CONSTANT Disconnections

Post any known bugs here!

CONSTANT Disconnections

Postby mushyheaded » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:05 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/wGgk9BQ

I was using the browser version and was constantly getting Abnormal Disconnections. I figured purchasing the game [again] on Steam would solve the issue. It did not.
Suddenly chat stops going out or coming in, the timer counts down to 0, and then nothing happens [top picture]. Eventually I'm forced to just leave the game, at which point I get the "Disconnected." message [bottom picture].
I know I'm not the only one experiencing this. It's rendering the game pretty much unplayable.

I don't have problems playing any other games. Just Town of Salem. I have a suspicion: perhaps if my internet cuts out, even for a fraction of a second, this happens. The server/host/whatever can't recover. I only feel that way because I never get lags anymore--no delay of chat or anything. And I used to get that sometimes when my connection was bad. Instead, the whole game just freezes up, and it happens almost every game, even when my connection is great. But I don't know, that 's just a guess. All I know is y'all really ought to fix this sh*t.
mushyheaded
Executioner
Executioner

Re: CONSTANT Disconnections

Postby mushyheaded » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:05 pm

Update: I just got a new disconnection message that said "it appears you have lost your internet connection..." Yet I connected to the Internet one literal second later. My theory was right. It seems if I lose connection for a single moment, the game boots me out. It didn't used to be like that. What gives?
mushyheaded
Executioner
Executioner

Return to Bug Reports