bug?

Most likely as on the end screen, the role list shows the Mafia Members' original role before promotion.
WildCard65
Doctor
Doctor

Return to Bug Reports