Lookout sees dead players visit twice

Post any known bugs here!

Lookout sees dead players visit twice

Postby Ezradekezra » Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:03 pm

As a Lookout, I saw a dead player who had been used by a Retributionist visit my target twice. I don't think that this is intentional, and this can cause issues because a Lookout can only see a maximum of 3 visitors.

Screenshot:
Spoiler:
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Re: Lookout sees dead players visit twice

Postby Whyton » Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:59 pm

Do you still remember the game or have a role list of the end? It might be that Necromancer used the dead person on the same night and I cannot see which gamemode you play so it's a possibility.
Ret and Necro can't use the same target on the same night but for me it happened too in a game where necro and ret used the same corpse (allthough ret left before I could ask him if he chose the same target corpse)

This would still be a bug (allthough a similar to the Pirate rb doesnt block visits of rb immune people but rb the ability of them).
In case of the Ret and Necro using same target, Ret ability fails but they still make their corpse visit (allthough possibly goes to the target the Necromancer chose).
Considering Ret and Necro are rb immune and the "corpse is occupied" message counts as essential rb this would make sense.

To be honest, now that I think about it. It really might be related to the Pirate bug because the Pirate got bugged when they removed the ability of ret + necro using the same target on the same night.
Whyton
Executioner
Executioner

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:06 pm

It was a Classic Ranked game so there's no possibility of Necromancer or Pirate shennanigans
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Postby CapWarrior2 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:51 pm

As LO doesn't see their own visit, with retri a tactic to make this happen is for the Retributionist for it actually have the visit doubled, but to LO normaly it isn't doubled vsiits, but in this bugged out and has shown double visits.
Idea Index:
Click Here

Reworked Idea:
Omen - Neutral(Evil)

Testing Grounds:
Come visit!
CapWarrior2
Doctor
Doctor

Postby Brilliand » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:38 pm

CapWarrior2 wrote:As LO doesn't see their own visit, with retri a tactic to make this happen is for the Retributionist for it actually have the visit doubled, but to LO normaly it isn't doubled vsiits, but in this bugged out and has shown double visits.

I don't think it's intentional that the dead LO sees themselves visiting, so I doubt that there are any special hacks in place to make that possible.

What role was Franz Ferdinand?
Brilliand
Godfather
Godfather

Postby Ezradekezra » Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:48 pm

Brilliand wrote:
CapWarrior2 wrote:As LO doesn't see their own visit, with retri a tactic to make this happen is for the Retributionist for it actually have the visit doubled, but to LO normaly it isn't doubled vsiits, but in this bugged out and has shown double visits.

I don't think it's intentional that the dead LO sees themselves visiting, so I doubt that there are any special hacks in place to make that possible.

What role was Franz Ferdinand?

I'm pretty sure that Franz Ferdinand was a Bodyguard but they might've been a Doctor (they were definitely a TP)

It's been a week or so since the game so I don't remember all of the details unfortunately
Ezradekezra
Halloween 2020 Winner
Halloween 2020 Winner

Return to Bug Reports